Question about the metal/leather tag

ibagz

Apr 5, 2008
hi to all -been a lurker for a long time, my first post is asking your assistance re SGH Work leather tag - can you please confirm if it is 178080 1669? TIA.
Also I have a GH city and a GH work - seems like the city is heavier than the work - any input as to your know hows are greatly appreciated.

I did do a search but can't find info on SGH Work label- don't see it in the link you provided either - can owners of work sgh chime in ?- thanks again. Will be double posting in the authenticate thread - just need info asap.

quote=pinkboudoir;5899135]Do check the reference section, lots of valuable infor there. Click this.

One reason I could think of, the leather on your city could be way thicker thus it feels heavier.[/quote]

I've just bought a preloved GGH Vert fonce city.
It was authenticated in the autheticate this-forum.

As I am new to the GH bags I have som questions that I couldn't find answer to by using the search function.

Well here are my questions:

I am a little bit confused because in the dimensions and prices sticky is the giant city is only listed with the no. 173084 3444 but mine says 173084 502752.

Also do you know why the edge of leather doesn't have the same "glazing" that the RH have (pics attached, first of the GH city, second of RH bag)?

And am I just imaginating of is the strap somwhat broader than the RH? Sorry the many questions (i tried to search the forum) but this is my first city with GH....

Attachments

• 1234 038.jpg
    1234 038.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 137
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 146
The border looks correct... I think they reinforce the leather with an addl. piece to counterbalance the addl. weight of the giant hardware. The hardware is a little larger.. and the lace is double twined on the handles too. ;)

The picture look good to me so far... ;o)

The border looks correct... I think they reinforce the leather with an addl. piece to counterbalance the addl. weight of the giant hardware. The hardware is a little larger.. and the lace is double twined on the handles too. ;)

The picture look good to me so far... ;o)

Ah that sounds reasonable. Is that also why the handles seem be set more widely apart?

Thank you so much. On my bag's leather tag it has 173084 502752 as well... so which is which? is it 3444 at the second set? I'm so confused now. I jz got it out from this website www.edesignershop.net few days ago and it's my first Bbag...:sad:

The serial no. is the same as mine, it's just because the list haven't been updated. BUT I have read that www.edesignershop.net is believed to be selling fakes. I would post pictures in the "authenticate this"-thread ad let the experts take a look.
Good luck....

In comparing my two city bags, one from 05 and the other 09, I noticed on the metal tag a little thing engraved on the right hand bottom corner. Can't make out what it is but definitely an etching of something very small. I saw this on my old bag. However on the new 09 it's not there.
Having received this bag from a retail store, it still puzzles me because I have been looking at the tags on line on e bay and most do have that little etching. Does yours?

Is it a little oval with the numbers 925 in it? I think this means the tag contains silver (not sure though -- correct me if I am wrong). My FW 06 does but I have owned two FW 05s also and neither one did.