Question about my Plum Carly

VPink118

O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Atlanta
I just looked over at my large plum Carly bag and noticed the bottom corners are faded. Is this supposed to happen? I have not used any conditioner on the bag but I have only been using the bag for a couple months. Frustrated......:tdown:

shadowbaby

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Mine is doing the same thing. I got mine in Sept and have switched between her and my Lily and my Zoe. I noticed it right before Christmas. Seems strange for that to happen on leather that has not been used all that much

VPink118

O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Atlanta
I'm afraid to complain seeing I exchanged my signature carly for this one because of the bad fraying on it. BUT this is a $500 dollar purse. Any suggestions???

Is it MY fault because I didn't keep up the conditioning?

kabaker

Kabaker
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
The corners on my sig carly did that. They faded and then they frayed. I returned her for a Julianne a few weeks before christmas.

VPink118

O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Atlanta
The corners on my sig carly did that. They faded and then they frayed. I returned her for a Julianne a few weeks before christmas.
Hmm... that is too bad. Do you think I have any luck exchanging a leather Carly?? Or will they want to send it in for repair?

kabaker

Kabaker
O.G.
Dec 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
Hmmm... well they might just send it in since it is leather. I have not heard of other people having problems with the corners of the leather carly.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
I've only had mine for about a month, though I've been using her almost every day, and mine is not fading at all. I did spray mine before use, but that usually doesn't prevent wear, just prevents water damage. I don't see any sign of wear on mine at all, really.

harmnydiva

Makeup Artist Ninja
O.G.
Dec 19, 2008
Greensboro, NC
I've only had mine for about a month, though I've been using her almost every day, and mine is not fading at all. I did spray mine before use, but that usually doesn't prevent wear, just prevents water damage. I don't see any sign of wear on mine at all, really.
What did you use to protect her from water? I deff. need to do that to mine! TIA!

Jul 4, 2008
I have the plum carly too and I've been using it for over 2 months now and I did not see any fading or wear. I did condition it though with apple.

arsweb

chocolate bag addict
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
I think that would be considered normal wear and tear. It has to do with the surfaces the leather is touching on a daily basis. Are you rubbing/bumping the corners on stuff as you walk by? Setting it down on rough surfaces?

VPink118

O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Atlanta
I think that would be considered normal wear and tear. It has to do with the surfaces the leather is touching on a daily basis. Are you rubbing/bumping the corners on stuff as you walk by? Setting it down on rough surfaces?
Nope- none of the above! I am pretty careful with it! I mean I just wonder why that is happening not even a couple months after carrying it! So expensive to do that!!