Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Prince Harry on Day 2 of his 2 day visit to Zambia. His visit of Zambia is at the request of the Foreign Office and he is attending events for The Queen's Commonwealth Trust. Harry is the President of The Queen's Commonwealth Trust and was also appointed the Commonwealth Youth Ambassador by Queen Elizabeth II earlier this year.

View attachment 4263813View attachment 4263815View attachment 4263816View attachment 4263831View attachment 4263826View attachment 4263832 View attachment 4263820View attachment 4263821View attachment 4263819
Without wishing to head off track. In the last picture the woman on the right in the blue strapless dress looks stunning.

Last edited:
I’m not surprised. These articles are right on schedule. Meghan, I hope it was worth it, girl.
this is the culture we live in now. But in spite of whatever gossip is going on, she is married to one of the most famous men in the western world. Going to live in a huge home, having a baby. I doubt she has any regrets at this time.

There have been non-stop "hit pieces" by some of the UK press (basically the tabloids of the UK so meaning The Telegraph, The Sun, Daily Mail, etc.) on Meghan since she and Harry have returned back from their tour (if you are a longtime royal watcher you know after royal tours there are often some/many "hit pieces" released about royals to downplay their most recent tour if is extremely successful). At this point I'm not even taking the stories with a "grain of salt" I just don't believe them at this point the stories either sound completely made up, there is actually proof the stories are indeed false, and/or the stories are defamatory stories with sexist and racist undertones.

Same. I continue to believe that these leaked "attitude" problems are totally lies. I, kind of wish she'd release the gender of the baby or something to squash some of this bad press. Do royals even do this? Apologies if this is a dumb question, first time paying attention to the British royal family.

Reactions: bag-princess
This is my first time following the British royal family too. I did not for a long time being against the inherited position stuff, etc, since I'm from the US. It's actually quite entertaining when you start reading the stories. Am sure the Royal Family takes the good and laughs at the weird stuff too.

We do have a royal family here in the US -- they live in the White House -- and are around for 4 or 8 years. We have had our dramas with the revolving door occupants ever since I can remember.

Good grief. She’s not going to catch a break is she? I hope she’s tough enough to toss this crap over her shoulder and laugh. It would have to be hard to be under this much scrutiny.

I would be surprised if she caught a break. In my opinion while a lot of international media is more positive and sometimes even defensive of Meghan there is always some media that is releasing negative stories which then gets regurgitated through different outlets such as forums, social media, talk shows, or magazines. The most positive press about Meghan surrounded big events so that was the engagement, the wedding, the pregnancy announcement, and the Pacific Tour. Outside of that it has been either her dad's side of the family attacking her (mind you due to the age difference Meghan wasn't particularly close to her siblings and has always come across as being closer to her mother) or it has been the UK media more than any other international media that has attacked her through many various articles.

I think their engagement interview gave a lot of great little tidbits about Harry and Meghan's relationship more specifically why the relationship had become so serious so quick and also how they made sure their focus was about their relationship rather than what the media was saying about them. Harry said that what allowed him and Meghan to grow closer faster is that they went about their relationship privately for months which allowed them to get to know each other better. Harry mentioned that he had warned Meghan about the added "layer" of being with a royal but at the same time said you can't really prepare anyone for the reaction that happens once their relationship became public knowledge (meaning all sorts of scrutiny). Meghan said that though she had been a part of entertainment industry she wasn't a part of the tabloid culture so after the stories by press started she said she made the conscious decision to not read any of the stories that were written about her rather no matter if they were positive or negative. Meghan stated and Harry agreed with her statement that their focus wasn't on the stories written about them but their focus was about their relationship.

Last edited:
Same. I continue to believe that these leaked "attitude" problems are totally lies. I, kind of wish she'd release the gender of the baby or something to squash some of this bad press. Do royals even do this? Apologies if this is a dumb question, first time paying attention to the British royal family.

Usually the royals don't announce the gender of the baby to the public until after the birth. What could happen to counteract the bad press is that Queen Elizabeth II could issue a letters patent confirming that Harry and Meghan's children will have the titles Prince/Princess and the style Royal Highness (HRH) upon their birth (it was always expected she would confirm which titles they would receive before the birth of Harry and Meghan's child but she could announce it now). If she does not issues a letters patent the children will still inherit a title regardless because Harry is a Duke. So Harry and Meghan's children would receive the titles Lord/Lady and when Charles becomes King their titles will automatically be changed to Prince/Princess and receive the style Royal Highness (HRH). Another possibility is that if Harry and Meghan were expecting twins they could possibly announce that. Other royal families while still not confirming the gender have had the original pregnancy announcement say that whichever royal couple was expecting a baby and then a few months later there was a second announcement confirming that the royal couple was expecting twins (this most recently happen I believe with Albert II, Prince of Monaco and Charlene, Princess of Monaco when she was pregnant with their twins in 2014).

Meghan's patronages were expected to be announced at the end of this year (so possibly by the end of this month) or early next year. Though she is pregnant now it is still believed her patronages will be announced. Usually the announcement of patronages gains positive media attention because you get a sense of what the royal wants to focus on. Meghan had already been involved with various charities and organizations before she was with Harry so possible that she will become Patron to those various charities and organizations as well as becoming Patron to different charities and organizations as well. Also like other royals have started their own initiatives and charities, Meghan will likely start her own initiatives and charities which she will be the Patron of.

Last edited:
This has turned ugly rather fast.

I feel defensive for her. Kate got a lot of flack as well in the early days but she had the benefit of being William's SO for a long time before becoming official. And she's English. I think Meghan is sure to have culture shock not only due to the BRF and its endless rules and rituals, but also from being an American, independent woman in her 30s. Add her being bi-racial and a divorcee, and the press have a goldmine of clickbait and not a lot of reasons to play nice.

If the William story is true, I'd hope that both Harry and Meghan give him the benefit of the doubt. A whirlwind romance would always raise flags, no matter the background of the bride to be.

I hope this blows over. There is a baby on the way so this will be a lifetime commitment for both Harry and Meghan, regardless if their relationship survives or not.

Actually that's true. If you ever visit Windsor castle: the housekeeping is really rubbish.

It could also be that Meghan is very sensitive to smells right now during pregnancy. I know the smell of coffee during one of my pregnancies made me ill. All throughout my pregnancy. I am ok now. I love the smell of coffee, but then, no go.

Reactions: boxermom
Just goes to show how easy it is to find a lie in rumored stories by UK press. The story about "Meghan wanting to scent the church with Air Fresheners" is literally a lie. St. George's Chapel was in fact scented as you would expect it to be for a major event. Diptyque candles scented the chapel as well as Harry and Meghan's dressing rooms. Among all those articles back in May about the wedding there were articles about how Diptyque candles were used by Harry and Meghan on their wedding day.

The Diptyque company posted about their candles being used by Harry and Meghan on their wedding day on the company's Instagram Story the day of the royal wedding (https://www.instagram.com/diptyque, https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17927586232080394/):

DtTodu2VAAARdS3.jpg DtTokvgVsAAg9UF.jpg DtTokvUVAAA9adb.jpg

Last edited: