Question about my Plum Carly

I find that the scratches on my Legacy bags (the scratched surfaces always appear much lighter) disappear and the deeper colour is fully restored and consistent. Maybe this whitening is just like a scratch. I hope my suggestion helps.

If the edging on my leather bag wears off like that, I'd grab my Apple and try to do some damage control ASAP.

BTW, get the Apple Leather conditioner and not the Coach version because the latter contains silicone and it coats and chokes the pores until the leather drys and cracks over time.

Get Apple instead because it doesn't contain silicone.

If you ask the Coach SAs about that, they'd deny it and try to promote their product over Apple. It's this forum that will keep you on the straight and narrow. Coach doesn't always tells the truth--they're focussed more on the bottom line and they'd tell you to get the Coach leather conditioner too.

Thanks for the tip!! Now where can I get some of this wonderful Apple product???

^VPink118^ There is where I get mine:

http://www.daytimer.ca/search/SearchPage.aspx?free_text|6/30/2008%206:35:36%20PM=Apple&shopperid=DE0D84AC33A448ED915C4A84A735A5F6&aid=False&wu=7&keycode=&line=&cid=20&Origin=

Since you're in the USA, it's cheaper and the delivery charges are much less.

Also, probably better for you, LeatherStuff.com:

http://leatherstuff.com/shop/index.php?id=290

Good luck!

Thanks a bunch! Do you suggest the Leather Care or Cleaner for the bag??? I'm guessing the Care?!?

Don't buy the cleaner--it's too harsh on the leather. Just get the Apple Conditioner. I made the mistake of getting some cleaner in my order before reading up on the negative effects of the cleaner on Coach leather. I will probably try to use the cleaner on my hefty leather boots and shoes that are salt stained from all the bad winter mucking around.

Don't buy the cleaner--it's too harsh on the leather. Just get the Apple Conditioner. I made the mistake of getting some cleaner in my order before reading up on the negative effects of the cleaner on Coach leather. I will probably try to use the cleaner on my hefty leather boots and shoes that are salt stained from all the bad winter mucking around.

Thanks! I will get some of the conditioner and then report back!

I hope it does the trick on the edges. If it works, that's more good added knowledge to this forum.

Someday, this may become the official source of honest opinions and knowledge on Coach maintenance and purchasing knowledge based on many Coachies' developed and worldwide experiences. We regularly discuss issues and build a solid understanding of this namebrand. Wouldn't that be a cool phenomenon! :supacool:

Last edited:
I posted awhile back about how my plum Carly's leather is wearing on all four bottom corners of the purse... has anyone, that has owned or owns a leather Carly (any color), have this problem? Did you complain? Did you fix it? I have yet to try conditioner on it but was curious if I'm the only one with this issue!

i have a med leather carly but i haven't used her yet, so sorry i'm no help, but i will def keep an eye on her more carefully when i use her...still have to apple her too.

I have a medium plum Carly, but she is probably not old enough to help you. I've had her for about a month, and probably worn her for about two weeks. The bag still looks brand new, but I conditioned before use.

I have a camel med leather carly and yes, the corners are wearing a little on the bottom, but I have not done anything, because I figure it's normal wear I guess. I do baby my bags, and I was upset this was happening, but I did use it for 3-4 months.

I posted on your previous post that mine was doing the same. It is worse on the corners that are not against me when carrying. Anyway, I did try the apple conditioner and it did help slightly. However, at first the corners turned dark for a minute and then it was okay. It is not as light as it was, but it is still there.

oh, and I forgot to mention that I did not complain about it, because I love this bag and it is my first, and only Carly, and now they aren't making them anymore. I guess I should have conditioner her when I first got her, but I didn't think it would show signs of wear in just 2 or 3 months.