Question on Burberry scarves:

Sep 7, 2006
Hi all!

First time posting in the Burberry forum, I'm really getting into the brand! Having a British boyfriend helps too... :sneaky:

I love the perfume and I had a question on the scarves: I'm eyeing a couple at the moment and I'm wondering which material would be warmer, cashmere or merino wool? For those who own warm Burberry scarves, I'd love to hear reviews and opinions! :biggrin:

Thanks!

cashmere is more expensive but it is sooo glorious!!

cashmere is REALLY REALLY SOFT so i love it

wool can be high-quality but cashmere is still even higher

if you're gonna go designer & burberry, they are definitely well-known for their cashmere mufflers!

Cashmere and Merino are both types of wool. Though there are many types of wool on earth.

Cashmere is the finest type of wool on the market right now, hence why it's considered the softest and most luxurious. I believe the wool is taken from the underbelly of lamb's (baby sheep)

Merino Wool could be considered as 1-below Cashmere, it's still soft, but it's not as fine as Cashmere. The wool is taken from the hairs of Merino sheep.

Then there's Lamb's Wool, which tends to be a thicker wool in density, hence why it sometimes "pricks" the skin of people who tend to have more sensitive skin.

Angora wool
is actually wool made from the hair's of rabbits. It's also very soft but more delicate than lamb's wool because the hairs are much shorter and are harder to process when making clothing out of them.

Camel hair
is yet another type of wool which is very soft, but not as soft as Merino wool, Cashmere, or Angora wool. It's made from the hairs of camel's (duh).

---

As to your question of which type of wool is warmest, there is no specific type of wool that is the warmest,

The only thing that determines if a scarf will be warm enough for you is how thick the scarf is. The thickest Merino wool scarf can be warmer than a light cashmere scarf. It really depends on how much material they use to make the scarf.

I have a 50% cashmere and 50% wool scarf in the nova check and absolutely love it! It is very warm, just wish is was a little longer in length! No complaints here! Good luck with your decision!