Cartier thin small/Love bracelet thread

Hi lmissx,
I have similar experience with my small love bracelet with very slight movement, one is more than the other, I have two, wearing them 24/7 for a year. They were always secure though, never unlocking by themselves. Hope this helps.

Hi ThingsThatILove,
Did this slight spacing between two halves bother you a little at the beginning, like it didn’t feel solid enough?

Of course now that you’ve had yours for a year and with 24/7 wear, it’s probably not a worry for you anymore. :smile:

I’d like to wear my small love 24/7 too but somehow because of it not being closed shut very tightly it kind of feels strange to be wearing it all the time (shower, etc). Maybe it’s just a matter of getting used to it. :-/

So far 4 people told me their small love bracelet is the same with clicking/tapping sound/slight space between the two halves. So it’s probably not a matter of getting one without this phenomenon. Sounds like it might be a design thing.

Oh you did? I’m also not very thrilled about this slight movement between the two halves of the bracelet. I’d prefer if it were closed shut tightly. I’d love to wear mine 24/7 and it doesn’t feel very solid to me either. But I love everything else about it.
So far 3 people here on purseforum told me their small loves have the same movement (with me and you, that’s 5 people total). Sounds like it may be a design of the snap mechanism and not a defect. Other people reported they’ve had it for 2+ years with no issues.

What did your SA say when you brought the bracelet back because this clicking sound?
This was 1.5 years ago but the manager of the store allowed me to take a look at a few other thin loves and the others seemed tighter and more secure. I ended up just going for the regular classic love in the end and I’m really happy with that decision!

Hi Violet Bleu,
do all three of your small love bracelets have this clicking sound/slight movement between the two halves of the bracelet?

Did it concern you a little at the beginning?
How long have your been wearing yours 24/7?

Probably now that you’ve had yours for a while you know it’s safe despite this slight movement and nothing to worry about?!
Hello! I think one or two of them do, but I have literally worn mine to death and never had any issues. To be honest, I think some of them do and some of them don’t. And no I was never concerned about it. I’ve had mine for a couple of years. I wore them 24/7 while showering, swimming, and everything. I knocked them on stuff all the time and wasn’t careful at all and never had them come open or anything like that. And I think pulling on them when they’re locked to listen for the clicking sound is probably not that good for them either. So I wouldn’t worry about it.

Last edited:
Hi ThingsThatILove,
Did this slight spacing between two halves bother you a little at the beginning, like it didn’t feel solid enough?

Of course now that you’ve had yours for a year and with 24/7 wear, it’s probably not a worry for you anymore. :smile:

I’d like to wear my small love 24/7 too but somehow because of it not being closed shut very tightly it kind of feels strange to be wearing it all the time (shower, etc). Maybe it’s just a matter of getting used to it. :-/

So far 4 people told me their small love bracelet is the same with clicking/tapping sound/slight space between the two halves. So it’s probably not a matter of getting one without this phenomenon. Sounds like it might be a design thing.
I'm sorry for the late reply, just saw your message...
Yes, it did at the beginning (although it wasn't very noticeable),
I got used to it very quickly but still took me a while to not worry about the lock. I do still check it regularly even though it has been always very scure... it became a habit :smile:
They are a part of me now and so comfortable and enjoyable to wear.
:smile:

Do your bracelet have a gap when it’s closed (the part where u screw it)? If I push the bracelet in where the arrows are at, there will be a click sound. Do you have the issue ? Many thanks!

53F76D82-D73E-4251-BF69-038C6BBFBACD.jpeg

My bracelet has a click sound when I push it and a bit of a gap as well. I was a bit worried at first but I've never had an issue with the screw for the 3 months I've had mine (fingers crossed it stays that way).

No this is not normal. You are in danger of losing it. Check in with your boutique. They may glue it, change the screw system and - if said before does not help - exchange for a new one.

Mine does not have that big of a gap, I would look into it. Definitely don’t want them glueing it, that’s for the classic bangle. Thin love should be able to be taken on and off, so no glue for this one.