Processor: "Lindsay You've Been Served" !!

This is such an interesting thread! I thought I was just coming in here to make fun of Lindsay but I end up learning legal info! Hehe. :biggrin: You never know what you'll learn on tPF!

it's legal to pose as someone else to serve papers. On the ebay boards, a member is pursuing to catch the criminal that sold her a fake LV, so the investigator who is going to serve the criminal with papers, is going to pose as a UPS man.

I've been served before. They had to track me down because I was living with a boyfriend at the time, but my address was still my parents, and they had no idea where the house was I was living in. They followed my car to the mall when I was spotted, and they served me in the parking lot.

when you get served you have to appear in court for a case that you are believed to be involved in, or can testify. The case I was subpoenad in was an armed robbery case that I some how got involved because a friends boyfriend was involved. The only thing I knew is what she told me, so I was concidered a witness.