Proenza Schouler PS1 bag

Do you see the medium size as a work bag? I got the tiny thinking it would be sufficient (also have a Chanel business affinity and lv Pochette Métis of similar sizes). Was thinking of the medium in exactly that sky blue (or light blue or cobalt - I just love blue) but just haven’t tried it so I’m not sure of the size.

It's been a few years since I've had a medium but it would fit a full size wallet, phone, make up bag, small umbrella and a small-ish water bottle and still have room plus the extra pockets, if I recall correctly. It would not fit my lap top but it is a larger size lap top. So, it depends on what you carry with you for work on a daily basis. Do you have a separate lap top bag? If so, yes, I think I could happily carry the medium with everything I'd need for work. Check out the You Tube videos on what fits inside a PS1 in the various sizes, those are usually super helpful!

It's been a few years since I've had a medium but it would fit a full size wallet, phone, make up bag, small umbrella and a small-ish water bottle and still have room plus the extra pockets, if I recall correctly. It would not fit my lap top but it is a larger size lap top. So, it depends on what you carry with you for work on a daily basis. Do you have a separate lap top bag? If so, yes, I think I could happily carry the medium with everything I'd need for work. Check out the You Tube videos on what fits inside a PS1 in the various sizes, those are usually super helpful!
Yes I have and it helps! I’m just curious how the medium hands on the body and if it’s too awkwardly large. I know I have a tote which is bigger (but for satchels it’s a diff story). Thanks for the suggestion!

Reactions: youngster
Yes I have and it helps! I’m just curious how the medium hands on the body and if it’s too awkwardly large. I know I have a tote which is bigger (but for satchels it’s a diff story). Thanks for the suggestion!
I think it all depends on your own height and build. I'm 5' 6" and about a U.S. size 6 or so, so I don't think it looks overly large on me. I'll have to wait until it arrives to be sure but that is my memory of the medium. On someone shorter and more petite than I, it would look larger.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
So, my Sky Blue PS1 medium showed up. The color is quite beautiful but nothing like the photos on their site. It really was kind of shocking, it is such a bright, almost neon sky blue. Still, it's a beautiful color. The bag itself is lamb but it does not feel like any of my earlier PS lamb bags. It is much more structured and not at all soft. It almost feels more like goatskin than lamb. It will definitely hold its shape, if that is what PS is going for, but I think the medium looks better in a softer leather with some slouch to it, as it is bigger at 12.5" wide. So, after thinking about it for a few days, I resigned myself to likely having to sell it at a loss, being that it was final sale. The color, while beautiful, was not what I'd planned on and the feel of the leather was also not what I'd expected.

Before listing though, I decided to contact CS to see if they'd let me exchange it for another on sale color, the pale blue. I sent them photos to show the color that I received versus the pics on their website too. I honestly didn't have much hope they'd exchange it, as I've read some of the very unhappy customer service experiences of others, but I figured that I'd try. Surprisingly, CS got back to me within a few hours. They said they could not exchange it but would make a one time exception to their final sale policy and take the bag back! They even sent me a return shipping label! I was really surprised and very impressed. Maybe they did this for me since I have an account with them and a pretty decent purchase history? Maybe I just got someone in CS on a good day? No clue, but I truly appreciated it. So, the bag is in transit back to them. I'd still like to add a medium back into my collection but I've learned my lesson and won't buy another unless it's returnable or I've seen the color in person.

So, my Sky Blue PS1 medium showed up. The color is quite beautiful but nothing like the photos on their site. It really was kind of shocking, it is such a bright, almost neon sky blue. Still, it's a beautiful color. The bag itself is lamb but it does not feel like any of my earlier PS lamb bags. It is much more structured and not at all soft. It almost feels more like goatskin than lamb. It will definitely hold its shape, if that is what PS is going for, but I think the medium looks better in a softer leather with some slouch to it, as it is bigger at 12.5" wide. So, after thinking about it for a few days, I resigned myself to likely having to sell it at a loss, being that it was final sale. The color, while beautiful, was not what I'd planned on and the feel of the leather was also not what I'd expected.

Before listing though, I decided to contact CS to see if they'd let me exchange it for another on sale color, the pale blue. I sent them photos to show the color that I received versus the pics on their website too. I honestly didn't have much hope they'd exchange it, as I've read some of the very unhappy customer service experiences of others, but I figured that I'd try. Surprisingly, CS got back to me within a few hours. They said they could not exchange it but would make a one time exception to their final sale policy and take the bag back! They even sent me a return shipping label! I was really surprised and very impressed. Maybe they did this for me since I have an account with them and a pretty decent purchase history? Maybe I just got someone in CS on a good day? No clue, but I truly appreciated it. So, the bag is in transit back to them. I'd still like to add a medium back into my collection but I've learned my lesson and won't buy another unless it's returnable or I've seen the color in person.
It's nice that the CS people were so understanding and approved a return. I think colors are the trickiest part when it comes to shopping online, especially when considering how some shades can look very different in daylight vs. studio light. So IMO, it's quite a valid reason for a return when it's such an expensive item.

Newer PS1 bags are indeed made of thicker leather, so they're quite more structured than they used to be. Some like, others - not so much. There's always plenty of slightly used ones on eBay and other platforms with a good discount, just FYI :smile:

Do you have pics? I got the pale blue and love mine! I’m glad they made an exception for you though.

I'd love to see a photo of your pale blue, as I waffled between that color and the sky blue that I ordered:
Here is the sky blue from PS on their site and below is my pic of the sky blue that I received:

View attachment 5589142

View attachment 5589143
I feel like the one on the website is a very 'winter' shade of light blue, whereas in real life, this color definitely feels more 'summer' and/or 'spring'. They really don't look alike.

I feel like the one on the website is a very 'winter' shade of light blue, whereas in real life, this color definitely feels more 'summer' and/or 'spring'. They really don't look alike.

I agree, they really don't look alike which is why I think CS allowed me to return it. Still, it's a gorgeous color for the right person. If I had ordered it in the tiny (when that was available earlier in the sale), I probably would have kept it.