Professionals & their LV's

Thanks everyone!
I'm an auditor (but I *promise* I'm nice!!!* :love:)...but I know, it sounds like something a horribly mean person would do...

The normal Damier is a good suggestion...however, it doesn't really do it for me - I don't feel that pitter patter in my heart when I see a regular damier speedy...

The plan is to go 1/2 1/2 w/ my mom on my purchase (I'm in my early 20's), and she had me set a limit at about $600...but it's true that the black epi may be for the best in the long run....

My personal preference is to not carry my mono bags to client meetings just because I don't want that to be the first things they notice about me. I really don't carry them to any "first" professional meetings. Only after I have a relationship with them.

Its really strange around my area that when people her see you carrying an LV at work or a work related activity, they just assume you are rich/make a lot of money. :wacko: I had someone once tell me "you make too much money" when they noticed my mono Speedy. I usually carry my Epi Passy to first time business events.

I'm also a professional and meet with clients every day. Right now I'm using my Azur Saleya PM, and I get compliments on it all the time, and most people don't even realize it's an LV! I also have the Saleya PM and MM in regular Damier and use them when the weather is bad and in the winter. My next bag for work will be something EPI in black, but I haven't decided which one!

westie - I've heard suggestions for the azur saleya as well...but again it's a tad out of my price range right now...

kitsune - would you mind posting a pic of your epi speedy in action? I've seen it on eluxury, but from the pic i'm not too sure if i'd prefer the epi in a different style...

however, i've heard it's easy to scratch/mark-up the leather (i'd be going with black) - can anyone tell me if there's any truth to that?

does anyone know the name of the epi style that sort of looks like an upside down triangle? :confused1: haha - way to show how not savvy i am with recalling some of the names...i couldn't find it on eluxury.

when I want to go subtle I reach for my damier ebene speedy, the one w/ the brown chocolate trim. another understated choice would be an epi in brown/fawn/black. I'd stay far away from mono, azur, vernis or colorful epi for professional use. Have fun buying your first LV! woooo hoooo!

does anyone know the name of the epi style that sort of looks like an upside down triangle? :confused1: haha - way to show how not savvy i am with recalling some of the names...i couldn't find it on eluxury.

The Sac Triangle? :shrugs:

sactriyellow-side.jpg

Everyone, feel free to give your opinion - I only geared the thread towards professionals b/c they may also understand how clients could find it's perhaps unprofessional to be toting an such an obvious high-end bag, such as the mono...

I don't think Mono is unprofessional, but I do prefer an understated piece from LV since the Mono is most recognizable.

I still love it though!

My questions are:
1. Would you bring your LV's to the client's and what would their reactions be?
2. If you would bring them, which is more appropriate to bring - mono or azur?

1. I do carry LV's to work/meetings and most of the time they could care less (unless it's another purse lover).

2. I would probably carry the Azur just because I think it's more understated.