Price Hike @ RevolveClothing? Anyone else notice?

eliza

O.G.
Dec 2, 2006
I've been trying to find a dress to wear to all my functions this summer, so I've been keeping an eye on a few at revolveclothing. Today I noticed that a $407 Black Halo dress I was looking at yesterday, is $425 today. Has there been an overall price hike? A mistake?

I just checked a few other brands I normally keep an eye on... Mike & Chris items have increased in price, and so has Jenni Kayne (by about $20-25). Other brands appear to be the same price. So there has definitely been a change.

Too bad, it's disappointing.

I was looking at a Mike & Chris sweater, and I swear it was in the upper 200s before and then jumped to over 300.... And I thought I was just going crazy!

Oh well, I didn't really want to spend $300 on a sweater anyway :[

i also think it depends on the popularity of an item. i noticed when they got SWORD jackets in stock they were selling around the $600 mark - but as they started selling out the price went up to $700ish (which is what places like shopbop were selling them at anyway). Having said that in comparison to other online stores, Revolve is still cheaper and i think they should still keep their discount codes!

it may be more noticeable in things that you're vigilantly watching and waiting to buy, but prices of pretty much everything on the consumer mass market in America have gone up, largely because of fuel prices, which increase the cost of doing business for a store like Revolve that has to ship a lot of things in and out. I'd say that you should try and give them the benefit of the doubt over small price increases since, in my experience, they have excellent customer service and offer discount codes regularly.

^ I agree with you amanda. The people who work there are always very friendly and helpful. I guess it's understandable that prices are going up these days.

still kinda sucks though.

they would not be losing money if people are using coupons...if they were, then they'd stop all the coupons. besides that, all these retailers mark up goods 2.5x the amount it costs them to buy them so even items that go on 50% off sale, they still make some money.