Price increase on Hermes.com UK

Another case of "rip off Britain". :tdown:

Where a year or so ago I may have bought a couple of scarves as the year progressed (OK, when I went to Glasgow:graucho:), I haven't bought one for about 4 months or so and will only buy if I really, really, really like it (i.e. if they release "La Vie Du Grand Nord" again for example!!). Otherwise I'll make do with what I've got....it's their loss in the long run...one or two scarves a year v's 1 (if they are really lucky).

i am so sorry for my UK fellow members. i actually saw a GM shawl on the website that i considered buying because even without the VAT refund it would come out significantly cheaper than in the U.S. -- but now the price is on par with what it is in the boutique here.
i'm guessing Paris didn't want there to be a venue more "economical" than the EU -- wouldn't reflect well on the mothership :confused1:

i do understand that it sucks to be on the losing end of a rate of exchange. only appeased by those periods (over the course of a lifetime) when one is on the winning end. of course some currencies never experience it. At least Pounds Sterling and the USD are still breathing... even though we H customers feel winded!

If I was a Hermes SA, I think I would be slightly worried about the security of my job - there seems to be a lot of unhappy, miffed loyal H fans posting here.

The price hike (during the present economic climate) just seems greedy and short sighted - I wonder what their reasoning is?

I for one, will definitely be re-thinking my future H purchases ( and from now on will buy only what I 100% love......... no more impulse buying for me!!)

If I was a Hermes SA, I think I would be slightly worried about the security of my job - there seems to be a lot of unhappy, miffed loyal H fans posting here.

The price hike (during the present economic climate) just seems greedy and short sighted - I wonder what their reasoning is?

I for one, will definitely be re-thinking my future H purchases ( and from now on will buy only what I 100% love......... no more impulse buying for me!!)

You've hit the nail on the head there. Could be better for my pocket in the long run!!!

I T A! :yes::yes::yes:

In the grand scheme of things, an additional 20 pounds here and
40 there scarf-wise doesn't really make a difference when buying H - being a relative newcomer to H accessories I've no idea what the prices were like, say 18 months ago.

However now I DO know, and given the current climate, it does leave rather unpleasant taste, particularly in the light of the late summer/autumn increases. (JMHO)

So now it really will be pieces that I have already identified that I love, and will be less likely to experiement, with either newer designs, materials or formats other than the classic 90s.

The narrow clic clacs are now £310 in store, this is now over my psychological barrier, so I won't be purchasing one of these.

They are £340 on the website. The Kelly double tour has gone from £220 to £260. ITA with the current economic climate this really sucks. Is the 35cm birkin £5000 now??:faint:

i am so sorry for my UK fellow members. i actually saw a GM shawl on the website that i considered buying because even without the VAT refund it would come out significantly cheaper than in the U.S. -- but now the price is on par with what it is in the boutique here.
i'm guessing Paris didn't want there to be a venue more "economical" than the EU -- wouldn't reflect well on the mothership :confused1:

It's not all about imag, as H is a company on Paris bourse, the accounting, turnover and profits are all done in euros. Higher prices abroad will ensure that profits are not lost in "translation" ;)

I am not sure whether the birkin has reached £5000 in the UK yet, I have a birkin and a couple of other thing from a podium order that I am still waiting for, hopefully they will arrive before another increase :sad:

Hi,

I have been looking on this site for around 8 months now, as I am a fellow Hermes lover, but never had the confidence to post - I know I am stupid!

Anyway, after hearing about the suspected price increase in the UK, I called the boutique in Bond Street (as I have a Rouge Garrance Birkin on order there) and I was informed by the gentleman that the price now for a 35cm Birkin is indeed £5000!:cursing: