Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

No :no: The videographer confused Harry's lovely wife with someone else. A D-list diva??? No way @CeeJay, Z-list diva...
1620234944008.png
"She was very high maintenance and rude.

"She was difficult and demanding."

He explained how Meghan would bring a large entourage with her and laid down some strict rules, including not photographing her feet.

He told the MailOnline: "People told me, 'Get ready because she is a lot'.

"They used to call her 'the princess'.

"When I saw her, right away from the moment she arrived, I didn't even know who she was and she was acting like a diva.

"It was the attitude, how she talked to people, the rules.

"She came in wearing a (baseball) cap, hiding her face and she had her head down and just walked back towards the make-up room.

"It was like it was the big diva coming in, and she doesn't want people to see her, like you would do if you're walking in the street and you don't want the paparazzi to take your picture."

He went on to say how he was not "impressed" by Meghan's attitude and how everyone thought she was no more than a "D-lister".

He added: "But it was kind of like a caricature of someone playing the superstar, you know, because a real superstar, generally unless it's a super bad day, they will play it naturally and be generous with their presence."

Wanna just say, apparently for some people, compassion is not inborn but needs to be activated, like a switch. These people seem to switch it on for some, to achieve their own purposes, and then off for others, like their own Fathers and families. :doh:

Self-proclaimed very occasional Royal Commentator.
Yep. You nailed it. It’s called being fake.

I am not surprised by this at all. MM does not have one original thought in her head.

Meghan Markle accused of plagiarizing book, but defended by author

By Lee Brown

Meghan Markle’s new kids’ book is already getting panned before publication — with online critics accusing it of looking like a rip-off of another work already available in stores.

“Before you run out and waste money on the book by Harry’s wife, read ‘The Boy on the Bench’ by Corrinne Averiss and Gabriel Alborozo … The original,” one Twitter user wrote of the apparent likeness.

Dozens of others soon complained on Twitter that the Duchess of Sussex’s book, “The Bench,” didn’t only share a similar title to UK author Averiss’ 2018 book — but also similar artwork from Christian Robinson.

Many others insisted the storyline — which Markle said “started as a poem I wrote for my husband on Father’s Day, the month after Archie was born” — also sounded too similar to be true.

One online critic, Emma Kaye Wootton, even suggested that the book was “Blatantly plagiarized” and that Markle’s work should be “boycotted.”

However, the attacks were soon dismissed by the very author the duchess was accused of copying.

“Reading the description and published excerpt of the Duchess’s new book, this is not the same story or the same theme as ‘The Boy on the Bench.’ I don’t see any similarities,” Averiss insisted on Twitter.

IMO since the book is designed for ages 3-7 (?), most young children won’t read that much into the picture. I do wonder if there is enough text for the 5-7 year olds. Don’t they need more substance? more story?

ETA: What a coincidence that the book launches one day after the concert that they pushed their way into! Odd how that all works out, no?
Oh really, is the book that advanced? I thought it was for babies, but that explains why it's not a cloth & vinyl book. Pardon my ignorance!

I can believe it wasn't plagiarized. The Boy on the Bench has an actual plot, a little boy who is sitting on a bench with his dad because he's afraid to go play with the other kids.

Meghan's book has no plot, it's just a bunch of bad, sugary rhymes that don't advance any discernible story. It's word salad for babies!

Here's another page from the Amazon listing:

This is your bench
Where you’ll witness great joy.
From here you will rest
See the growth of our boy.

I can believe it wasn't plagiarized. The Boy on the Bench has an actual plot, a little boy who is sitting on a bench with his dad because he's afraid to go play with the other kids.

Meghan's book has no plot, it's just a bunch of bad, sugary rhymes that don't advance any discernible story. It's word salad for babies!

Here's another page from the Amazon listing:

This is your bench
Where you’ll witness great joy.
From here you will rest
See the growth of our boy.
40 pages, huh?

ETA Harry must be a blithering idiot.