Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Who is the target audience for The Bench?

1) The stans who buy anything connected to Meghan because she is their QUEEN!! YAAAAAAS!
2) Young incredibly hormonal mothers who burst into tears over sad commercials, sad songs, sad TV shows. Only in that specifically overemotional state could any woman enjoy reading horrible verse about dads and kids.

Who is not going to enjoy reading it?

1) Children
2) Fathers whose turn it is to read a bedtime story.

Well 40 pages of pure wisdom... some of it perhaps acquired on the bench???

:shocked::amazed::shocked:

Not even her freaking bikini bottoms fit.

P.S. It is kind of weird to me that someone as ligitatious as Princess Pinocchio (thank you Piers, I LOVE it haha) never goes after these rumours, because they would p*ss me off way more than "I made Kate cry".

But also...I don't think you can rent the Kardashians, and have you seen their Instas? I like them (minus doormat Khloe with her ill-mannered little brat) but those pictures often look like advertisements for adult entertainment these days.

ETA: never mind, I missed the did it say Z list. I guess at the K's salary class nobody would read it as an offer haha.

Last edited:
Good thing their firstborn wasn't a girl, hu?

Hold your horses now. That will be the sequel, due next year. :lol:

It will be bad poetry about mothers and daughters and about how weepy Meghan gets looking at baby Diana every night when the nanny brings her in for her bedtime kiss.

That kind of extreme emotion writes itself:

Oh how I love my little girl
On her head grows an auburn swirl
She is worth any price
I'll take a roll of the dice
With my settlement from her father, I can afford any pearl!

Must have been a friend or her press who said that :hrmm::sick::sick:

“Meghan loves writing and she’s very good at it,” said a source close to the Duchess. “She wanted to have a go at writing a children’s book first and depending on the success of this, there will be more. She is also keen to write books for adults too.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2021/05/meghan-markle-childrens-book

I am also surprised at the sheer quantity of celebrities who "happen to have" twins. The percentage is ridiculous compared to the general public. You know there's a lot of IVF going on. Just like Geena Davis claiming she got pregnant at what? Like 55? That's a donor egg. I understand their need for privacy and that it's really none of our business, but then they go around parading things like they're so much better than the rest of us.
That’s true, so many celebrities having twins, but I think most of them were actually carrying the babies.

Some of them got so huge. I remember seeing Angelina Jolie and thinking she looked stunning with the pregnancy glow and added weight.

Last edited:
...pressured to donate thousands and post receipts, knowing it very well may have helped fund a couple mansions for one of the leaders.
That BLM woman you were referring to has acquired quite the real estate portfolio.

But isn’t that how it always is with these charities and foundations and the Markles nonprofit? You have to wonder where the money goes.

My "read" on the book.

Harry's wife is biracial, but made choices to (1) live with her white father when he had money that gave her a private school education, and a lifestyle and industry connections she aspired to, (2) to only date and marry white men (this may not be 100% accurate but an internet search did not get me to any pictures that support diversity, I will happily stand corrected if needed) and especially to aggressively pursue a husband who is the ultimate representation of white privilege, a pale faced ginger, a Prince of the Realm. Except for what appear to be strategically staged appearances with her mother, a WOC, Harry's wife does not celebrate, let alone acknowledge, her black family. The latter is really difficult to understand since the few articles that were published about them around the time of the wedding were very positive and the family members quoted were amazingly gracious in reference to her, in spite of her dismissiveness. No one has dared challenge her publicly on this, so we have no idea "why" they were Markled.

Her "lens" (one of her oft quoted words: "Christian and I worked closely to depict this special bond through an inclusive lens,” the duchess says.) of seeing herself as a racism victim is well documented. I believe she uses being a WOC for attention when convenient. But this does not necessarily translate into $$$$, which she craves along with the attention.

Which brings us to the present time: The PR team she employs has been working overtime. Harry's wife wrote some maudlin pap, but they employed Christian Robinson so her poetry is illustrated by a multiple award winning, delightful, successful young black man, who by association with the project gives the writing more gravitas than it merits. And in their final coup movement, product placement is in the "Children's Black and African American Stories" section of Books. "Ka-Ching"

Be prepared for a carefully staged photo shoot on a bench of the adoring mother, strategically placed for emphasis, father in less focus, and Archie with book cover prominently displayed supposedly enjoying the story. Of course, since The Bench features the boy in the family, there is sure to be a sequel in a few years, maybe with a swing, for the girl in the family. The sequel could be a challenge, what rhymes with "girl"?

Who is the target audience for The Bench?

1) The stans who buy anything connected to Meghan because she is their QUEEN!! YAAAAAAS!
2) Young incredibly hormonal mothers who burst into tears over sad commercials, sad songs, sad TV shows. Only in that specifically overemotional state could any woman enjoy reading horrible verse about dads and kids.

Who is not going to enjoy reading it?

1) Children
2) Fathers whose turn it is to read a bedtime story.
In Meg's world, I am a "young mother" :lol:, and although I am an utter sap and cry even at Kleenex commercials, I still would NOT enjoy this crap. I'll stick to Love You Forever by Robert Munsch, thank you very much!

Hold your horses now. That will be the sequel, due next year. :lol:

It will be bad poetry about mothers and daughters and about how weepy Meghan gets looking at baby Diana every night when the nanny brings her in for her bedtime kiss.

That kind of extreme emotion writes itself:

Oh how I love my little girl
On her head grows an auburn swirl
She is worth any price
I'll take a roll of the dice
With my settlement from her father, I can afford any pearl!

What will she call her next masterpiece? The Grass? (As in the cool, crisp spring grass where Harry showed us his "sexy" feet :sick: when they announced the second coming?)

The Giving Tree? (Oh, has that been taken? Hasn't prevented Meg from stealing before!)