Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Keep in mind that sometimes the media will do 100% story fabrication and I think that’s the case here. “Sources” or not, there is no close bond between those two couples. Meghan and Eugenie have likely only met a couple of times. And one of those times was attention hog Meghan upstaging Eugenie’s wedding by dramatically cradling her all of two-week pregnant belly.

How could removal vans in the middle of the night go undetected by security? Nobody patrols Windsor Castle at night? Really? It was a complete secret? You mean like "paying respects" at a cemetery with a camera crew? H&M blab like caged macaws when they should just shut up. How could removal vans have been a quiet affair? The story line has more holes than leaky roof.

I was watching binge watching a series and something a detective said jumped out at me. He said the worst trait of a narcissistic person is a narcissist who is also amoral. I had to look up that word. We normally hear immoral but a narcissist who’s amoral fits MM to make T. Scary and it makes sense how she can do the things she does. My opinion only.

I saw a mention on a site that FC was now 5 bedrooms so it appears that they did take down some walls. I think the original bedrooms were as small as a nun's cell.

On Wikki it says 4 beds and nursery (usually 2 or 3 rooms). That sounds like walls were taken down between each pair and probably there are now more bathrooms upstairs.

Whatever the bedroom size and how ever many, it's still vast compared with what most people live in. For 2 people and a baby it seems spacious. But, I can almost see M recoiling at the thought that she did all that social climbing and scheming to live in a 4-5 bed house a couple of hours from London. That's not the fairytale princess ending she was going to settle for.

I would love it just for the views and surrounding gardens.

True, she is divorcee. Perhaps ‘permission’ carries the incorrect connotation. Really, it is asking for a blessing from his future in-laws. Why should this marriage be different from others? I agree with Thomas on this issue.

Did Charles ask the Earl Spencer?

I flipped book on MM/Megxit which said H did call Tom to ask for permission to marry - sorry dont remember which book

Recently subscribed to SCRIBD - a book service that seems to have a lot of trashy bios of celebrities , rock stars eg MM. I cant abide buying those since I wont keep them or go back to them - and I usually tire after a few chapters of the gossip. There is a lot of non garbage stuff too - I adore JUST KIDS the bio of Mapplethorpe by Patti Smith - the kind of book that is never on AMAZON PRIME books

SCRIBD has the Lady Colin book on the Queen Mother ... evidently the QM had hoped to marry Edward VIII / Duke of Windsor not his younger brother, so, the QM feathers were ruffled when Wallis succeeded in marrying the man of her dreams, had not heard that , interesting account on the (lack of) education of QEII (never went to school, totally home schooled) as edicted by the QM

True, she is divorcee. Perhaps ‘permission’ carries the incorrect connotation. Really, it is asking for a blessing from his future in-laws. Why should this marriage be different from others? I agree with Thomas on this issue.

Did Charles ask the Earl Spencer?

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-ideas/asking-for-hand-in-marriage

I really feel strongly against this antiquated custom that comes directly from the idea that woman are chattel with no lawful ability to make their own decisions. I would not have been impressed if my husband had done this.

It would have been nice if he had met them. But she gets to decide who she marries all on her lonesome.

If you remember, they wanted to live at Windsor Castle. The Queen said NO.

So they obviously don't mind about age, it's just not GRAND enough. :queen:

In addition to Windsor Castle, they tried also to live in one of the larger apartments at Kensington Palace (but unable to evict the current residents)... The Frogmore Cottage was likely never enough for them. Only the best for MM!

"The pair had been said to have their eye on one of the larger apartments, but its current resident, The Queen’s cousin, The Duke of Gloucester, 74, and his wife Birgitte, 72, are reportedly unwilling to give it up."

I just read that they themselves claimed on their website they chose Frogmore in huge part because the renovation was cheaper than that of the Kensingto Palace apartment meant for them (not the Gloucesters' one, another one that would have been only inhabitable around now due to extensive renovations...that said, didn't I also read the apartment for them had been renovated and they had refused it? Can't remember anymore), so they chose that to save the tax payer a buck. LMAO they really think anyone believes they care whose money they spend? In hindsight I wonder if Frogmore was kind of a sending them into exile because they were nothing but trouble with their grand wishes of their own court, a Windsor Castle apartment etc. If you compare it with Anmer Hall it is modest ("modest"), that must have driven Meghan up the wall.

In addition to Windsor Castle, they tried also to live in one of the larger apartments at Kensington Palace (but unable to evict the current residents)... The Frogmore Cottage was likely never enough for them. Only the best for MM!

"The pair had been said to have their eye on one of the larger apartments, but its current resident, The Queen’s cousin, The Duke of Gloucester, 74, and his wife Birgitte, 72, are reportedly unwilling to give it up."

Perhaps they, like so many, thought the marriage would not last. :huh:

For all of our UK posters, it's being reported here and there that Harry/MM struck a deal separately with Jack/Eugenie over the use of Frogmore Cottage. That seems odd (as in impossible). Isn't the cottage a grace-and-favour arrangement? Wouldn't they need the permission of the Queen to do anything with it? That story about striking a deal with Eugenie and Jack and how close the two couples are seems like another ridiculous bit of fluff by their PR people. The two couples have probably spent all of a few hours together in total and I can't see Eugenie just calling up Harry and saying, hello there, can we move into your cottage since you aren't using it anymore? I think this was all the Queen's idea to put the place to use, and give Eugenie and Jack a larger place with the baby on the way, close to the Queen and close to Sarah/Andrew.