Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I must be the odd one out but I am not a fan of Catherine‘s photo in the red dress. To me she looks washed out and too thin (generally speaking I think she is very photogenic).

right there with you! To me there is something odd looking about her face and hair. She is barely recognizable. I do like the ones of her in the white gown, especially after seeing so many others here. Maybe I just prefer her looking more casual and not so portrait-y.

Last edited:
Things I noticed in the video:
Meghan pulling on Harry's arm when he went in for the double-cheek kiss with the woman. Was she pulling him away to stop him from doing it or was she being her typical grabby self?
The constant touching of her hair. She's not the only person who does this (Kardashians are famous for this), but it annoys the fcuk out of me. Every five minutes (or more) she's touching her hair. If it's such a nuisance and flying in your face, wear it pulled back FFS.

I would love our Body Language Guy to do an assessment of their engagement video where Meghan is unable to let go of Harry's hand. I would also like his take on 'the hand'. You know, how every time you see her place her hand on the back of Harry's shoulder, he salivates. No wait, that was Pavlov's dog. Well whatever, same thing.
Not to mention this event in which Harry gets the death stare for merely speaking to someone. I mean, lets face it, he's the real draw - the one people pay to see, real royalty - not the married-in.
439415823f6c6dc2275cc0a4ba0d8aa7.gif

That ridiculous bug-eyed stare drives me nuts. It is one thing to shoot someone a glance, but she so obviously opens hereyes as far as she can and stares. I wonder what she thinks she is communicating when she does that. She looks like a lunatic!

From their own neighborhood - ouch!
H&M‘s part of the article in spoiler :lol:

It is 18 months since Queen Elizabeth’s grandson, Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and his actress wife, Meghan Markle, bought a nine-bedroom, 16-bath Riven Rock home on seven-and-a-half acres in our rarefied enclave for $14.65 million.

Having covered the British Royal Family for 45 years during my colorful career, including the Daily Mirror and Daily Mail in London, as well as ABC Network News, I found myself somewhat ironically living just a tiara’s toss or two from the tony twosome’s new home with their son, Archie, and now seven-month-old daughter, Lilibet, named in honor of Britain’s longest reigning monarch’s childhood nickname.

I was bombarded with calls on the acquisition appearing on all three major TV networks, CNN, and Fox News, as well as doing interviews with many of the world’s top publications, including the London Daily Mail, my former employer, France’s Le Figaro and Germany’s Der Spiegel.

Even after 1,000 years, the Royal Family, now known as the Windsors since World War II, still fascinates.

The move by Prince William’s younger brother to America has drawn comparisons with the late Duke of Windsor, briefly King Edward VIII, who gave up his throne to marry “the woman he loved,” American divorcee Wallis Simpson from Baltimore.

Harry was undoubtedly the golden boy of Buckingham Palace, enormously popular in Britain, having served two tours of service with the British Army in Afghanistan, and immersing himself doing good deeds.

But all that ended when he gave up royal duties much to the disappointment of the Queen, who will celebrate her Platinum Jubilee next summer, the same time Harry is due to deliver a tell-all tome for Penguin-Random House under a contract reportedly worth an astounding $20 million.

Quite what he’ll serve up for that figure at such a relatively young age is anyone’s guess.

During their time in our Eden by the Beach the dynamic duo has rarely been seen, other than dining at Lucky’s with music man David Foster and, last year, buying a Christmas tree at a pop-up site at La Cumbre Plaza, instead choosing to stay hunkered down with their young children and security team in Montecito.

But now, as more and more people sensibly get vaccinated against the deadly COVID disease, both of them seem to be going more public, with Harry seen walking their black Labrador rescue, Pula, on Miramar Beach, and pedaling his bike, with his minders in a black Range River closely behind.

I’m told His Royal Highness, who memorably drove an electric-powered E-type Jaguar from Windsor Castle after his wedding to the Frogmore House reception, was absolutely fascinated by the 27-foot-long Oscar Meyer weinermobile when it visited Montecito in October and even asked to drive it. Talk about hot dog!

More recently the couple donated money towards the first ever Montecito Holiday Car Parade and earlier this month Meghan was spotted fashionably attired in a Massimo Dutti wool coat and Tamara Mellon boots wearing sunglasses and a mask, discreetly shopping accompanied by a bodyguard upstairs at Pierre Lafond in the Upper Village. She’s also been spotted at the children’s clothing store Poppy and the home furnishings shop, Hudson Grace, at the Montecito Country Mart.

Harry and Meghan are said to be staying here for Christmas and New Year while his brother the Duke of Cambridge, 39, and wife, Catherine, are scheduled to be meeting with other members of the Royal Family at Sandringham in Norfolk, the sprawling stately pile built for the future King Edward VII, Queen Victoria’s son in 1862.

The formerly close relationship between the two brothers is now rumored to be at a breaking point after Harry and Meghan’s incendiary interview with fellow Montecito neighbor Oprah Winfrey earlier this year and they barely said a single word to each other when they attended their grandfather the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral at Windsor in April — which I covered for Fox News — and the unveiling of a new statue to their mother, Princess Diana, at Kensington Palace, where they spent their childhoods, in July.

Hopefully 2022 will mend the considerable fracture between the future King William V and Harry, and we’ll continue to see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex get more involved in the neighborhood they have chosen to make their family home.

— Richard Mineards
:flowers: Thank you @CarryOn2020 for your #26 nickname, His Actress Wife, from the above article. Here is The List #26 Ribbon with my apologies for missing it when I posted the last group of nicknames. :ghi5:
TL26CarryOn2020.jpg

Things I noticed in the video:
Meghan pulling on Harry's arm when he went in for the double-cheek kiss with the woman. Was she pulling him away to stop him from doing it or was she being her typical grabby self?
The constant touching of her hair. She's not the only person who does this (Kardashians are famous for this), but it annoys the fcuk out of me. Every five minutes (or more) she's touching her hair. If it's such a nuisance and flying in your face, wear it pulled back FFS.

I would love our Body Language Guy to do an assessment of their engagement video where Meghan is unable to let go of Harry's hand. I would also like his take on 'the hand'. You know, how every time you see her place her hand on the back of Harry's shoulder, he salivates. No wait, that was Pavlov's dog. Well whatever, same thing.
Not to mention this event in which Harry gets the death stare for merely speaking to someone. I mean, lets face it, he's the real draw - the one people pay to see, real royalty - not the married-in.
Damn she is scary. Harry better watch his step.
D81EE0AD-C84C-4866-B8D9-76DB6CBFD308.jpeg

Last edited:
There is hope, some people here believe he hears us. :lol:

Re the negative comments about Catherine's photos, I think some here may have missed the theme of the shoot:

"The Duchess collaborated with the Italian-born fashion photographer on a shoot inspired by 19th Century photography, which was the focus for her undergraduate thesis."

I think they did a wonderful job. The third photo instantly made me think of Queen Victoria.

I don’t think the red or white photos of Catherine are good. I think the photographer got lucky she is so photogenic they can fudge it because they are not well composed pictures. You can see they are going for the John Singer-Sargent look but it’s just lacking the detail and emotion to me.

Ultimately it shouldn’t matter that Catherine is prettier than M because looks shouldn’t matter for the role. Thing is, M’s shady character shows through her ‘Hollywood’ looks. I don’t know much about Catherine as a person but I think we can all agree she’s much better at projecting charm.

The double rub though, would be if Catherine actually IS a nasty piece-of-work and not only do the majority of people think she’s nicer than M but she would also a much better actress than M too. Can you imagine? :lol: