POST PICS of YOUR SLOUCHY FLOOPY USED BIRKINS

Hi All! I have a question. I’ve always wanted a slouchy Birkin. But for me, the largest size that works is a B30. I have a slouchy B35, but it is far to big for my needs. Does anyone know whether a B30 in, say, clemence would eventually become slouchy? Or is the bag too small to achieve that look. Does anyone have a floppy B30? Thanks in advance!
I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to say yes! I was in the same boat, B35 was too big/ heavy for my needs (although I really did love it). Finally found Birkin Nirvana in a 2005 Clemence B30:lol:. Also looking for an excuse to bump this thread in the hope of some more posts!
49998C62-C68A-4342-8499-D2E242BA5C07.jpeg

I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to say yes! I was in the same boat, B35 was too big/ heavy for my needs (although I really did love it). Finally found Birkin Nirvana in a 2005 Clemence B30:lol:. Also looking for an excuse to bump this thread in the hope of some more posts!
View attachment 5037900
That bag looks soooooooo good!

View attachment 5037900
This is gorgeous!

Just a bump because I love this thread!

I am looking for a carefree tote to possibly use as a diaper bag, I’m between the B32 and HAC32. Those who own these gorgeous soft bags, which would you recommend to get a nice soft shape?

I’m hoping to find swift (because it’s less weight) but it’s somewhat hard to find. I have a line on a beautiful box B35 that’s 20 years old but still not very floppy… does anyone have a sense if box ever really softens up?

Any other floopy-friendly leathers that aren’t crazy heavy?

Last edited:
Just a bump because I love this thread!

I am looking for a carefree tote to possibly use as a diaper bag, I’m between the B32 and HAC32. Those who own these gorgeous soft bags, which would you recommend to get a nice soft shape?

I’m hoping to find swift (because it’s less weight) but it’s somewhat hard to find. I have a line on a beautiful box B35 that’s 20 years old but still not very floppy… does anyone have a sense if box ever really softens up?

Any other floopy-friendly leathers that aren’t crazy heavy?
This does not directly address your question, but I initially used a B35 for my first child, and that lasted about a day. Forgive me if you have other children and have still decided this will work for you, but I find it 100% mandatory to have a shoulder carry (or cross body) diaper bag because you will be carrying your baby in both arms as well as anything else you can possibly fit in your hands while still holding the baby…like your keys to lock the door, the bottle etc you grabbed at the last minute. However, to answer the question, I would go for B35, as larger sizes are more likely to soften (without enough wear that could compromise the bag) and for a soft and lighter leather, I think swift/gulliver would be a good bet. Togo or clemence are not out of the question and can get smooshy. Vintage Ardennes is gorgeous but a bit thicker and heavier. The very light leathers do not tend to get smooshy (Box, VN, Chevre, Epsom), and when they appear to be, they are often damaged. I would not do HAC 32 because then you are limited even more by the smaller handles. When you say B32, I am not sure if you are thinking B30 or B35. For me B30 is a wonderful size, but a small tote with a limit to its capacity of about what you would bring out to dinner or to the office. I like that B35 can fit enough for a day out and about.

This does not directly address your question, but I initially used a B35 for my first child, and that lasted about a day. Forgive me if you have other children and have still decided this will work for you, but I find it 100% mandatory to have a shoulder carry (or cross body) diaper bag because you will be carrying your baby in both arms as well as anything else you can possibly fit in your hands while still holding the baby…like your keys to lock the door, the bottle etc you grabbed at the last minute. However, to answer the question, I would go for B35, as larger sizes are more likely to soften (without enough wear that could compromise the bag) and for a soft and lighter leather, I think swift/gulliver would be a good bet. Togo or clemence are not out of the question and can get smooshy. Vintage Ardennes is gorgeous but a bit thicker and heavier. The very light leathers do not tend to get smooshy (Box, VN, Chevre, Epsom), and when they appear to be, they are often damaged. I would not do HAC 32 because then you are limited even more by the smaller handles. When you say B32, I am not sure if you are thinking B30 or B35. For me B30 is a wonderful size, but a small tote with a limit to its capacity of about what you would bring out to dinner or to the office. I like that B35 can fit enough for a day out and about.
Thank you! B32 was an error, that was supposed to say B35 (whoops!). I would edit but the forum won’t allow.

Good call on shoulder carry… I do have a DD so this wouldn’t be be my first time :smile:

During her baby phase, I had a normal large open tote diaper bag but never needed so much stuff so I very quickly swapped that for a Tory Burch hobo/bucket shoulder bag (very similar style to the Celine Sangle bucket bag). Loved the hands-free situation but I didn’t like that the shoulder tote always fell forward when I leaned down to do anything kid related and usually stuff fell out or the bag bonked into something. It was fine for the couple of years I used it but not necessarily worth a repeat performance. Baby wearing is more practical where I live than strollers, so my go-to cross body (Evelyne) won’t work with a kid strapped on. This logic is what gets me to a beautiful classic tote, and a well loved distinctly non-pristine one at that (hence this thread). Maybe I’m fooling myself here but I figured at least I’d adore looking at a H beauty rather than a generic diaper bag. What did you use?

Re floopy leather, your tips about the types is extremely (!) useful, thank you. I’ll look up Ardennes. I would never have guessed that soft appearance on thinner leathers would likely mean damage. And the handle drop between B/HAC didn’t occur to me either, great points both. Maybe a togo or swift B35 is where it’s at… unless you have other suggestions. I don’t mean to detail this thread so I can PM you if you have more to share :smile:

Last edited:
@peonies13, a leather toile Birkin 35 would be the lightest 35. In the past, I have cleaned the toile of my evelynes with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, and I find toile to be very durable. I’m not sure if I would clean the toile of my B35. I might prefer to send it out to be cleaned. YMMV.

I find my Barenia B30, swift 30 and Togo 30 somewhat heavy fully loaded; I do have a Vache liegee B30 that is somewhat lighter, but it’s not slouchy.
Here are some slouchy relaxed pics (older, preloved): Togo 35, 32 HAC (art B35 and custom metallic 32HAC, both by @docride); black barenia B30; and, gold swift B30. In the 35 and 32, I can carry bottles of wine, art supplies, and other things, no problem. I also include a few action shots so you can see the handle drop and slouchy body (I am 5’2 and medium build, not petite). a 35 that slouches can be irritating when you set it down, unless you have files or objects inside to keep it upright (which I have) in the first action pic. The last pic is the gold swift 30B

a garden party might also work for you

0273BB49-D796-45C3-9028-67EF71310B63.jpeg2C25592B-F09D-4984-B590-8DB2685328DA.jpeg27FD287A-D65C-449B-B187-D4718321D4C7.jpeg DA579EC2-4C4E-4C19-ABC2-0284CEE6F910.jpeg 8966EBEF-E124-4EDC-9E60-2BDD57A51831.jpeg A927CD54-EF61-46FA-945B-939CC2174594.jpeg

Last edited:
Love love love slouchy well used birkins! But.. View attachment 5238597
this.. how can one make their birkin like this? It’s insane and aesthetically odd. I wonder what she did to make hers look this way. Any thoughts?
She’s using her Birkin in a very unfussy way — as a tote bag as it was designed. So what that she has a bulky and heavy item in it.

I’ve written this before. A birkin bag is the most expensive tote bag in the world, but it’s still a tote bag.

IMO The most chic way to wear a Birkin is to integrate using your bag into everyday life. And that means to carry it when you go to the grocery store in sweats and no make up, out to lunch even if it’s fast food, as well as nice dinners or events when you are wearing couture. You spent a ton of your hard earned money on the bag — it should not stay in the closet waiting for a suitable event.