Cartier thin small/Love bracelet thread

Hello,
As I mentioned in a previous thread I am planning to buy the small Love next month. For those that have had it awhile any issues with the screw? I have heard about the issues with the classic size and hoping that there are no issues with the small. Also do you where it 24/7 or take it off at night?
Thanks for your feedback .

Like others said, it’s not really a “screw” on the small, it’s a locking mechanism to keep the hinge from opening. I’ve forgotten to turn the screw-lock before (I know..), and it still stayed clicked shut and didn’t fall off. Anyways, yes I wear it pretty much 24/7 with no issues so I would recommend :smile:

Hello,
A question to everyone with the small love bracelet.
When the snap mechanism is closed and the screw is locked in lock position, is there a slight movement/click metal sound when you tap the bracelet from both sides or if you try to pull both sides slightly apart when the bracelet is locked? In other words, is it shut/closed tightly or since its a snap lock mechanism there’s some tiny wiggle room when you try slightly to pull it apart or tap it from both sides?

I just got my small love and the closure isn’t super tight, there’s some slight click sound when I do what I described above.

Please let me know how your small love bracelets are behaving. Thank you!

Hi lmissx,
I have similar experience with my small love bracelet with very slight movement, one is more than the other, I have two, wearing them 24/7 for a year. They were always secure though, never unlocking by themselves. Hope this helps.

Hi lmissx,
I have similar experience with my small love bracelet with very slight movement, one is more than the other, I have two, wearing them 24/7 for a year. They were always secure though, never unlocking by themselves. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply, ThingsThatILove. That’s a relief to hear. I was wondering if it was just mine.

Would be nice to hear from others too, so we all get a bit more educated about these little beauties.

Hi! I just bought the small love bracelet online through the e-boutique and had a question. Does anyone else who have the small love bracelet...when the bracelet is closed and screwed on, do the two halves move just slightly around a little bit where the opening is? Like there is a little bit of wiggle room? Hope I’m explaining this clearly. Thanks for any help and insight!

So funny you mention it. I didn't find this thread earlier and was asking the same question in the other "small love bracelet" related threads. I just got mine and it has the wiggle room you are describing. Also 3 people commented back on my question in the other threads and confirmed their small love bracelet also has a bit of space and makes a little clicking/tapping noise if you press on two halves or try to pull apart.
So it sounds like it's common and not a defect.
If anyone asked their SA or Cartier about this, it would be interesting to know what they said.

Reactions: jsscxx
So funny you mention it. I didn't find this thread earlier and was asking the same question in the other "small love bracelet" related threads. I just got mine and it has the wiggle room you are describing. Also 3 people commented back on my question in the other threads and confirmed their small love bracelet also has a bit of space and makes a little clicking/tapping noise if you press on two halves or try to pull apart.
So it sounds like it's common and not a defect.
If anyone asked their SA or Cartier about this, it would be interesting to know what they said.
Thanks for the reply! I ended up returning it since I didn’t like the clicking noise it made. It sounded too loose for me :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I ended up returning it since I didn’t like the clicking noise it made. It sounded too loose for me :smile:

Oh you did? I’m also not very thrilled about this slight movement between the two halves of the bracelet. I’d prefer if it were closed shut tightly. I’d love to wear mine 24/7 and it doesn’t feel very solid to me either. But I love everything else about it.
So far 3 people here on purseforum told me their small loves have the same movement (with me and you, that’s 5 people total). Sounds like it may be a design of the snap mechanism and not a defect. Other people reported they’ve had it for 2+ years with no issues.

What did your SA say when you brought the bracelet back because of this clicking sound?

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, I have three that I've worn 24/7 and never had any issues.

Hi Violet Bleu,
do all three of your small love bracelets have this clicking sound/slight movement between the two halves of the bracelet?

Did it concern you a little at the beginning?
How long have your been wearing yours 24/7?

Probably now that you’ve had yours for a while you know it’s safe despite this slight movement and nothing to worry about?!