Proenza Schouler PS1 vs. Mulberry Alexa

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. What a dilemma! :graucho:

Proenza Schouler PS1 medium £1180.jpg leighton_meester_proenza_schouler_ps1.jpg ofpo52[1].jpg
  2. PS1 all the way...

3. LOL. I do love the PS1, but not the price. Mulberry at the very least, always have some somewhat reasonable prices.

4. I like the Mulberry :tup:

5. PS1 for sure

6. #6 Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    Could you guys elaborate on why you like which bag? I really can't decide. I think the leather is probably better on the PS1 and I love it's shape and design. But it is most likely going to be more expensive than the Alexa (price unknown). But on the other hand, I love how the Alexa is like a more relaxed and casual version of the Bayswater. The Bay can be a bit formal because of its very structured shape, so the Alexa seems like a perfect choice for a more relaxed look.

7. oh my hard one... i love both but personally i would take the mulberry, i like the front more

8. I prefer the design of the Mulberry.

9. I prefer the design of the PS1 and it has so many compartments to keep me organized. I can keep my wallet in the front compartment, checkbook in the zipper pocket behind the wallet and the rest of my stuff in the main compartment. I just think overall it is a much cooler, chicer look. Oh, and the leather is gorgeous and soft and slouchy. I have no regrets with spending big money on my PS1. And the PS1 can also be worn cross-body if you want to...

As for price, the medium PS1 is $1,595 and I can't imagine the Mulberry being too much less than that. The Bayswater is $1,000 and this looks bigger, so the difference would maybe be a couple of hundred dollars.

10. ^I definitely agree with you that the PS1 looks more chic and cool. However, (LOL :biggrin:) I also love the vintage-y look the Alexa has (in the Oak colour anyway). Decisions, decisions. I believe the Alexa can be worn crossbody too. I saw Alexa Chung wearing it crossbody, unfortunately the picture was pretty small, so I couldn't be bothered to post it.

11. I vote the Mulberry! I love the oak color and you know the leather will last! The design appeals to me more: slouchy chic.

12. I have a PS1 and looooove it :P

13. Ps1 :smile:

14. Personally I like PS1. but I don't think it's a bag for everyone's style. Mulberry has more feminine looks. And I like their leather.

15. The Alexa, for sure! I'm having serious baglust for that one, and I adore Mulberry full stop. I love Bays but yes, it can seem a bit formal - this is the perfect relaxed version.