Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

from the Daily Beast
Meghan is starting to sound not so good.....but will take with the usual grain of salt

What A Stink: How Meghan Markle Wanted Air Fresheners for ‘Musty’ 550-Year-Old Chapel

Meghan asked if the atomisers could be sprayed in St. George’s Chapel. Royal Household staff reportedly said, ‘no.’

tom-sykes-author-new.jpg

Tom Sykes
12.01.18 11:35 AM ET
181201-sykes-meghan-markle-kate-middleton-hero_qvjymh

Chris Jackson/GETTY

It’s another day of challenging headlines for Meghan Markle this weekend, as two separate reports claim firstly that she asked if air fresheners could be sprayed in the 550-year old chapel in which she was married to Prince Harry in May, and secondly that her relationship with Kate hit the skids after she was slapped down by Kate after she chastised a member of Kate’s staff in the run-up to her weddign to Prince Harry.

The Sun reports that Meghan and Kate fell out after Meghan berated a member of Kate’s staff.

Kate, 36, is said to have told Meghan: “That’s unacceptable, they’re my staff and I speak to them.”

The Sun says that Kensington Palace has denied reports of the row.

Meanwhile the Daily Mail reports that Meghan asked if air-freshening atomisers could be sprayed in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor to mask what she described as a ‘musty’ smell in the chapel.

The source said: “Apparently Meghan didn't like the smell of the chapel, which, as you would expect, is a little musty. It's not unpleasant at all, though.

“It just smells how you would expect an old building to smell. And that's something the Royal Family are particularly used to.

RELATED IN ARTS AND CULTURE

Kate Middleton Love Bombs Meghan Markle to Crush Rift Rumors

Tension Between Meghan and Kate Could Be Behind Move

Is Meghan Really The Royal 'Hurricane' The Tabloids Claim?

“Meghan wanted staff to go around with these atomisers, like spritzer guns, and spray the chapel with scent before anyone arrived.”

Royal Household staff reportedly said no.

The source told the Mail: “I don't believe they said no because they thought it could affect the chapel in any way. It was simply the principle of the thing. This is a place that has held royal weddings, funerals and even contains the Royal Vault. I don't believe a request of that nature had been made before.”

The source stressed the request had caused 'no falling out' but added, “Frankly it was all a bit ridiculous and rather over the top.”

How is that ridiculous?? I went to a catholic school and before mass they would sometimes have the altar boys spray the church with febreeze if something smelled bad. I even saw a glade atomizer plugged in once at the back LOL.

And don’t they usually spray scents in banquet halls before an event? Mine did for my event.
According to the article, "It was simply the principle of the thing. This is a place that has held royal weddings, funerals and even contains the Royal Vault. I don't believe a request of that nature had been made before.”

It's understandable when put in that perspective, I think.

How is that ridiculous?? I went to a catholic school and before mass they would sometimes have the altar boys spray the church with febreeze if something smelled bad. I even saw a glade atomizer plugged in once at the back LOL.

And don’t they usually spray scents in banquet halls before an event? Mine did for my event.

Right?! How dare we insult the feelings of a building? These "blind items" about Meghan and her "terrible temper/attitude are ridiculous. First it was that she's terrible to her staff and it's now escalated to fighting with Kate...are the next "blind items" gonna be that she fought with one of Williams' kids? Sometimes you just gotta laugh..

Last edited:
everyone on malta is looking like her? not really:no:

And I always find it funny when american People say oh my Family, great Grand parents or whatever come orignally from europe .. don't they have the School subject history in School?:rolleyes::amuse:
What is wrong with having European ancestry? There are Americans who have European others who have African or Asian or Native American or mixed ancestry. It's just a fact.

According to the article, "It was simply the principle of the thing. This is a place that has held royal weddings, funerals and even contains the Royal Vault. I don't believe a request of that nature had been made before.”

This is likely a culture thing. Meghan is American and we like air fresheners. The Royals are into the history of their “everything” and want all the centuries old “must.”

That is a good point. I guess it depends on how you request it too. There's always a right way to say things.

I can't think of anything worse than a chapel that smells like air freshener. If it's musty open the doors in the morning. Although I love the smell of old buildings.

Yeah my school was weird lol. Usually we only sprayed if there was something that smelled really bad like a certain stain on the carpet or something. But also, incense would help alleviate that smell and prefer that over febreeze but my school was cheap LOL

Reactions: uhpharm01
Photos Resurfaced of Meghan visiting Malta in 2015. Her great-great grandmother Mary was born there in 1862. Per the DailyMail, "Speaking in 2015, Meghan said of her trip to the Mediterranean country: ‘Coming to Malta has been really important to me because my great-great-grandmother lived here, so we’ve been trying to trace the ancestry. This trip was mostly about trying to understand where I come from, my identity. There is something so lovely about fitting in a piece of the puzzle. To come somewhere where you so quickly settle in to feeling welcomed is really special. It’s this Maltese hospitality that is really special to the place.'
'Before I came, people were telling me, "When you go to Malta, everyone will look like you," and I started to say, "Oh my gosh I do sort of blend in," and it’s the loveliest feeling. The Maltese people have been so kind.’

ac-comp-markle-malta.jpg

Full Photos can be seen here ++ https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/7851988/meghan-markle-malta-photos-candid-unseen/

Prince William reportedly ‘voiced doubts’ about Meghan Markle

phhjnlzogg2qbwe.jpg

Prince William expressed doubts about how suitable Meghan Markle would be as Prince Harry‘s bride, it’s claimed.

It’s understood William voiced his concern to the Queen and his brother ahead of the royal wedding in May, the Mail on Sunday reported.

Claims that William questioned Harry’s romantic choice come amid rumors of a tense feud between the two couples.

One of William’s friends told the Mail on Sunday: “The problem is that the Cambridges felt things had moved very quickly between Harry and Meghan.

“Wills particularly was worried and felt close enough to Harry to voice his thoughts.”

The two princes were brought especially close by the death of their mother, with William keeping an eye out for his younger brother.

But Harry was reportedly offended by William’s comments and stood up for his wife-to-be.

The tension could be traced as far back as last Christmas, when a “ghastly row” broke out between the two couples, the report claims.

It’s understood that Kate Middleton has attempted to explain the rules of The Firm to Meghan — and that her advice didn’t go down well.

Kate is also said to have told friends she was very sad about what was happening and felt that Harry was “changing.”

One pal told the Mail on Sunday: “Meghan’s a strong character and so is Kate, so it doesn’t surprise me there have been clashes,” said the source.

The report also claims Kate, William and their three kids, George, Charlotte and Louis, will be spending Christmas with her family at Bucklebury Manor in Berkshire this year after the alleged row. The Sussexes will spend the big day with the Queen at Sandringham.

It comes after recent reports that Harry and his pregnant wife are abandoning their central London base at Kensington Palace for Frogmore Cottage in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Their move, along with reports of a “dictatorial” Harry allegedly taking issue with his brother, courtiers and servants for failing to “roll out the red carpet” for Meghan, is apparently the latest in a string of issues causing the couples to be at loggerheads.

And a furious Duchess of Cambridge recently slapped down Meghan after she spoke rudely to a member of Kate’s staff, telling her doing so was “unacceptable.”

A spokeswoman for Kensington Palace said: “This is not a story we would comment on.”

https://pagesix.com/2018/12/03/prince-william-reportedly-voiced-doubts-about-meghan-markle/

Reactions: elvisfan4life
There have been non-stop "hit pieces" by some of the UK press (basically the tabloids of the UK so meaning The Telegraph, The Sun, Daily Mail, etc.) on Meghan since she and Harry have returned back from their tour (if you are a longtime royal watcher you know after royal tours there are often some/many "hit pieces" released about royals to downplay their most recent tour if is extremely successful). At this point I'm not even taking the stories with a "grain of salt" I just don't believe them at this point the stories either sound completely made up, there is actually proof the stories are indeed false, and/or the stories are defamatory stories with sexist and racist undertones. I'm honestly not surprised by any of the stories that are being released as we have to remember the attacks from the press (more notably the UK tabloids) are the same reason Harry released the statement he did back in November 2016 that not only confirmed his relationship with Meghan but also defended her and addressed that she had been subject to defamatory stories, stories that were sexist, and stories that had racial undertones (https://www.royal.uk/statement-communications-secretary-prince-harry).

The UK press I noticed have actually been rightly called out by many in the worldwide press because with the UK tabloids constant stories they are attacking Meghan who has been a royal not even a complete 7 months/has only been around the royals less than 3 years and is a pregnant woman. The narratives of the stories that have been released often have sexist or racist undertones. Many suspect all the stories are to downplay the expectant announcement of her patronages which were always expected to be announced at end of this year as well as at the beginning of the new year.

Within the past few weeks the UK press has tried to:

• Link Meghan and the Women she supports at the Hubb Community Kitchen located within the Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre Al-Manaar to ISIS (other religious groups released statements defending Meghan and the women of the Hubb Community Kitchen). Harry and William have also visited Al-Manaar last year because it is has been a place that has helped those effected by the Grenfell Fire no matter a person's background or religious affiliation.
  • They have tried to make Meghan the "Angry Black Woman" stereotype. I'm glad that people that have actually worked with the royals those workers most notably being Dickie Arbiter (https://twitter.com/RoyalDickie) and Darren McGrady (https://twitter.com/DarrenMcGrady) have been defending Meghan and calling out the hypocrisy/inaccuracy in the Meghan stories that have been released.
  • Make it seem like Harry and Meghan moving to Frogmore Cottage is because of tension between Harry and William or tension between Meghan and Kate. In reality it is literally known that permits to update Frogmore Cottage were submitted in April/approved in July. It was always expected they would be gifted a residence by the Queen because there are so many royal residences (residences of past monarchs and royal family members) she inherited through the crown. I know a lot of royal watchers weren't shocked about Harry and Meghan being gifted Frogmore Cottage for multiple reasons: it is in Windsor not far from St. George's Chapel (Windsor Castle) where their wedding was, their private wedding reception was at Frogmore House, their engagement pictures were taken on the Frogmore Estate, Windsor Castle is where Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip live on the weekends and sometimes weekdays (and it is no secret how close Harry is to his grandparents in fact it is known when he attended Eton College and underwent officer training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst he would visit them in his free time since both places aren't far from Windsor Castle), and also when Charles becomes King it has been said he will be making Windsor Castle the official headquarters of the British monarchy (rather than Buckingham Palace).
  • Make it seem like Meghan being a royal that carries out as many engagements as she has seem like a bad thing (Meghan has done nearly 100 engagements since her wedding). I find it so hypocritical of the UK press to make it seem like Meghan doing all the engagements she has seem like a bad thing (with the majority of the engagements having been done while she has been pregnant since it is believed she is 5 months now and just became a royal not even a complete 7 months ago) because the very same UK press gave William and Kate the nicknames "Prince Work Shy" and "Duchess Do Little" because they have continuously done minimal engagements in comparison to other senior royals and even some minor royals do more engagements than William and Kate yearly. In comparison back in 2011 when William and Kate got married they respectively only did 90 and 34 engagements. Harry's engagement numbers were actually low as well but have increased considerably since he has retired from active duty in the military 2015.

Last edited: