Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

There’s plenty of sycophantic drivel written about will and Kate’s love story, so I don’t see anything out of the ordinary with someone else doing the same for Harry & Meghan. It’s just par for the course.
But I think it's a safe bet that the P&PoW will still be together in ten years. I doubt the Sussexes will be.

She always knows where the camera is.

They were coming from the funeral in the photo weren’t they? It would’ve been really disrespectful if they had looked happy.
I dunno... that's true, yes, but they didn't have to look 'happy', just comfortable together, at least.
Being at the procession of QEII coffin to Westminster Hall a week ago didn't stop her looking smug AF.
Something happened between then and the funeral for her to be looking way off-form at the funeral. She looked pissed off, uncomfortable and far from smug- the complete opposite to her usual narc self.

It's all very bizarre.

I don't even think of my friends in that way. I see them as complex human beings, 2 separate individuals first, with a unique relationship/partnership, certainly not as romantic movie cliches.

How can one measure a couple's love for each other from the outside anyway?

I don’t even know if I love my own man never mind how much other couples love each other :lol:

I dunno... that's true, yes, but they didn't have to look 'happy', just comfortable together, at least.
Being at the procession of QEII coffin to Westminster Hall a week ago didn't stop her looking smug AF.
Something happened between then and the funeral for her to be looking way off-form at the funeral. She looked pissed off, uncomfortable and far from smug- the complete opposite to her usual narc self.

I was wondering this too. All those media references to her being kept under control when we all know she practically threatened the RF in The Cut. Why would she suddenly toe the line if she had so many destructive truth bombs not yet detonated.

I was wondering this too. All those media references to her being kept under control when we all know she practically threatened the RF in The Cut. Why would she suddenly toe the line if she had so many destructive truth bombs not yet detonated.
Maybe the threat of losing the titles and any financial support. They've been backed into a corner.

Maybe the threat of losing the titles and any financial support. They've been backed into a corner.

Hmmm but couldn’t that threat have been used way back when they first started this nonsense to nip it in the bud. Unless it really was the Queen that prevented Charles from doing anything. But even that doesn’t make sense because she would have put the Monarchy first and he was damaging it somewhat :thinking:

Maybe Harry told her “no” and it completely caught her off guard. :biggrin:

No matter, she will have him whipped back in shape soon enough once they’re home.

Hmmm but couldn’t that threat have been used way back when they first started this nonsense to nip it in the bud. Unless it really was the Queen that prevented Charles from doing anything. But even that doesn’t make sense because she would have put the Monarchy first and he was damaging it somewhat :thinking:

I'd say it's because way back when, Meghan and Harry brushed off the potential loss of titles and financial support as a bluff by Charles and the Queen. It would take time to rescind the titles and Harry could draw on his inheritance from Diana and the upfront payments from Spotify and Netflix if they needed immediate money. They likely thought they had time to force the Queen and Charles to apologize and give them the half-in/half-out deal they wanted. They also likely believed their own hype that they were a billion dollar brand, all on their own.

Instead, years have passed, no apology came because they made so many inaccurate statements and "recollections vary". They got no half-in/half-out deal. They have not been paid big dollars to hit the speaking circuit. Meghan's children's literature career consisted of one poorly received book. They also have had to deal with many PR screw ups (the cemetery pap walk, Ellen appearance, Uvalde appearance, skipping Prince Philip's memorial service, skipping visiting the Queen this summer, etc.) and the public perception, certainly in the UK and in other countries, that they made Prince Philip and the Queen's final years unhappy. So, they are in a weaker position now, especially with both Spotify and Netflix expecting a concrete return on their investments in the next few months and that billion dollars not magically materializing.

HandM were on a short leash , definitely, allowed few events, she went with Sophie, he with William
the walkabout … there were stories that W agreed to that only to curtail HandM going it alone
the press was not allowed within an inch of her, and her position at events was chosen to minimize camera exposure thanks to the candle
They must have been told NOT to talk to the press with the threat of beheading, and reporters were told HANDS OFF in the UK
yet, they managed a few puff pieces via People about the walkabout

Last edited:
Opinion piece from Vogue calling criticism of Meghan from the funeral racist. The author doesn’t address the validity of any of the complaints, she’s decided she knows the source of them.

I'd say it's because way back when, Meghan and Harry brushed off the potential loss of titles and financial support as a bluff by Charles and the Queen. It would take time to rescind the titles and Harry could draw on his inheritance from Diana and the upfront payments from Spotify and Netflix if they needed immediate money. They likely thought they had time to force the Queen and Charles to apologize and give them the half-in/half-out deal they wanted. They also likely believed their own hype that they were a billion dollar brand, all on their own.

Instead, years have passed, no apology came because they made so many inaccurate statements and "recollections vary". They got no half-in/half-out deal. They have not been paid big dollars to hit the speaking circuit. Meghan's children's literature career consisted of one poorly received book. They also have had to deal with many PR screw ups (the cemetery pap walk, Ellen appearance, Uvalde appearance, skipping Prince Philip's memorial service, skipping visiting the Queen this summer, etc.) and the public perception, certainly in the UK and in other countries, that they made Prince Philip and the Queen's final years unhappy. So, they are in a weaker position now, especially with both Spotify and Netflix expecting a concrete return on their investments in the next few months and that billion dollars not magically materializing.
He had no idea of the COST of their lifestyle relative to the size of his money
And they counted on paid security which means limos and planes

Opinion piece from Vogue calling criticism of Meghan from the funeral racist. The author doesn’t address the validity of any of the complaints, she’s decided she knows the source of them.

Ok, must laugh - the writer does not not vocabulary
used “funereal” not “funeral”
and pitch-perfectly is a cringe-worthy concocted adverb

nor has the writer done much due diligence , it is as if the only research was on this thread , and this is a GOSSIP thread, we love ourselves a good chuckle