Question on how blueberry colored bag ages

Sukey

Feb 6, 2008
I have a bag in pool and one in lawn...both fairly light colors. When they start to wear you see a tan color peeking through

In a blueberry bag, when it starts to wear, do you see a tan color or is it a lighter blue color (or something else)?

I have a blueberry bag I just got and am deciding if I want to keep or return it

thanks!

shut up! Lubriderm you say? I never would have thought of using that lol
So, on my pool and lawn bags, if I rub some lubriderm (also have apple care conditioner) on it will the tan spots/wear be less noticeable? I love the colors and the fact that the leather is light weight but Im one of those people who dont like the look the bags take on when they wear

Sukey: Yeah...Lubriderm. Make sure it's the unscented daily lotion.... I don't know what the perfumes would do to the leather and/or color. But you can see the before and after pics in that thread...it's shocking what it will do for crunch leather!

Musicgirl: Yeah I'm sure she's posted that here before, too. :yes:

^^I second that (lubriderm or apple care lotion). I haven't had my blueberry but a week but I think TE says the base color for all crunch is a tan color?

that's correct- the crunch leather is tanned twice. The base color is tan and the top coat is the color that you see. As the bag ages, the top color will fade a bit and the tan color underneath will show through a bit. If you love Tano bags when they are new (as opposed to when they get broken in) you can do things to stop/slow down this process like conditioning and spraying the bag when the leather starts to look dry (ie seasonally), and, of course, alternating your bags often so they dont get a lot of wear and tear. But that's sort of an "against gravity" approach, if you know what I mean.

I've heard that Wilson's is just as good as Apple. I've bought Apple products at leatherstuff.com and recently found that Burlington Coat factory carries the products in the shoe section (atleast the one in my city does).

i have used both the apple and the wilsons, and both seem to work about the same.

But as always, the main question for all us tano-ites is "distressed or not" on the crunch leather. The only way to keep the original color is to use a polish or cream like Tarrago or Meltonian. Without it, the bags will lighten and get veiny to show the light color underneath, and from what I have read the darker colors like the blues and purples seem to be affected the quickest. But it's all personal taste!