Purses we dont use/like - Sell or keep?

I've felt bad before when selling bags my SO or mom has given me but I think of it this way...selling it makes money for a new one that I will love! I talked to my SO & mom about this and they agreed with my decision.

never sold anything but have given away a lot especially those that i purchased on a whim only to realize they do not fit my personality or they look better on my friends:P

When I was dating my now DH, 20 years ago, he bought me a leather Liz Claiborne handbag. It cost around $100. I still hear about "that expensive purse". It's packed away in a box. I would never get rid of it. If I would have gotten rid of that bag he would have never given me another bag. I would keep it.

I have a Coach Carly that is just too small. I told my sister last night that I was going to sell it. She told me she'd love to have it, but she doesn't have the money. I didn't have any idea that she even liked Coach. I told her it would be her early Christmas gift.

Don't know if I could sell such a thing... I'd probably regret it!

But it depends how much I liked the bag. If I loved it and I suddenly don't, I'd keep it. The love will come back I guess... But if I didn't totally LOVE it in the first place, I think I could sell it and replace with something I'm crazy about at the moment.

Okay ladies, I decided to keep the purse my bf gave me. Hopefully we have daughters in the future and I can pass it on to them ;)
As for the other bag I'm gonna sell it because I will probably never use it although it looks so nice and perfect..

I definitely get rid of bags I don't use anymore. I either give them away to someone I think will use them or try to sell or last resort will give them to goodwill or something. I like to make room for the new stuff!:smile:

I have given away a couple of bags to my sister and mom, but when I see them wear it, I usually think, "Damn I gave THAT away??!??"
It sounds weird, but I've always hesitated donating bags to Goodwill because I wonder if the recipient will end up getting mugged or robbed because they're carrying a nice bag when they live in a bad area. I only think this because I read somewhere about kids saving up to buy nice sneakers/clothes but getting them literally ripped off their feet/back the day they wear them.