Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I believed AM’s Diana tales, too. Then, we all watched as she sold off her old life, posed in so many photo ops without ever really embracing the causes, and swanned around the Mediterranean on the yachts. Yeah, her life was tough :lmao: Her post-divorce life made her appear as superficial and flighty as Charles and his friends had often claimed. Guessing she took in many freebies while living for free at KP. Tbf, it was not necessarily her fault. She did not have Charles’s money or access to the high end events. The press completely turned on her. Still, the photos and stories made her look bad - the playboy’s girlfriend. Similar thing happened to Fergie. Jackie O, too.
Same here. I took the AM book as the appalling truth at the time, only to have it debunked piece by piece over the years. I take all of these "biographies" with a pinch of salt now. Some of it will be partly true, but it is put out there for public consumption to show the subject in a good light.

I read the Paul Burrell book, and found it to be quite entertaining, knowing that he was inflating his influence on Diana, but at the same time a lot of it was most likely true.

It was interesting that Harry made a point of mentioning Burrells book and how bad it was, when William and Harry were only written about in the best of terms. He painted Charles as an unfeeling and entitled @ss, but again there was probably some truth to it.

I agree with a lot of the posters here, the last third of Harrys book has a completely different writing style, and coincidently is mostly about TW. I wonder why that is? :lol:

While I can't see a "peace summit" with the black mailers happening if I was Catherine I'd say leave me out of a wives meeting. What good could come of it? M and Catherine will never be good friends and they don't need to be. Both obviously have different experiences with I'd say little in common. Why should Catherine need to bow to the needs of M who appears to only care about her own needs.

I'm fairly ginger (not as bright as H).

The difference is I own it.

The way he makes it such an issue (again and again) and puts himself down (or pretends to) because of it, just shows he has a huge problem with it, or is reverse-bashful ('my "Spencer" ginger genes are stronger than M's black genes') which I find literally repugnant. We (human beings) are more than genes.

Perhaps that statement in an interview ^ was not for the first time has he called himself a Spencer, singled out his Spencer heritage, not to mention the incredibly telling jibe at Wills for not looking like Diana anymore since hair-loss (rubbish). Since he distances himself from the Windsors, he should return all privileges being a Windsor has given him.

I guess if you're a born Prince, your genes are all you have, they make you YOU. I made me, nurtured (good or ill) by my family and experiences, that's the difference.

Please don't blame gingers, we disown Harry as a self-hating ginger traitor.
While Diana was proud of her Spencer heritage, she was desperate at the time to become a Windsor. The Spencers may have a title and money, but they were not *royalty*.

While I can't see a "peace summit" with the black mailers happening if I was Catherine I'd say leave me out of a wives meeting. What good could come of it? M and Catherine will never be good friends and they don't need to be. Both obviously have different experiences with I'd say little in common. Why should Catherine need to bow to the needs of M who appears to only care about her own needs.
True, but I guess they do have to weigh up carefully what they do, regarding the flighty public judgment and to avoid giving Sparry and TW some material to work with.
It might be better to join "the conversation" than being called out for being stubborn, rude, resentful, irreconcilable, blablabla...and for that, to be the one to blame.

The coronation and reconciliation !!!! The OFFICIAL BRF NEXT MOVE IN CHESS GAME HAS HAPPENED

1. Times article talks of currently unscheduled meeting , per "ROYAL SOURCE who has the king’s ear" - this is an OFFICIAL leak
2. Meeting with the men KC3, William , Harry and two courtiers in the UK prior to April HOPEFULLY. Archbishop of Canterbury to help mediate
3. Later meeting with women K & M
4. All before coronation ( to which the Harkles might come if the meeting achieves something …. That is my interpretation )

Clearly this is the BRF response saying WE ARE TRYING … and avoid PANDEMONIUM at the coronation ( due to presence of the Harkles )

Obvious problems with the plan
1. MM a is not included in the first round
2. H has to go to the UK, but is busy with book tour - scheduling nightmare

Stay tuned

—- snippets from article , screen grabs are the best I could do , unable to copy text and there is a BAZILLION Ads
start with image that says CALL IN TODAY, then go to PUZZLES image

—- Times article behind a paywall, sorry
Peace talks planned for Prince Harry and royal family before coronation

View attachment 5692297

View attachment 5692298
I’m not buying it, intelligent people know you cannot reason with crazy.

I agree with you. I see no point in Kate and MM having a meeting to clear the air but I think she'll do whatever is best for William and the country. Still, I think there are a lot of risks to a meeting. Unless they grovel, which I don't see either Kate or Will ever doing, Harry and MM won't be best pleased and they'd just be giving them more material to use, more petty grievances to air.

ETA: My own made up parody of how H&M would react to the slightest slight at any reconciliation meeting:
Later with Gayle King:
Kate walked in, said hello with a smile, and then proceeded to take the largest croissant off the refreshment table! Before I could react, my brother then took the next largest croissant! Meghan and I were left to pick amongst the remaining slightly smaller croissants. Mine was even a bit crispier on the edges than that of my brother and Meghan's was not as attractive a shape as the one Kate took. I don't know how Meghan held herself together from such an onslaught of disrespect. I quite expected her to throw herself to the floor weeping. I said to my brother, well, once again, you and Kate have the best of everything and we have to settle for what's left. For some reason, Willy got a strange look in his eyes, as if he might leap across the table and strangle me. He truly frightens me when that happens.

Last edited:
I think the key thing to note is the “getting the wives together” part. TW has been said to like to create trouble and then run from it and watch it from afar. Here refusal to participate in Megxit, or return for many things, and the observed exchange between TW and Catherine shortly before their joint walkabout after The Queen’s passing (where TW shirked from Catherine’s glare), show her to be unlikely to want to return for a behind closed doors meeting, and especially not to face Catherine (or Sophie! LOL!).

So, to me, it seems like the meeting is an *idea* but not one they actually expect to occur. They think t makes them seem open to “trying”.

For anyone who has 7 minutes or so, this is a really fascinating interview with this historian.

"Nobody is destroying Harry more effectively than Harry."

He doesn't think it is worth stripping Harry of his title. Not worth the effort, though the majority would love for it to happen. It will give him more attention than he deserves. He will naturally fade away as time passes.

He also agrees that "Harry married his mother".
Thank you for posting. Definitely work listening to.

Same here. I took the AM book as the appalling truth at the time, only to have it debunked piece by piece over the years. I take all of these "biographies" with a pinch of salt now. Some of it will be partly true, but it is put out there for public consumption to show the subject in a good light.

I read the Paul Burrell book, and found it to be quite entertaining, knowing that he was inflating his influence on Diana, but at the same time a lot of it was most likely true.

It was interesting that Harry made a point of mentioning Burrells book and how bad it was, when William and Harry were only written about in the best of terms. He painted Charles as an unfeeling and entitled @ss, but again there was probably some truth to it.

I agree with a lot of the posters here, the last third of Harrys book has a completely different writing style, and coincidently is mostly about TW. I wonder why that is? :lol:
One does wonder about the accuracy of a lot of these memoirs, especially the ghostwritten ones. We know Harry isn't a reliable storyteller, and his memory is spotty, but one is naturally going to have doubts about the ghostwriter too. I'm sure he made a lot of assumptions about Harry's thoughts and state of mind about events. He may have enhanced events or thoughts to make them more dramatic, many ghostwriters do. And we know Harry isn't a reader of books. Did he even read his own memoir all the way through before it went to press?

Does anyone remember the memoir "I Am a Soldier, Too: The Jessica Lynch Story"? Written about 20 years ago, it was the story of a young female soldier who was captured in Iraq and rescued by Special Forces. It was a huge bestseller. It was "told to" Pulitzer prize-winning journalist Rick Bragg. Years later Lynch accused Bragg of making up stuff to make the story more dramatic. She was young and naive, and when pressured by Bragg and the publisher she went along with it, but regret it years later. (Just prior to writing the book, Bragg was abruptly fired by the New York Times for well making stuff up.)

So one should always take these highly produced ghost-written "memoirs" with a big dollop of salt. Or two dollops.

Also Catherine has had years and years of negative, demeaning press without throwing hissy fits that someone said something mean about her or her family. iUnfortunately it's the way of the tabloid press. You either learn to ignore comments by people that have nothing to do with your life or you make yourself miserable and those around you.
Oh but that didn't count as it wasn't racist