professional/work chanel bag?

shopmom411 said:
Cristina....that is a GORGEOUS bag! It looks like you could wear it on your shoulder too...beautiful!

Bluekit..... dimensions are: 14"long x 8"tall x 5"deep with a 6"drop on the handles. Total height including handles is 14". It's a GREAT size but again there is no shoulderstrap. The other version which is taller than mine with the double cc gold lock has the detacheable shoulder straps but not this one. I think you could wear it on your shoulder but not if you've got a coat on because it sits close to your underarm. I've carried it that way without a problem but I usualy just use it as a handbag. I THINK I remember paying about $1625.00 last year at the Las Vegas Chanel Boutique....you might want to call around to see if they can locate one for you. They had it in Black and Taupe.....:love: :love: :love:

shopmom, I think I definitely like yours more than the double CC lock, I'm more of a silver kinda girl. :yes: I think by your description it will probably fit over my shoulder. I can often shoulder the handheld bags (which makes it a lot more practical for me) :smile: I can't help but kept looking at your cerf tote (gotta save, gotta save!)

Shopmom, btw, does it hold legal size folders without bending the corners?

Sorry to get back to you so late, Bluekit....it should hold legal size folders pretty well - it's 14" long so I think so. Unless you have one of those hard-sided briefcases you'll probably always get a little bending with a softer tote though. You might want to see if your SA can find a Cerf for you because it was from last year - I'm so glad you like it! It's such a sophisticated and chic bag....very professional looking.

Is the cerf with the Mademoiselle lock seasonal? I thought it is part of the permanent collection whcih can be bought at any time. I would love to get one next year when i start work!

shopmom411 said:
Sorry to get back to you so late, Bluekit....it should hold legal size folders pretty well - it's 14" long so I think so. Unless you have one of those hard-sided briefcases you'll probably always get a little bending with a softer tote though. You might want to see if your SA can find a Cerf for you because it was from last year - I'm so glad you like it! It's such a sophisticated and chic bag....very professional looking.

No problem shopmom. I think it will be a very functional bag for me if it fits those legal size folders!! I've been looking for a bag that can hold documents forever. Thank you for posting the pics!!! :love: :love: Now I gotta save!! (those darn bills get in the way!)

Hi Muppy.....I think you're right 'cause I just saw two Cerf's on the shelves at the Chanel Boutique here in San Francisco. I think you don't have to worry about finding one when you're ready....it's my favorite tote! Actually, it's my ONLY tote since I love it so much....

bluekit said:
No problem shopmom. I think it will be a very functional bag for me if it fits those legal size folders!! I've been looking for a bag that can hold documents forever. Thank you for posting the pics!!! :love: :love: Now I gotta save!! (those darn bills get in the way!)

I have this bag (mine has the gold cc clasp) and I must tell you it does not hold legal size documents all that well. I work at a law firm and while the legal size note pads and folders will technically fit it is a tight squeeze. When I go to court or need to carry papers and documents with me I use my briefcase in addition to my tote. It is a great bag though.

shopmom411 said:
Hi Muppy.....I think you're right 'cause I just saw two Cerf's on the shelves at the Chanel Boutique here in San Francisco. I think you don't have to worry about finding one when you're ready....it's my favorite tote! Actually, it's my ONLY tote since I love it so much....

I have only ONE tote myself too and it doesn't hold any documents at all (it's a coach soho business tote). It serves as a bigger purse that I can put a few other things like water, makeup bag, candy, gum, and maybe my agenda on a day I need to be out of the office.

dianagrace said:
I have this bag (mine has the gold cc clasp) and I must tell you it does not hold legal size documents all that well. I work at a law firm and while the legal size note pads and folders will technically fit it is a tight squeeze. When I go to court or need to carry papers and documents with me I use my briefcase in addition to my tote. It is a great bag though.

I think I should go on a day after work so I can try it out. I don't want a "bigger" bag unless it fits at least some documents and my agenda. Thanks for the post :flowers: