Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

One more about the book: This photograph was my favorite: https://www.nationalgalleries.org/a...oble-order-thistle-and-chief-chiefs-born-1926

ETA: and Meghan will never, ever, EVER be able to get her grubby little hands on that tiara!

A behind the scenes look - from AK’s book :heart:

Image may contain Human Person Camping Tent Outdoors and Ground

Kelly attends to Queen Elizabeth II during a photoshoot on moors near Balmoral in Scotland.Photo: courtesy Angela Kelly

ETA: the link - https://www.vogue.com/article/queen-elizabeth-ii-royal-dresser-book

My guess for her lack of headgear, is that she is still a Duchess. She is not yet the Princess of Wales, and she is not yet the Queen Consort. I think she is saving the headgear for those times. Rather thoughtful to set this precedent considering her SIL is you-know-who! I remember reading that William did not want to give up his princely title upon marriage. He requested that Catherine be made a Princess instead, but the Queen felt it would set a worrying precedent. After everything Sussex, it’s easy to see why the Queen knows best.

My guess for her lack of headgear, is that she is still a Duchess. She is not yet the Princess of Wales, and she is not yet the Queen Consort. I think she is saving the headgear for those times. Rather thoughtful to set this precedent considering her SIL is you-know-who! I remember reading that William did not want to give up his princely title upon marriage. He requested that Catherine be made a Princess instead, but the Queen felt it would set a worrying precedent. After everything Sussex, it’s easy to see why the Queen knows best.
But duchesses can wear crowns, or is it just for weddings and heads of state receptions? I think there were photos of Catherine in a tiara at a reception?

I was looking for that one, found what you found, and then...there's a German translation for 15 bucks :lol: Now I would have preferred the original but can't beat that price and the fact it's still in print.
I saw that one but my German is so dreadful
I am appreciating THE EXACT LANGUAGE used by Angela, her reverence for the jewelry, for example
when I am at my PC, not iPad, I will post a snippet about the Vladimir tiara
I am assuming that just showing a tidbit , that will get you all to buy the book, that I shall not run afoul of copyright , after all, we learned that the DM a published TOO MUCH of the letter, per the fair use of copyright laws

what we learn here amazes me …

But duchesses can wear crowns, or is it just for weddings and heads of state receptions? I think there were photos of Catherine in a tiara at a reception?
Catherine has worn tiaras for state occasions and at her wedding
Diana wore tiaras for formal photographs, the BRF ladies used to wear tiaras for James Bond premieres, but that is a thing of the past, the bling seems to come out now only for brides and state dinners

English Duchesses wear coronets - little tiny crowns - at the coronation
Only the UK monarch wears a crown ??? But, Charles had some sort of coronet/crown when invested as Prince of Wales
see Wiki on ducal coronets, and the difference between tiaras, diadems and crowns, they do a much better job than I would, if you want to nitpick terminology

I saw that one but my German is so dreadful
I am appreciating THE EXACT LANGUAGE used by Angela, her reverence for the jewelry, for example
when I am at my PC, not iPad, I will post a snippet about the Vladimir tiara
I am assuming that just showing a tidbit , that will get you all to buy the book, that I shall not run afoul of copyright , after all, we learned that the DM a published TOO MUCH of the letter, per the fair use of copyright laws

what we learn here amazes me …

I bought it when it first came out - AK is someone I would love to have a coffee with. Her stories are the best :heart:

25F6B6CF-77F2-45A5-9497-7B19494DD86B.jpeg

Catherine has worn tiaras for state occasions and at her wedding
Diana wore tiaras for formal photographs, the BRF ladies used to wear tiaras for James Bond premieres, but that is a thing of the past, the bling seems to come out now only for brides and state dinners

English Duchesses wear coronets - little tiny crowns - at the coronation
Only the UK monarch wears a crown ??? But, Charles had some sort of coronet/crown when invested as Prince of Wales
see Wiki on ducal coronets, and the difference between tiaras, diadems and crowns, they do a much better job than I would, if you want to nitpick terminology
I would “settle” for a tiara. I’d love to wear one at least once in my lifetime!

I’m sorry. I didn’t explain my thoughts clearly. I feel she left off the tiaras as a show of humility, since there are others who “deserve” to wear them more due to rank. Kind of like how she was center stage on the balcony for an event recently, but let Camilla leave first as a show of honor and respect.

ETA: we all know M would wear ALL the tiaras she could. One a a headpiece, one as a headband (ala Diana), one as a necklace, one as a belt… all at the same time.