PS1 Travel has arrived - with pics!

bedhead

O.G.
May 15, 2007
I have been debating between an XL PS1 and a medium PS1 Travel to carry as a work/travel bag. It was a tough decision because I love the softer leather and colors available in the XL, and I initially thought the Travel was too big. Then The Corner had a sale on the Travel (half off!), so I had to give it a shot. It arrived last night and I just opened it and tried it out and I love it! It fits everything I need for work (laptop, small handbag, sunnies) and it feels super sturdy. It's professional enough for work but has the gorgeous PS1 styling that I love. Plus, the leather smells amazing. The only drawback for me is that it's just barely tall enough to fit a 15" MacBook Pro without a sleeve, but I am just going to get a hard shell case for the laptop instead.

Photos coming shortly!

Congrats, bedhead!

I was kind of thinking the same but, as I haven't found (or missed out on) a deal for either, I am still undecided... Mine will be more for travel, though -- trams, trains, planes, and automobiles.

Can you zip it up with the 15" in?

Does it feel that much more bulky than the XL (thinking of tight spaces) or is it closer to a KA?

It is gorgeous, btw! And, again, huge congratulations, especially for the fab deal!

That's gorgeous! Sometimes I use my LKA as a work tote. It is slightly taller, so the 15" MBP fits more easily - but the LKA is a less "sturdy" bag.

Please post some photos carrying your new bag, and let us know how it feels carrying back and forth from work. I use my XL PS1 as a work bag and I love it - I think the PS1 Travel will be great for you!!

Wow I love it! I like that they placed a brass ring at the base of the handles so they won't be standing up as you wear it crossbody. Hope you could post modelling pics!!

Thanks ladies!

Elliespurse, yes, it is the black. The contrasting silver hardware looks great on it.
dietingfashions, it's actually black. My phone made it look bronze-ish for some reason, but it's black with silver hardware.
in paris, it's more like a Keep All in dimensions as its bottom is wider than its top. I can zip it up with the 15" in it, but only if I don't have a sleeve on it. If there's a sleeve, I have to lean the laptop at an angle to get it zipped, but without one I can stand it upright and put a bunch of extra stuff in there. I am actually going to use it for travel too - I will be traveling for work and want a bag that can work for both traveling and visiting customers.

I've been using it for travel over the holidays and I really like it so far! I have to work a bit so I brought all the stuff I'd normally travel with for work and it holds all of it. I can't wait to take it on my next business trip in January. (And of course I will report back after that trip with some in-transit photos!)

I've been using it for travel over the holidays and I really like it so far! I have to work a bit so I brought all the stuff I'd normally travel with for work and it holds all of it. I can't wait to take it on my next business trip in January. (And of course I will report back after that trip with some in-transit photos!)
Thank you, bedhead, I can't wait for pics and further thoughts after you've used it for an actual trip!

I just used my large Marco Tagliaferri (a bag I usually use for groceries and the like) for a trip that had me in and out of airport security four times in less than a week. As usual, I was amazed at how much I could stuff in it (we were stuck on the runway waiting for the winds to die down so I stuffed it with free mags and papers to distract myself when we went for another go at it)... Even stuffed to the brim, it fit under the seat on a small plane.

What bothered me about it was the lack of partitions to hold my laptop in place when having to pull it in and out through security. (Also, it kind of smushed other belongings that were there in it, that were not protected in cases.).. For that, I think the XL may be better. (That, and the closer hold to the body on trams and trains.)

Then again, there was a lot of placing the bag on the trolley and/or the floor (lovely several hour layovers), which makes the structure of the Travel more appealing. That, and the ability to stuff more in if you buy Duty-Free (and they put it in those sealed bags that you can't separate)... But is the medium big enough? Will you wish you got the large?

So I'm really interested in your use of the bag in action!

And, also, if you ever take off the strap and use it like a KA whilst on a trip to use for shopping and the like.

(I always have my camera on my shoulder and such, so I prefer to be as hands-free as possible at all times... Missed a great shot yesterday morning because I was loathe to put my unstructured bag on the sodden tarmac and don't want that to happen again.)

I truly await your replies as you seem to be one of the few who have gotten this gorgeous bag and I have been obsessing which would be the best for my needs -- way, way too much down time puddle-jumping during gale force winds! :P

I'm currently on a layover on my way home from my first business trip with the Travel. I am totally loving its practicality and subtle looks so far, but it does have a couple of small drawbacks. I will post photos when I am home, but here are my observations so far:

Pros: it fits lots of stuff. I currently have a 15" MacBook Pro, an iPad in a case, a Bal First, sunglasses in a case, 2 magazines, a training manual, a makeup bag, a scarf, and a couple of chargers in it.
It fits perfectly on top of my rolling carry-on suitcase. Its shape, structure, and feet keep it solidly on the bag and I don't have to worry about it slipping. It's also only slightly wider than my suitcase so it fits perfectly down the airplane aisle.
It is very well organized. The front pocket is great for my phone and boarding passes because I don't have to open the main flap.
The leather is sturdy and the shoulder handles and strap feel very well built. I am not worried about this bag being able to carry its weight.
It fits under an airplane seat, but I have to be a bit careful as it's just the right height to scrape on the underside of the in-seat power boxes that are under a lot of seats.

Cons: it just barely contains the 15" MBP without a sleeve. I prefer having my laptop protected by a sleeve, so this worries me a little.
It's kind of heavy compared to some other totes I have. Not that my load is a light one by any means!
When it's stuffed totally full it's kind of awkward to carry on the shoulder with the two handles vs. the strap. I think this is due to the shape and is probably true of the Keep All too.
When using the shoulder strap, the handle kind of sticks out from the front of the bag. I think this will get better as the bag ages and the handles become less stiff.

I am really happy with it and I'm so glad I got it over the XL PS1. More pics soon!

Ugh. I took a bunch of photos while I was traveling but when I upload them the forum software turns them sideways! I've even rotated them on my computer but they still show up sideways here. Any ideas?