Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

It's so funny because other than this thread or an occasional tweet I NEVER read about them...where are they being covered so much other than tabloids?

Also I saw a very interesting segment about how hate or rage becomes almost addictive which is why social media and politicians can use it to their advantage. And why positive news receives so much less coverage or clicks.
I'd say all obsessive behaviour is addictive. When I was in my teens, I was targeted by the classmate sitting in front of me who was trying to convert me to something I shall not identify. Like the stans with Zed, she could see no wrong with her chosen one and accused me of ill-will against her chosen if I pointed out that the person in question was no saint.

Also, sad that Vanity Fair, Vogue, Time and other previously credible publications are now tabloid-grade.
While other members of the Royal Family found the Sussexes’ decision to name their daughter Lilibet – the Queen’s childhood nickname – ‘bewildering’ and ‘rather presumptuous’, the Queen remarked it was ‘very pretty and seems just right’;
This I don't believe. I think she didn't see it as something worth fighting about especially when Ginge and Cringe were obviously out to provoke her with their declarations of her approval and those claims of non-existent video calls. I particularly remember Zed's hilarious tale of how she could pick up the phone and call TQ, when Sparry had to book time to meet his grandma. Sure, Zed, you're special.
I don't expect Meghan has any regrets about that, she didn't know the Queen well and couldn't care less about her
Zed only cares about Zed. Typical narc. My office narc used to wax lyrical about his imagined wonderful life after his planned migration to Canada. When we asked about his aged parents (in their 70s and 80s), he looked blankly at us because they did not factor into his plans.
I think if they didn't do a bhcg level if she was claiming to be pregnant, then the BRF are dumber than I've been giving them credit for. Unless of course, Haz blocked it.
She might have screamed about her rights to not do any tests. When I had my baby, one of the pre-delivery procedures practiced here was to give the mum-to-be an enema to clear out waste products. The expat mums from the US frequently refused the enema, citing their "rights". According to my ob/gyn, the delivery was sometimes a literal sh*tshow. Not a complaint, she was just explaining to me the reason for the enema.
I would like to see them do what they said they were going to do when they left the BRF, that they desperately needed to escape the media and live a private life.
Hear, hear! Unfortunately, their post-BRF plans never considered what they could do to make a living. I think they just planned to dine out on their celebrity status forever.

One more story of his past - true or attention-seeking?
Part of the story in spoiler.

Catherine lifted the lid after learning that Harry, 38, was writing about his ex-girlfriends in his new memoir.

She told The Sun on Sunday: “I doubt I will be in Harry’s book as a prince can’t run off with a 34-year-old mother-of-two, it’s just not the done thing.”

Catherine, who once starred in American reality TV show The Real Housewives of DC, was separated from ex-husband Stephen when she and Harry met at trendy Art Bar in London’s Chelsea in May 2006.

She is not sure if Harry was on a break from Chelsy.

She said: “We had some mutual friends in the property business and he introduced himself.

“Harry was wearing an Australian-style hat that made me laugh so I asked him, ‘What are you doing looking like a t*** in that?’

“I don’t think he was used to people taking the Mickey and once we started talking, it was like there was no one else was in the room.”

Harry was accompanied by three Royal Protection Officers who hovered constantly.

Speaking from Majorca, where she now lives, the interior designer continued: “He was only 21 so a relationship was the furthest thing from my mind.

"But when everyone started leaving at around 11pm, Harry pointed to one of three Range Rovers parked outside and said, ‘Hop in with me,’ which I found very flattering.

“We were driven to Eclipse nightclub in South Kensington and whisked downstairs to the VIP area.

“A few moments later the manager came over and asked, ‘What is your favourite song?’ Harry said, ‘Gnarls Barkley, Crazy.’

"It came on a second later and I said, ‘You are so spoiled.’ Harry just laughed.

“I started chatting to somebody and Harry took the cloth out of the champagne bucket and put it over my head. I was a bit upset because it was freezing. I told him, ‘Stop being so needy, that is not the way to behave.’

“One of his security guards came over and told him off, saying, ‘Get a grip, you can’t behave like that.’

“I saw him get told off like that a few times.”“We went to another club but after half an hour I told Harry, ‘I’m starving, do you make a good bacon sandwich?’

"He said, ‘I make an excellent bacon sandwich’ and we went back to his friend’s place in Chelsea.

"Harry and I shared a cigarette on the steps outside and he really opened-up to me.”

Harry, now living in California with wife Meghan and their two children, told her about his grandmother the Queen and “how close they were”.

She added: “We went upstairs to the bathroom and started mucking about like teenagers, singing into toothbrushes like they were microphones. We got into the bath with our clothes on and one of our friends took a photo on my phone.

“Harry and I went to the kitchen and he made a great bacon sandwich. We sat in the kitchen chatting for ages and we both had the giggles. We started play fighting and I think we were wrestling on and off for about 15 minutes when I told him I needed to go home.

“It was then that he lifted me by my waist off the floor and held me against the wall. He gave me the most incredible, passionate kiss I have ever had in my life. I was absolutely speechless.”

Harry insisted on taking her back to the home she shared with daughters Ruby and Jade, then six and eight, in London’s Battersea.

She said: “We continued texting and I saw him again about a week later at a bar in Kensington.

“We had another kiss and Harry was very complimentary, telling me how beautiful I was. We met a few more times, always in private bars.”

The romance was dealt a blow when news of the relationship broke.

After two more dates, Harry changed his number and Catherine did not see him again until 2009, when they bumped into each other at a polo match in Barbados.

This was a year after she married her second husband, from whom she is now separated.

She said: “Harry pushed past his bodyguards to give me a kiss and a hug and we had a great conversation. In hindsight it’s a shame we couldn’t have remained friends.

“I had the time of my life when I was with Harry as we got each other’s sense of humour.

“Without being arrogant, I think we both quite fancied each other even though he was way too young for me. If he wasn’t a royal and was maybe ten years older, he would be my perfect man.

“If Harry walked through the door here now, he would probably give me a high five and I am sure we will meet again, because the world is a small place.

"I hope he is happy and has found some freedom finally, because that is something he was desperately searching for back then.

"I hope Meghan looks after him and I don’t wish him anything other than happiness and success because he is a very brave, charismatic, incredibly funny, intelligent and lovely human being.”

I did laugh at the actual headline

William and Kate’s US trip highlights how they’re not Harry and Meghan​

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

not just the US trip… lol

Catherine lifted the lid after learning that Harry, 38, was writing about his ex-girlfriends in his new memoir.

She told The Sun on Sunday: “I doubt I will be in Harry’s book as a prince can’t run off with a 34-year-old mother-of-two, it’s just not the done thing.”

Catherine, who once starred in American reality TV show The Real Housewives of DC, was separated from ex-husband Stephen when she and Harry met at trendy Art Bar in London’s Chelsea in May 2006.

She said: “We had some mutual friends in the property business and he introduced himself.

“Harry was wearing an Australian-style hat that made me laugh so I asked him, ‘What are you doing looking like a t*** in that?’

“I don’t think he was used to people taking the Mickey and once we started talking, it was like there was no one else was in the room.”

Harry was accompanied by three Royal Protection Officers who hovered constantly.

Speaking from Majorca, where she now lives, the interior designer continued: “He was only 21 so a relationship was the furthest thing from my mind.

"But when everyone started leaving at around 11pm, Harry pointed to one of three Range Rovers parked outside and said, ‘Hop in with me,’ which I found very flattering.

“We were driven to Eclipse nightclub in South Kensington and whisked downstairs to the VIP area.

“A few moments later the manager came over and asked, ‘What is your favourite song?’ Harry said, ‘Gnarls Barkley, Crazy.’

"It came on a second later and I said, ‘You are so spoiled.’ Harry just laughed.

“I started chatting to somebody and Harry took the cloth out of the champagne bucket and put it over my head. I was a bit upset because it was freezing. I told him, ‘Stop being so needy, that is not the way to behave.’

“One of his security guards came over and told him off, saying, ‘Get a grip, you can’t behave like that.’

“I saw him get told off like that a few times.”“We went to another club but after half an hour I told Harry, ‘I’m starving, do you make a good bacon sandwich?’

"He said, ‘I make an excellent bacon sandwich’ and we went back to his friend’s place in Chelsea.

"Harry and I shared a cigarette on the steps outside and he really opened-up to me.”

Harry, now living in California with wife Meghan and their two children, told her about his grandmother the Queen and “how close they were”.

She added: “We went upstairs to the bathroom and started mucking about like teenagers, singing into toothbrushes like they were microphones. We got into the bath with our clothes on and one of our friends took a photo on my phone.

“Harry and I went to the kitchen and he made a great bacon sandwich. We sat in the kitchen chatting for ages and we both had the giggles. We started play fighting and I think we were wrestling on and off for about 15 minutes when I told him I needed to go home.

“It was then that he lifted me by my waist off the floor and held me against the wall. He gave me the most incredible, passionate kiss I have ever had in my life. I was absolutely speechless.”

Harry insisted on taking her back to the home she shared with daughters Ruby and Jade, then six and eight, in London’s Battersea.

She said: “We continued texting and I saw him again about a week later at a bar in Kensington.

“We had another kiss and Harry was very complimentary, telling me how beautiful I was. We met a few more times, always in private bars.”

After two more dates, Harry changed his number and Catherine did not see him again until 2009, when they bumped into each other at a polo match in Barbados.

This was a year after she married her second husband, from whom she is now separated.

She said: “Harry pushed past his bodyguards to give me a kiss and a hug and we had a great conversation. In hindsight it’s a shame we couldn’t have remained friends.

“I had the time of my life when I was with Harry as we got each other’s sense of humour.

“Without being arrogant, I think we both quite fancied each other even though he was way too young for me. If he wasn’t a royal and was maybe ten years older, he would be my perfect man.

“If Harry walked through the door here now, he would probably give me a high five and I am sure we will meet again, because the world is a small place.

"I hope he is happy and has found some freedom finally, because that is something he was desperately searching for back then.

"I hope Meghan looks after him and I don’t wish him anything other than happiness and success because he is a very brave, charismatic, incredibly funny, intelligent and lovely human being.”

Harry slept his way around. He was very troubled and wild. There is a reason why women did not last in relationships with him.

I agree

M's name and her 'statements' (recollections my vary) about her passport and whatever being taken away were brought into an awareness course on forced marriage, honour abuse and killings. She was never forced to marry Harry, that's for sure, and she certainly didn't have her passport taken away as her trip to NYC proved. Her lies are repeated again and again by people as truth because they look no further than the headlines.

I feel desperately sorry for real victims of honour abuse, having someone play-act a victim is so disgusting to me I can even go there. 1) knowing accusations would not be refuted 2) proclamations to the world as a first point of call 3) recanted hearsay and many more besides. Many victims of this kind of abuse don't even realise they are being subjugated. M's only talent is manipulation, which has much more in common with abusers, every trick in the book.

Meghan and Harry are not just numbskulls but actually quite evil, they know they are lying, all the HATE they've stirred-up can't be stilled.

I don't care so much about the Monarchy, but they have besmirched the UK with their lies and false accusations. The only good thing to come out of all this is they can't come back. Even without MegZZ, I do not want Harry back in the UK.
It does seem to be part of this general trend among the elite that their charity is just about framing and marketing themselves as part of the cause celebre.

On the writer of the tweet I replied to - I notice not only is she a CBE but that she’s got it for services to a royal anti-bullying charity so it makes sense she’s insisting Meghan of all people is some kind of victim as she’s one of these bizarre people whose metier is explaining to the average person why a royal (or ex royal) is a true put-upon martyr of great pathos and not actually some of the most over-indulged and protected people in history.
Would this be possible? :popcorn:

we can live in hope - it would still rely on Charles taking the hint & thinking it’s in his best interests and a monarchy isn’t run by popular opinion.
My MIL saw a thumbnail of his book and thought it was a Mick Hucknall album. They are promoting it heavily here but I think its a turkey- apparently Scabies book was a disappointing return and people were a lot less tired of it then.
Well.. just finished S5 of The Crown. It was a snoozefest and there was nothing that seemed to have "inside" info
I feel like everyone sort of knows the story ad nauseum now anyway- I dunno what they could do with it to make it fresh. Maybe they should’ve focused on Anne’s life more or something.
Imo the lying Hazz is no prize catch. When the engagement was announced, several posters here said so. He came with lots of baggage, poor work ethic, living off his daddy. Then, boom.

Surely, someone will ask the liars why they continue to use titles from a racist institution. They even accept money from KCIII.
Who wants to be led/influenced by two liars?

How delusional are people?

Oh the Twitter comment- I can see why she wants to see another red carpet as formal wear is where the true horror of M’s abominable style is at full capacity. Badly fitting jeans is one thing- open front red lobster with botched fake tits and s1 Simpsons posture is another
BF3245A0-732C-4984-A8C6-8DCD7206D163.png

Cory's mother sounds like a smart lady. :lol: One needs to read between the lines, she may have meant to say 'please take her.' :angel:

I agree she was definitely going for a ‘see if she drops her knickers for the 1st richer guy she’s not really marriage material’

Also we have to allow for the fact this poor woman apparently had to hear H&M in flagrante so it’s amazing She wasn’t turned into stone then & there.
Scared Horror GIF

I thought I might have died and gone to hell by the third sentence. This is one of the most cringey things I’ve ever read. :eek:

On the plus side for him, if he does ever break up with M he’s going to be surrounded by sloppy starlets.

Perhaps he could marry Kim Zolciak and lecture the RHOA ladies on how well he understands black culture.
Real Housewives No GIF

Troubled and wild, indeed. Yet, still entitled enough to put a wet towel on the lady’s head :shocked:
She’s not a lady. Kiss and tell tart is definitely his type.

This I don't believe. I think she didn't see it as something worth fighting about especially when Ginge and Cringe were obviously out to provoke her with their declarations of her approval and those claims of non-existent video calls. I particularly remember Zed's hilarious tale of how she could pick up the phone and call TQ, when Sparry had to book time to meet his grandma. Sure, Zed, you're special.

That's my take, too. The Queen was not naive, she knew as well as we do that is was not a sweet nod but a hefty middle finger yet once again chose to be the bigger person.

Yeah, I was thinking what kind of person feels the need to bring up that sh*t 20 years later when the other person is married with children? I am at a point where I enjoy karma coming Ghoul's way, but that's just tasteless and unneccessary.
I'm wondering how Sparry will describe his previous relationships in his monument to raw honesty (as opposed to half-baked honesty?). Will he (or the ghostwriter) tell it straight? Will the ghostwriter overlay the recounting with his armchair psychiatrist wisdom? Will all the romances and flings be couched as "Harry is irresistible" to bolster the current lustband narrative? Will the meeting with Zed be framed as an intimate connection between two worldlywise bedwarmers?

Will either of them be described as virgins at heart? :blush:

Attention seeking? Absolutely!
True? Highly likely.