Question for the ladies that own CL Paten Leather Decolletes

Wow, this thread is very informative. Thanks for the info Chloe_78 and Gucci Diva. I would never have thought to ask the store to stretch my shoes.

I've also never heard of a heat stretcher. I brought a pair of patent CL Iowas to be stretched even though I had been warned patent barely budges. I didn't know to look for a heat stretcher. They did stretch just a tiny bit but they are still a bit too tight. I'll have to find out if my cobbler used a heat stretcher. If not I'm going to have to pay again for them to be heat stretched.

Kamilla, sorry I can't help much. I just got a pair of patent decollettes. I wore them out once to a show and I was mostly sitting so I don't know if they stretch. Sounds like you got a lot of info from everyone else though. I know I did! :tup:

You know, until I had this patent leather experience, I'd never heard of a heat stretcher too. I have my own wood stretcher at home that does a great job with all of my shoes. Unfortunately, with the patent leather, I would put the shoes in a wood stretcher overnight and they would shrink by morning. Sooo frustrating. I couldn't understand what's going on until I talked to the shoe person at Macy's. He told me that the patent leather will always come back to the original shape unless it is stretched with heat. I trust him, he's had his buiness for years and my shoes come out looking perfect when he is done with them.