Prada Brique

I'm going to add to this thread with my new Brique bag in brushed leather. I wanted to get a bag with a pouch on the strap to match my new Cloudbust Thunder sneakers that I am obsessed about. I kept trying on the LV Trio in Monogram Eclipse (Reverse) and I just didn't love it. Tried it on 4 times on different occasions because I really wanted it to work!

I ventured into Prada to check out their bags, and this Brique bag was love at first sight. I haven't felt so excited about a Prada bag (or any bag) for a while now! I've admired the Brique before, especially @victoroliveira 's but I have an Air Dior pouch that looks very similar in style. The brushed leather makes it look very different from what I have. Makes it quite delicate though. Very susceptible to scratches and indentations. But that glossy finish...I'll put up with the delicate nature for that finish.

Besides, we are going into lockdown AGAIN tomorrow. So this was a last shopping-in-person purchase for a while.
View attachment 5047933View attachment 5047934View attachment 5047935View attachment 5047936View attachment 5047938View attachment 5047939

So beautiful!! I loved it.
My strap is in full leather, I liked the fact that this one is in canvas. Makes it super casual and chic.

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe
So beautiful!! I loved it.
My strap is in full leather, I liked the fact that this one is in canvas. Makes it super casual and chic.
Thanks!

I usually like leather straps, but the pouch on the strap seems to look better when the strap is fabric because it gives it a more sporty vibe. Definitely dresses the bag down, especially since it looks so polished.

Looks amazing @averagejoe! Congrats! I saw this bag on their website and thought it was amazing! Can’t wait for shops to reopen to go see it in person! It’s a definite contender amongst other bags but the leather, whilst it looks amazing, worries me how the bag will look long term as it’s quite a casual bag and so I don’t think I’d baby it too much after a while. Having said that it looks like it will develop a nice patina a la box leather? Post mod shots whenever you get the chance.

Reactions: averagejoe
Looks amazing @averagejoe! Congrats! I saw this bag on their website and thought it was amazing! Can’t wait for shops to reopen to go see it in person! It’s a definite contender amongst other bags but the leather, whilst it looks amazing, worries me how the bag will look long term as it’s quite a casual bag and so I don’t think I’d baby it too much after a while. Having said that it looks like it will develop a nice patina a la box leather? Post mod shots whenever you get the chance.
When I first saw the bag on the website, I thought the same thing. It looked so formal, and the model wearing it with a suit didn't help. But when I saw it in the store, I tried it on while wearing a casual outfit and it looked really good. The nylon strap with the pouch attached makes the bag look sporty. The pouch has a clever attachment, actually. It can be attached to swing around on the D-ring with its clasp, and it can be secured to the strap with a snap-on strip on the back so that it doesn't swing. The LV Trio didn't allow that, nor did the Prada nylon messengers that came with the clip-on pouch.

The combination of polished leather and structure while being sporty reminds me of other Prada styles, like oxford dress shoes with sneaker bottoms. I think they can be casual or formal and look great with either. I won't be wearing this bag with formal clothes. I got this bag to match my Cloudbust Thunder sneakers.

LOL I like the men's lines so much better! I haven't looked at LV for years because I hate cutesy pastel ish. Then I saw the men's :love:
I'm sometimes the opposite! I tend to buy bags that are made for men, but I often find women's bags a lot more interesting! I'm actually glad that the trends have changed, because 10-15 years ago, men's bags were quite boring.

Reactions: poopsie