President Bush bought Laura a Purse?!

I was thinking perhaps something from the Dooney & Bourke Texas line.

:roflmfao: :lol:

You beat me to it Grace. I was just going to say a Dooney and hopefully a tasteful AWL and not a Tattoo bag or Bumble Bee bag...LOL

He doesn't strike me as fashion Savvy either but hopefully his daughters would steer him in a good direction. Maybe Laura bought it and he wrapped it and put it under the tree just as my husband did. :smile:

I'm guessing American designer and from the couture lines by Michael Kors, Donna Karan, or Calvin Klein? It's sort of their generation designers. Is Tod's or Cole Haan American?

I have to disagree with most of you (sorry!!), I do not see Laura Bush as an Hermes lady. She always looks nice she presents herself very well but not for Hermes or even LV. I definitely think he would get her something from an american designer - Coach perhaps?

I agree it's probably an American designer. Also, he would get torn apart in the press if he spent as much money on a handbag for her as some of us spend. :P Headlines would read, "Troops At War, Bush Buys Wife $2000 handbag" etc.

So I feel pretty confident it's not a Hermes or similar. Unless of course whatever it is is something she has agreed never to take outside the house until they leave the White House :tup:

Hee-hee that's kinda funny ;)

I agree it's probably an American designer. Also, he would get torn apart in the press if he spent as much money on a handbag for her as some of us spend. :P Headlines would read, "Troops At War, Bush Buys Wife $2000 handbag" etc.

So I feel pretty confident it's not a Hermes or similar. Unless of course whatever it is is something she has agreed never to take outside the house until they leave the White House :tup: