Prada Cervo Antik

I would never get a light colored patent bag from Prada again! I have white patent Prada shoes and they got marks the first time I wore them, bought them 50% off so I was not too upset. I also have the crinkle patent boots in black and the patent cracked in several places. I had a clutch that looked like the bag PP posted above but ended up selling it on the bag for about $100. The cracks and marks cannot be fixed either. On a more positive note I do have an older black nylon tote with black patent trim, corners and handles which has aged really well. Overall patent is super delicate and cannot be fixed unless you have it dyed a darker color. A lot of designers actually use vinyl rather than patent these days.

Prada Psycho, that bag on ebay looks terribly abused. You are right in saying that light patent requires more care and in fact, it is also for Chanel as well. My first patent bag was the Chanel navy reissue and it is one of my workhorse bags. Very durable, waterproof and because it is dark, it looks like new. I love the shine! For those are considering a light patent bag, here are some tips to share:

1) Never store them under direct sunlight as they may yellow (applies esp to white patent)

2) Once ink gets onto patent, that is it. It cannot be removed.

3) Wear light patent with light clothing. And that's what I plan to faithfully do with this vernice. Colour gets easily transferred esp from denim.

Sorry to go OT, patent is really pretty and with some care, they should last you a long time.

There are two materials that I have learned to avoid. One is patent and the other is suede. That is for both shoes and bags.
Others may have success with them, but I am not one of them!

Prada Psycho, that bag on ebay looks terribly abused. You are right in saying that light patent requires more care and in fact, it is also for Chanel as well. My first patent bag was the Chanel navy reissue and it is one of my workhorse bags. Very durable, waterproof and because it is dark, it looks like new. I love the shine! For those are considering a light patent bag, here are some tips to share:

1) Never store them under direct sunlight as they may yellow (applies esp to white patent)

2) Once ink gets onto patent, that is it. It cannot be removed.

3) Wear light patent with light clothing. And that's what I plan to faithfully do with this vernice. Colour gets easily transferred esp from denim.

Sorry to go OT, patent is really pretty and with some care, they should last you a long time.

It's not just white/light Prada patent that does this, and I did clarify that the bag in the listing was a worst case scenario. I've also heard horror stories about Chanel patent from my Chanel friends.

Prada simply does not do patent well. I've never owned any YSL patent, but IIRC, the consensus her is that they make the most durable patent bags.

Just a heads up for you Miu Miu fans: the patent on MM's bags IS NOT leather. It's PVC coated fabric. Whether that is more durable or not, I have no idea. For the price of MM's patent, I wouldn't risk trying to find out myself.

By the way, much like suede, I adore the look of patent bags but when I'm forking out four figures on a "pocketbook" I expect it to be problem free.

I had a cream patent leather Prada tote, It got marks under the finish and they simply cannot be removed which is a shame. I don't think I would buy another patent leather unless it was black , although the thought of the leather cracking is another issue to worry about.