Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

While the disaster occurred then, the legal fallout is still very much ongoing and there was a significant cover up for decades with significant inroads only being made with the second inquest in 2014-2016. Multiple organisations and governments are responsible for this very complicated case. William may have been young when it happened he is now an adult and a clear representative of our state establishment. He’s a ‘figurehead’ for the British state after all, so IMHO, he can be booed as well as cheered. They can’t just be symbolic only when they want to share the credit for something good.
Agreed. There is always going to be inherited blame as well as inherited credit. Which is why I don't believe Methane will make it to the White House. She loves to claim credit but the moment there is blame, she goes into her toddler tantrums. And the American media is infamous for digging up everything. What's she going to do when her skeletons fall out of the closet? Claim racism and sexism again? Go on Oprah? Rescue a few more chickens?

You can refer to someone as anything in the body of a pleading once you put it in quotes (we say: hereinafter “Kate”). They refer to Markle as Megan as well.

It’s weird to me that they are choosing first names but that may be a consequence of the societal move away from the gendered Mr / Ms / Mrs.

Well, Meghan is her name. Kate is a nickname. It is kind of diminishing in that context, but that might just be me because I'm pretty sensitive to untertones.

Well, Meghan is her name. Kate is a nickname. It is kind of diminishing in that context, but that might just be me because I'm pretty sensitive to untertones.

I hear you.

It is a very sloppily written pleading. I mean, Megan isn’t her name either, isn’t her legal name Rachel?

And Kate is what KM goes by commonly. Even when her husband announced her name change it seems everyone has ignored it. And regardless of who she is, it feels too familiar.

So few people respect the rules in relation to pleadings anymore. It’s sad.

I hear you.

It is a very sloppily written pleading. I mean, Megan isn’t her name either, isn’t her legal name Rachel?

And Kate is what KM goes by commonly. Even when her husband announced her name change it seems everyone has ignored it. And regardless of who she is, it feels too familiar.

So few people respect the rules in relation to pleadings anymore. It’s sad.
It annoys me that Catherine is still referred to as KM. Kate is fine, her maiden name ceased on April 29th 2011.

It annoys me that Catherine is still referred to as KM. Kate is fine, her maiden name ceased on April 29th 2011.

My apologies. I did that just for convenience. If I said KC or KMW no one would know who I was talking about.

Although your maiden name doesn’t cease. Not in my country anyway. Your married name is an alias here.

Look. You’re just a bad feminist for suggesting that a woman who has derived every ounce of her relevance as a public figure from marrying a low-IQ aging frat boy from an important family isn’t supremely qualified to serve as the chief executive of this great nation. She majored in theater and international relations at a VERY good midwestern university (Oxford who? Cambridge what?); plus, she fetched coffee at some American embassy for a few weeks because the uncle she later ignored had some good connections or whatever. Credentials! (Shh. We won’t mention that she didn’t score well enough on the civil service exam to become an actual diplomat. She’s still the most smartest princess ever!) I mean. Yeah, she arguably committed perjury in a court of law through dishonest filings, but, like, that was outside the United States, where things don’t count, and she had PREGNANCY BRAIN, YOU GUYS. Women can’t be expected to function like normal humans while gestating a large parasitic creature in their uteri! In fact, they shouldn’t even be allowed to drive a car or have an important job while so hormonal and, most of all, forgetful. Wait … Right, feminism. Megs can totally be president. Imagine her amazing calligraphic signature scrawling the words, Princess Pearl HRH President Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, Lady of the Tig. The country’s presidential seal will be artfully combined with her coat of arms by HRH President Megs herself because she’s good at literally everything. Perhaps the invitations to the inaugural ball can feature her First Husband in his Nazi uniform! She’ll throw boiling tea at the WH staff during cabinet meetings. She’ll be surrounded by massive security everywhere she goes, meaning she’ll be super duper important, and she won’t have to sue anyone or pay out of pocket for all that photogenic security. She’ll have the BEST weave since our presidents wore powdered wigs … Yeah, anyone earnestly suggesting she should be president is not sober.
Brilliant. Wish I could think of a place to repost this.