Question about Campana versus Veneta

I wanted to thank all of you for your helpful responses, which helped me come to the following action: since I'm in no rush to acquire a new handbag, my Saks sales associate is going to help me order a zip-around wallet and a medium veneta (both in ebano) at the next gift card event (whenever that may be).

Again, thanks to all!

^^The next Saks event is this week. Did you get your bag and wallet yet?!?!?! If not - this would be the perfect time!!!!

i recommend that you get a dark color. Also, DO NOT EVER get anything sticky get on the bag, it will rip the top coat of the leather right off!! It's actually a very thin and not very durable leather they use.

I have a few of their bags. The white medium veneta is cute but so hard to keep clean. The Beverly Hills boutique raved how great it was and how easy to clean it. Tried to take it back for spot cleaning and it was a different story. manager said that you can't use their leather clean to cean the white bags it will make them dirtier. Sales people are so rude after you buy their bags and need help maintaining them.

It's really too bag b/c their bags are really understated and cute. But they are pretty expensive.

sounds like you will be trying the medium Veneta. I'm 5'6" and larger than average. the med. Veneta doesn't fit on my shoulder but the med. Campana was snug, but was better than the Veneta ( ended up getting the large Campana). so with your size, the med. Campana could be a shoulder bag.

beauxgoris - I did get my medium veneta in ebano during the saks gc event! It's gorgeous. I will need to figure out how to get my digital camera back in operation to take photos. I held off on getting a wallet. Maybe at the next event...

Michelle MD - Like you, I can easily pop this onto my shoulder. I tried it on with a coat, which was a little uncomfortable, but it was perfect if I had on a light jacket or no jacket/coat.

Bella 1 - I do agree that it could easily become uncomfortable below the pits if I put a lot in the bag. Luckily, I don't carry much beyond a cell phone, small wallet and key case.

apigscloset - your suggestions on caring for the veneta are well appreciated; I am careful with my bags but it's hard sometimes with 2 kids

This turned out to be a really good size for me. When I look in the mirror, it looks well proportioned against my frame. I could see getting the large veneta if I carried more stuff.

Thanks everyone for all of your comments and support!