Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

The first time I heard about this book was a Mother's Day luncheon at my then 2 year old's preschool. They read it aloud and there was not a dry eye in the house. I loved it so much that I bought a copy for myself and have given it as a present to every new mom I know!

Maybe this book was after my kids time.
I’ve never heard of this book before. I’ll need to read it now.

I can believe it wasn't plagiarized. The Boy on the Bench has an actual plot, a little boy who is sitting on a bench with his dad because he's afraid to go play with the other kids.

Meghan's book has no plot, it's just a bunch of bad, sugary rhymes that don't advance any discernible story. It's word salad for babies!

Here's another page from the Amazon listing:

This is your bench
Where you’ll witness great joy.
From here you will rest
See the growth of our boy.

sounds like the type of thing I came up with in junior school, when we ‘did poems’ in class. Hardly Keats is it? Maybe she had created a new thing, Woke poetry. Is there another poem that includes ‘service is universal’ ?

sounds like the type of thing I came up with in junior school, when we ‘did poems’ in class. Hardly Keats is it? Maybe she had created a new thing, Woke poetry. Is there another poem that includes ‘service is universal’ ?

Like everything else Meghan writes, it is a whole lot of nothing dressed up like it is something.

OMGosh you are SPOT ON csshopper!! Wish the world could read this. :yahoo:

I'm certain your thought of a carefully staged photo shoot on a bench will be coming out soon. Was there a bench in the baby girl announcement by the tree?? There could be now! :lol::lol::biggrin:
Hermes Zen
Thank you for your comment. :hugs:

LOL. looking at the pictures you reposted I noticed something and laughed out loud, we get bombarded with examples of her hypocrisy on all levels. Earlier I had read an article from a photographer about her diva attitude and one of the first demands is "no pictures" of her feet. Yet in these photos, or at least one clearly, she is barefoot. How "woke" ! A tiny thing, but so typical.

OMG I highly recommend it! (I wish I got commission off it, LOL! I literally give it to everyone with kids.)

From the Wikipedia article - spoiler alert, there is a summary
The book is prominently featured in the Friends episode "The One with the Cake". In the episode, Joey performs a dramatic reading of the book at Emma's first birthday, moving everyone to tears. Inspired by this, Joey later decides to recite the book as a dramatic monologue at an audition.

While looking at Amazon this page came up. I have to laugh that there are people making money off of Meghan by selling unflattering, downright ugly t-shirts with this image.

View attachment 5075655View attachment 5075656

:eek::eek:HAVE 7 HOURS TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO UNSEE THIS OR I AM GOING TO HAVE NIGHTMARES. EEEEEEEKKKKKK:panic:

Last edited:
This is why warnings and spoilers were invented. Seriously, frightening stuff !
:alien: :alien: :upsidedown:

While looking at Amazon this page came up. I have to laugh that there are people making money off of Meghan by selling unflattering, downright ugly t-shirts with this image.

I do too, but I really believe many of them had IVF. Twins are not that common in real life as they are in Hollywood and the entertainment industry. I'm sure a few are natural, but others who are honest about their surrogacy, like Kristen Wiig, have my respect.
Oh, I agree. All those sets of twins, but why do so many actresses need IVF?

View attachment 5075655View attachment 5075656

Serves her right. I wonder if she'll sue for using her likeness or claim it looks nothing like her LOL.

From the Wikipedia article - spoiler alert, there is a summary
The book is prominently featured in the Friends episode "The One with the Cake". In the episode, Joey performs a dramatic reading of the book at Emma's first birthday, moving everyone to tears. Inspired by this, Joey later decides to recite the book as a dramatic monologue at an audition.
I thought I'd seen every episode of Friends! I missed this one!

Breaking news, she's publishing a book in June called "The Bench" about the relationship between a father and son. It's based on a poem she wrote for Harry's first Fathers day shortly after Archie was born.
I think it's a children's book
*rolling my eyes very much here
2287.gif

Good Day All,

Long time Lurker

First time posting

There is an almost identical book out there called The Boy on the Bench by Corrinne Averiss. Check it out, I just looked it up and even the colors of the book are the same. So did she base her book on this book, very similar...
View attachment 5074878
tumblr_ooz57vaSE51s5zx89o1_250.gif

Where is that vomit emoji...?
4EHGsZq.gif

Must have been a friend or her press who said that :hrmm::sick::sick:

Meghan loves writing and she’s very good at it,” said a source close to the Duchess. “She wanted to have a go at writing a children’s book first and depending on the success of this, there will be more. She is also keen to write books for adults too.”
https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/05/meghan-markle-childrens-book
447999.gif

I am very honoured one of my jokes got a reacting gif. You have great taste in gifs. Thank you!
Thank you @jelliedfeels
00890.gif