Purse Experts: Help this BF find a Purse for his GF!

Balenciaga is a terrific option. I do strongly prefer the regular hardware over the giant hardware though

I would also suggest looking at Mulberry - the Bayswater is a very classic and versatile design. Personally I am at the moment really liking the Mulberry Alexa in regular size - it's gorgeous and very versatile. Probably not *as* timeless as the Bayswater but I think it will still be a design I'll be carrying for years

For reference I'm in my early 20s :smile:

When I read your post I immediately thought of Balenciaga. I think it's cool, young and lust-worthy. There are lots of colors to choose from too and they can be dressed up or down. You also might want to enlist the help of one of her best girlfriend's, they know her best! Good luck!

Hey PurseNewb! This is my first post in a LOONG time.

My wonderful hubby gave me the RH Outremer City for my bday! I prefer simple regular hardware bags (over the giant hardware or covered hardware) that can be carried on both shoulders and hands. It's gorgeous and I love it! It's an everyday bag that can be worn day or night. I also have the Balenciaga GH Handle Clutch which I take out for nice or casual nights out. RH City is about $1400 which is a bit more than your budget but well worth it and the clutch with GH is $800. I hope this helps!

**Warning - B Bags are ADDICTING!**

Attachments

• Outremer City RH.jpg
    Outremer City RH.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
  • GH Handle Clutch.jpg
    GH Handle Clutch.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 24
Thanks everyone!

Would department stores carry Balenciaga? Would any of these stores carry it?
Neiman Marcus
Bloomingdales
Nordstrom
Sak's
(can't think of any other high end ones in the suburbs where I live)

I'll probably purchase in the next two days when I head around to the various malls.

Balenciaga would make a wonderful gift! Where do you live? They are sold at some Neimans and Saks but not all. If they don't have it at a store near you they can order it or you can also find balenciaga online at Balenciaga.com and barneys.com. Good luck and keep us posted please!!

Glad to see you are thinking about size/shape/organization.

It's very difficult to buy a purse for someone else because it has to suit what the lady carries and how she likes to organize it.

You really don't want to buy an expensive bag that will sit in her closet because if she used it she'd have to carry a separate tote or conversely that it would be half empty.

I always choose my own bags and I have had tons that didn't really suit me! So I can see what a daunting prospect it is for a guy.

I'd have a look at the general size/shape/color of her two or three favorites and try to find some consensus, and be sure she can exchange it.

Update:

Pulled the trigger today on a Balenciaga black City bag ($1395 at Neiman). Owch! Worth it though. Good thing I brought an AMEX, didn't know that's all they accepted...anyhow, made sure the sales associate put in a gift receipt so that she can exchange it for another style or Brand (and @tiggycat yes it is indeed quite daunting...women's retail is a world of difference from men's..!)

I was hoping to take a shot of the bag to show all you folks, but the sales associate who helped me wrapped it up and boxed it as a gift. :smile: I'll post pictures after this weekend.

Her birthday weekend starts Friday night, so I'm crossing my fingers. What is funny is 10 minutes after I swiped, she dropped a subtle hint at Chanel. Oi...I hope she still likes the "b-bag" but I would not be personally hurt if she decides she'd want a C-bag. Lol. My biggest concern is definitely the usability and shape/size, since it's a decent amount smaller than what she's using now.

Thanks again everyone!

The C-Bag can never do what the BBag does. They are so different! Even if you get C Bags galore next time, there'd always be a need in her wardrobe and her heart for this gorgeous Black City! Great call!!!

Kind of late, but here it is! Lol, as you can see in the picture, I have been replaced in her front seat...

24092379111858647702928.jpg

I wanted to thank you all and everyone at Purse Forum. Saved me a lot of time and she got something she wanted.