Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I don’t think their PR people are feeding stories to Daily Mail. They are the enemy with Meghan’s lawsuit after all. I can see DM tweaking them by coming up with this tale however. It’s not true but it’s not bad enough for Meghan and Harry to sue again.

Let’s stop pretending about “sources close to H&M”. This is just the PR person spinning the situation so it looks like the Sussex have control. They have no control over the property. They don’t appear to have control over anything. FC doesn’t belong to them. It’s a grace and favor and the Brooksbanks will pay a nominal rent to the Crown Estate. The entire article is the DM shading the Harkles.

I thought the rules changed re these grace and favor residences and that they are charged market value rent.

I flipped book on MM/Megxit which said H did call Tom to ask for permission to marry - sorry dont remember which book

SCRIBD has the Lady Colin book on the Queen Mother ... evidently the QM had hoped to marry Edward VIII / Duke of Windsor not his younger brother, so, the QM feathers were ruffled when Wallis succeeded in marrying the man of her dreams, had not heard that , interesting account on the (lack of) education of QEII (never went to school, totally home schooled) as edicted by the QM

I think QE2 always felt undereducated because of this. She was schooled in the rules and duties that would apply to her when she became Queen and academic subjects were not the focus. I also read that the QM often spent a lot of time with just William (not Harry) to expose him to what will be expected of him as King. Supposedly made Harry feel bad.

I just read that they themselves claimed on their website they chose Frogmore in huge part because the renovation was cheaper than that of the Kensingto Palace apartment meant for them (not the Gloucesters' one, another one that would have been only inhabitable around now due to extensive renovations...that said, didn't I also read the apartment for them had been renovated and they had refused it? Can't remember anymore), so they chose that to save the tax payer a buck. LMAO they really think anyone believes they care whose money they spend? In hindsight I wonder if Frogmore was kind of a sending them into exile because they were nothing but trouble with their grand wishes of their own court, a Windsor Castle apartment etc. If you compare it with Anmer Hall it is modest ("modest"), that must have driven Meghan up the wall.

More spin from the Masters of Bull Dinky. The Gloucesters were planning on moving for a while. They were retiring from royal duties and they wanted to downsize. They spent a ton of money renovating their home in the country and that's where they went. They even had an auction of historical memorabilia that their kids didn't want and made quite a few bucks. Their KP apartment will be going to William and Kate I think as offices or more living space. At no time were the Harkles given the choice of this apartment. The Queen GIVES, remember? Just like the tiaragate story. "Meghan will wear what I choose to give her to wear." (paraphrased) TQ chooses where they would live. Period. They could ask for the moon and stars, and an apartment at Windsor, but it wouldn't matter. Not getting it.

I think one of the major problems of Frog Cot is that it is really unattractive on the outside. It looks like a prison or a post office building. If it had been prettier, Meghan might have liked it better. I don't know how much you are allowed to do with a Grade 2 listed building. Some nice landscaping would make a huge difference with accents that would not damage the building itself. It will be interesting to see what Eugenie does with it if anything. (hint hint Eugenie, ask Edo, that's what brother in laws with good taste are used for)

I was thinking that if the Queen was feeling generous, she could give Harry Ivy Cottage that Eugenie is vacating or give him Nottingham Cottage where he used to live. I could see her doing this if he has to have a legal address in the UK. Nott Cott is really small at 1324 square ft and two bedrooms. It really is a place to just lay your head for a couple of days if you are in town. Oh NO! It only has one bathroom! The horror! After having 16 to choose from. :biggrin: :biggrin:

More spin from the Masters of Bull Dinky. The Gloucesters were planning on moving for a while. They were retiring from royal duties and they wanted to downsize. They spent a ton of money renovating their home in the country and that's where they went. They even had an auction of historical memorabilia that their kids didn't want and made quite a few bucks. Their KP apartment will be going to William and Kate I think as offices or more living space. At no time were the Harkles given the choice of this apartment. The Queen GIVES, remember? Just like the tiaragate story. "Meghan will wear what I choose to give her to wear." (paraphrased) TQ chooses where they would live. Period. They could ask for the moon and stars, and an apartment at Windsor, but it wouldn't matter. Not getting it.

I think one of the major problems of Frog Cot is that it is really unattractive on the outside. It looks like a prison or a post office building. If it had been prettier, Meghan might have liked it better. I don't know how much you are allowed to do with a Grade 2 listed building. Some nice landscaping would make a huge difference with accents that would not damage the building itself. It will be interesting to see what Eugenie does with it if anything. (hint hint Eugenie, ask Edo, that's what brother in laws with good taste are used for)

I was thinking that if the Queen was feeling generous, she could give Harry Ivy Cottage that Eugenie is vacating or give him Nottingham Cottage where he used to live. I could see her doing this if he has to have a legal address in the UK. Nott Cott is really small at 1324 square ft and two bedrooms. It really is a place to just lay your head for a couple of days if you are in town. Oh NO! It only has one bathroom! The horror! After having 16 to choose from. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Grade II means can't touch the outside.

I'm part of a trust that manages a Grade I in London. I think demarcation of rules apply throughout England.

Rules in Scotland are slightly different, I have a house in a conservation village, again can change inside but not out. Wood for wood, stone for stone, colours have to be accordance with local history.

Nott Cott is really small at 1324 square ft and two bedrooms. It really is a place to just lay your head for a couple of days if you are in town. Oh NO! It only has one bathroom! The horror! After having 16 to choose from. :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wouldn't minimize Nottingham Cottage; it is such is a lovely little pad to have in a prime London address. I prefer it to the 16-toilet mansion. Here are some pics from Pinterest:

1606081393443.png1606081493014.png

They’re acting like they bought the property and are now leasing it? I cannot.

They are nothing to do with the property

Sounds like the Queen gave a vacant Crown property , after a £2.4M refurb, to a couple that will actually live there.

They can dribble nonsense all they like, nothing to do with them at all apart from they were obviously evicted and now have to save face.