Prada CHAT Thread

Hi, guys - just purchased my first Prada Bag (the Cahier in Royal blue - Inchiostro), but noticed the brass hardware on the base had discoloration/fading and got an exchange in the same color. Unfortunately, the new one has some discoloration too (although minor compared to the first one), and some scratches. And the SA informed me that there's no more bags in that color for her to transfer. As much as I love the color, was wondering if it's worth keeping especially looking at the price. Or go in for another color (Sea blue/black) since I don't want the all-black & all other colors are sold out. Please advise, would really appreciate it. Thank you!

View attachment 5088492View attachment 5088493View attachment 5088494View attachment 5088498View attachment 5088499View attachment 5088496View attachment 5088497

Also, below is the alternate Sea Blue option.

View attachment 5088512

Hi, guys - just purchased my first Prada Bag (the Cahier in Royal blue - Inchiostro), but noticed the brass hardware on the base had discoloration/fading and got an exchange in the same color. Unfortunately, the new one has some discoloration too (although minor compared to the first one), and some scratches. And the SA informed me that there's no more bags in that color for her to transfer. As much as I love the color, was wondering if it's worth keeping especially looking at the price. Or go in for another color (Sea blue/black) since I don't want the all-black & all other colors are sold out. Please advise, would really appreciate it. Thank you!

View attachment 5088492View attachment 5088493View attachment 5088494View attachment 5088498View attachment 5088499View attachment 5088496View attachment 5088497

Also, below is the alternate Sea Blue option.

View attachment 5088512
Hi, I have an all black cahier. To behonest I had never inspected it so closely. I just took it out for the sake of your question and did so. Mine has scratches and what you called discolouration. I have had this bag for a long time now but have used it only twice for the total of maybe 2h, as I usually prefer bigger bags. So I am quite sure it has always been this way. Cahier is like a work of art, is a very beautiful and different bag.

What annoys me about it is when I walk, the loop and strap hook rub against each other and make a squeaky sound, like old engine parts in need of some lubricant, please let me know if you have noticed this too!

I hope this is okay to discuss here. But I was just wondering if anyone has dyed Prada nylon bags. I have a vintage one in a green moss color, which has faded, and plan to dye it black. I think since it's a dark green having some green detail would be fine. I tried searching on google on how to dye nylon bags and the most I could find was someone dying her red nylon Henri Bendel bag from red to black. Any insights, suggestions, or even references would be appreciated.
I just dyed a nylon lady dior bag! I used Rit DyeMore Synthetic dye! It was originally a beige color with some stains on it and I dyed it dark green. It seems like the thread used on most nylon bags will not take the dye, but the actual bag fabric will. Just follow the directions and it should turn out fine! I even submerged the entire bag in the boiling dye (it has patent leather handles) and it turned out fine.

Attachments

• IMG_6486.jpg
    IMG_6486.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 62
Hey Guys! So i just bought a black and silver hardware Prada bag was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers about whether the specific style is something that would hold its value well. I'm a little worried that the style is way too old and not relevant anymore. For reference, its the PRADA 1BD009 Saffiano Leather and Nylon bag with chain . Any comments are appreciated!! Thanks!View attachment 4898956

Hi, Its look like from Prada Outlet ? , Unfortunately its not really hold or gain value because this bag is made for outlet, in other terms this bag never be available in full price Prada store

Hey :smile: I'm relatively new to the forum and am about to gonna buy my first Prada nylon bag.

I'm currently debating between the re-edition 2000 and the re-edition 2005 (but the one with the thin shoulder leather strap only, not the chain & thicker crossbody strap)

any opinions or thoughts anyone - and maybe why? would there be any differences in wear & tear or would your vote only be about the look of your favorite?

thank you lots

IMG_7932.PNG

IMG_7933.PNG

Last edited:
Hi, I have an all black cahier. To behonest I had never inspected it so closely. I just took it out for the sake of your question and did so. Mine has scratches and what you called discolouration. I have had this bag for a long time now but have used it only twice for the total of maybe 2h, as I usually prefer bigger bags. So I am quite sure it has always been this way. Cahier is like a work of art, is a very beautiful and different bag.

What annoys me about it is when I walk, the loop and strap hook rub against each other and make a squeaky sound, like old engine parts in need of some lubricant, please let me know if you have noticed this too!
I wore mine, but minus the minor scuffs/discoloration - I haven't really noticed any squeaky sound as of yet. But then I've only worn it once. We're off on vacation this week, and I'm taking mine - so I'll let you know if it starts doing that.

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know why Nordstrom/Neiman Marcus/Saks stopped selling Prada bags online?
I had noticed Nordstrom stopped carrying them a while back, but no idea why. Until your post, I didn't know NM and Saks stopped online sales. Bergdorf Goodman is still selling them online. Boring though the selection is. I'm guessing Prada wants people buying directly from their website.

Anyone notice the new price increase? I believe it occurred within the last week. My SA warned me about it two weeks ago, but he wasn't sure when it was going to happen. (Sorry if this has already been touched-upon.)

Anyone notice the new price increase? I believe it occurred within the last week. My SA warned me about it two weeks ago, but he wasn't sure when it was going to happen. (Sorry if this has already been touched-upon.)

Just noticed tonight that the Re-Edition 2005 nylon bag went up by $70 CAD (so about 3.75% increase). Luckily I bought mines 4 days ago!!! I remember stalking the site daily for like 2 weeks when I was debating getting it and seeing it go in and out of stock multiple times, so it looks like it's still as popular as ever.

Reactions: BB8
Just noticed tonight that the Re-Edition 2005 nylon bag went up by $70 CAD (so about 3.75% increase). Luckily I bought mines 4 days ago!!! I remember stalking the site daily for like 2 weeks when I was debating getting it and seeing it go in and out of stock multiple times, so it looks like it's still as popular as ever.
Yes, it went up $100 USD either today or within the last couple of days! My SA said the increase would be on everything. Cheers to getting it pre-increase, bag twin! :drinks:

Reactions: bearah
Hi Everyone!
has anyone purchased this Prada Raffia tote? My SA just got a hold of one and I was curious how this raffia hold up or in you can put a lot of stuff in there? Anyone own this? Thanks!

Attachments

• E409A9CB-1E6D-4799-90B1-3FCB2A6E75FF.jpeg
    E409A9CB-1E6D-4799-90B1-3FCB2A6E75FF.jpeg
    702.1 KB · Views: 3