Prune handbags?

samsmom1127

Jun 23, 2007
I saw a passing reference to Prune handbags from Argentina in a post here, but a quick forum search turned up no futher information. So, what's the scoop? I found the website and they look like really nice, classic bags, and I almost fainted over the prices. Has anyone seen them in real life? How is the quality? Can they be purchased online from anywhere except the website? Any thoughts or information appreciated!

Hello everyone. Prüne is a brand from Argentina, you can have a real leather collection of purses, belts, and other stuff. They are GREAT quality and beautiful. Besides, the prices are very good (considering it´s real leather) I have just bought one (not leather though) at $60 dollars today... If you ever come to Argentina, I recommend you to buy one of their products. www.prune.com.ar

Welcome to TPF florenciagomez, and thank you for answering my question. Now I just need to track down a supplier here in the US! I think I would like to give these bags a try.

I made a similar post regarding Argentina's Blaque brand but the same goes for Prune (I prefer Prune over Blaque)...

When I lived in BA, I bought some cute purses and shoes at Blaque and at Prune. Both stores offer great designs and good quality at very affordable prices. I also recommend El Boyero and Casa Lopez - excellent quality leather purses, shoes, jackets, etc.

i personally HAVE one of these gorgeous creatures you speak of!! a Prune handbag....i saw your post in response to a search i did trying to figure out where to get my hands on some more..the quality is UNREAL..and the price...even MORE unreal..i bought mine in Buenos Aires in march and paid 300 Arg pesos....expensive there but about 100 $ CAn...you will NOT find a bag of this quality for that in Canada...i promise you this! if you find out where and how to get them..PLEASE let me know! i can however give you the adress of the company as it is on my reciept!

GAX S.A.
Prune 3418 (abs)
abasto de buenos aires
local 1034
1193 capital federal

hope this helps in your search...they are worth the hunt..trust me!

I was in Buenos Aires this past March and bought a pair of boots at Prüne. They are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn and I've received countless compliments on them. I also bought a number of wallets (as gifts) at Blaque and they are gorgeous. I'd go back to Argentina just for the shopping. :smile:

The website doesn't do these bags justice! A friend of mine just came back from a trip to Argentina and she got some boots and a bag from Prune...I :heart: the bag so much!! It's a lovely gray and very well-designed. I wish that they were easily available in the States. :pout: