Mansur Gavriel Protea bag

I’ve seen it in person at the LA boutique. I really love the look of this bag, but I feel it has a design flaw that prevented me from purchasing. The handles are attached to the inside of the bag near the magnets that give the bag the closed/folded dumpling shape. (There’s also a magnet in the center of the bag) When you put anything in the bag and pick it up to wear it, the magnets pop open at the sides and to me, it looks sloppy. The SA at the store told me it’s supposed to do that as it’s a more boho style. I was so disappointed because I was really hoping to purchase the smaller size but I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the bag stay closed when in use.

I just saw the blue grey mini protea in real life today. I agree with the comment above regarding the magnets, they could be problematic. Other than that, the bag was beautiful and lightweight with a little bit of structure, but not as much as the bucket. It’s really pretty IMO.

Reactions: hartwin and Cyw
I’ve seen it in person at the LA boutique. I really love the look of this bag, but I feel it has a design flaw that prevented me from purchasing. The handles are attached to the inside of the bag near the magnets that give the bag the closed/folded dumpling shape. (There’s also a magnet in the center of the bag) When you put anything in the bag and pick it up to wear it, the magnets pop open at the sides and to me, it looks sloppy. The SA at the store told me it’s supposed to do that as it’s a more boho style. I was so disappointed because I was really hoping to purchase the smaller size but I don’t think it’s too much to ask that the bag stay closed when in use.

I just saw the blue grey mini protea in real life today. I agree with the comment above regarding the magnets, they could be problematic. Other than that, the bag was beautiful and lightweight with a little bit of structure, but not as much as the bucket. It’s really pretty IMO.

Forgot to insert quotes. Was waiting so long for this bag and am so upset to hear that it’s an issue...

does anyone own this bag or has anyone seen it irl? It looks amazing but I want to know if anyone has any experience with it. Thanks!
I purchased it. I adore this bag however mine was defective. The snaps would not stay closed. I only put a cell phone and wallet inside. I adore this bag as I await a exchange.