Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Apparently The Queen didn’t know

I did not think of Archie! I don’t mind the name Archie. And I totally know choosing a baby name is super personal BUT: Archie and Jack (for instance) are both nicknames but they still feel like real names. Lilibet... it doesn’t feel like a real name to me.
I think I posted this before, but I absolutely cannot stand Archie as a full name. Lilibet is even more heinous. It’s like naming your kid Jimmy or Stacy. Jack doesn’t bother me as much either but Jackson or John would still be preferable. Actually, no, Jack is just as bad. Is it that hard to just name the baby Elizabeth and adopt Lilibet as the nickname?!! Geez

What happened to the home birth??? What happened to the video of the birth??? Answers, we need answers.

ETA: Lili Diana sounds like Little Diana - why do that to someone?
Gotta follow the ‘cool’ crowd.
“A natural birth will cost £10,000 while a Caesarean section is £20,000. Lili is one of 2,400 babies to be delivered at the hospital in the last year.

A local source suggests pop star Katy Perry, neighbour to Meghan and Harry in Montecito, also had her baby Daisy there last August.

The prince recently revealed he is friends with Miss Perry’s film star husband Orlando Bloom.”

Lili Diana sounds like a rapper name, like Lil Kim

Whilst I can see the thought behind honouring the two most important women in his life, this really smacks of disrespect.
Why not Elizabeth, Beth or simply Lily (which works so well with Archie)? Why take ownership of her personal, private nickname? He is so quick to call her his Commander in Chief, yet he undermines her authority in this manner?

Even if HM knew of the name choice in advance and approved of it, it reads as a desperate attempt to signal that he has an intimate relationship with his grandmother; a connection to her that is somehow deeper than everyone else's. It comes across as a PR move rather than an act of deference to his Commander, Queen and most important familial relation.

Oh Harry, why don't you just piss off now?

I did not think of Archie! I don’t mind the name Archie. And I totally know choosing a baby name is super personal BUT: Archie and Jack (for instance) are both nicknames but they still feel like real names. Lilibet... it doesn’t feel like a real name to me.
Hehe that’s funny. Perhaps there is a slight cultural difference going on here.
I was absolutely gobsmacked and floored when the name Archie had been announced - I had honestly never heard of such a sloppy and stupid nick ‘name’ in all my life - the red head from the comic book??
It is not at all a common or even heard of name where I live. I had never known that this crazy comic name was a ‘thing’.

On the other hand I actually like Lilibet as a name, in spite that it’s a diminutive of a more formal established name. It seems familiar, and modern in that sweetly, ultra-personal way lol. An acceptable formal name if feeling creative.
However in this context the use of the name is bizarre. (if George really did originally use the Archie name as a fun nickname then the use of Archie was aggressive and strange in terms of family dynamics, and there is definitely a pattern here.)

Whilst I can see the thought behind honouring the two most important women in his life, this really smacks of disrespect.
Why not Elizabeth, Beth or simply Lily (which works so well with Archie)? Why take ownership of her personal, private nickname? He is so quick to call her his Commander in Chief, yet he undermines her authority in this manner?

Even if HM knew of the name choice in advance and approved of it, it reads as a desperate attempt to signal that he has an intimate relationship with his grandmother; a connection to her that is somehow deeper than everyone else's. It comes across as a PR move rather than an act of deference to his Commander, Queen and most important familial relation.

Oh Harry, why don't you just piss off now?
I'm waiting for them to slip into every possible occasion a mention of their special bond with TQ. It probably just dawned on them that with the Platinum Jubilee coming up, they can flog the name for extra cash. I'm sure they already have a line of Lilibet merch lined up and now they can claim that it's their daughter's name, so they can use it with impunity.