Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

In Nigeria, where Christians are being massacred and persecuted for their faith own huge numbers? She would have to be more heartless or clueless than one would imagine. I just think it's probably the only cross she owns and wanted to show some kind of faux piety among people of faith.
Could it be something Thomas Markle gave her when she was in high school and she thought it would be appropriate for this trip? She did attend a Catholic high school, although she's never shown any indication since then of being a practicing Catholic.

Could it be something Thomas Markle gave her when she was in high school and she thought it would be appropriate for this trip? She did attend a Catholic high school, although she's never shown any indication since then of being a practicing Catholic.

She also converted as part of her attempt to board the BRF.

Here's an interesting explanation of the upside down cross:

"The upside-down cross is often associated with the occult and satanism. However, it's important to note that the meaning of symbols can vary widely depending on cultural, religious, and personal contexts. In Christianity, the upside-down cross is sometimes associated with St. Peter, who is said to have been crucified upside down as a sign of humility. However, in popular culture, it has been used to convey anti-Christian or satanic sentiments. People who wear upside-down crosses as jewelry or tattoos may do so for a variety of reasons, including as a fashion statement, to express rebellion, or to identify with certain subcultures. It's important to approach the interpretation of symbols with an understanding of their diverse meanings and contexts."

She's certainly not wearing it as a sign of humility but the rebellion part fits.
I don’t think she realizes it’s upside down. She seems to be oblivious and uninterested in learning anything outside her California / minor celebrity life style. If you asked her about the Kardashians I bet she could go on for days about them. But ask her about the history of the UK or even the history of the Cathedral she and H got married in and I bet she’d give you a blank stare. So I think you’re giving her too much credit if you think wearing an upside down cross is a conscious act of rebellion on her part.

Here we go again. Meghan was in tears (presumably after throwing herself onto the floor in a crumpled mess. Yet again).

How can these two fail to understand why they are criticized??? Their lack of accountability is mind numbing.

Here we go again. Meghan was in tears (presumably after throwing herself onto the floor in a crumpled mess. Yet again).

How can these two fail to understand why they are criticized??? Their lack of accountability is mind numbing.
Hazbeen is probably afraid to point out to her, and she’s too narcissistic to have any self awareness, but she’s become a stereotypical hysterical female, no one to do business with and absolutely no one to ever be considered for public office.

Hugh Grosvenor‘s wedding is coming up, so Harry felt compelled, once again, to explain away his absence by claiming he didn’t want to make a fuss by attending. Thankfully the post included a quote from Angela Levin with the actual truth…

“…. he says he doesn’t want to make a fuss there and disturb everybody. But I don’t think he’s had an invitation”

I wonder why they keep doing this. How many events now have they claimed to be skipping for one stupid reason or another when, in fact, they were never actually invited? They look so foolish. Every. Single. Time.
Season 10 Party GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I'd love if the bride or groom came out and confirmed that Prince Karen was NOT invited. He deserves to be called out for his constant lies and be humiliated a bit.

The disconnect between "strong independent feminist self-made millionaire" and "emotionally vulnerable man-clutching weepy fragile Flower" is mind-boggling. Lolo is like a playable character in a video game which allows you to toggle between conflicting personae.

I mean, it’s possible the cross could have belonged to Diana. She may have been gifted pieces of jewelry throughout her life that she didn’t particularly like and therefore didn’t wear much (or at all). When she died those pieces would still have needed to be disbursed along with her more well-known jewelry.

It’s telling that since it’s Meghan our knee-jerk reaction is that she’s lying.

The disconnect between "strong independent feminist self-made millionaire" and "emotionally vulnerable man-clutching weepy fragile Flower" is mind-boggling. Lolo is like a playable character in a video game which allows you to toggle between conflicting personae.

The real disconnect that she can't stop acting IRL, but is in truth a terrible actress because she has no inner-life to draw upon.