Post a picture of your pet[s]!

so cute
I can't recall where I saw this - her on PF of some other site - but someone posted they had two rotties and the pups had destroyed multiple sofas....tore the stuffing out of them
Luckily the only thing my girl destroys is her bones. She chewed holes in a couple of blankets when she was little but as an adult she’s been so good. I’m lucky.

Reactions: sdkitty
Luckily the only thing my girl destroys is her bones. She chewed holes in a couple of blankets when she was little but as an adult she’s been so good. I’m lucky.
I've never had a large dog but wonder if having two large breed puppies is more destructive. As opposed to having two kittens which is easier than one.

I've never had a large dog but wonder if having two large breed puppies is more destructive. As opposed to having two kittens which is easier than one.
I think it has more to do with their personalities & environment. Large dogs who aren’t exercised enough can become destructive. Some dogs are destructive when anxious. Some aren’t trained properly. Lots of factors could cause destructive chewing. My SO wants another dog and I keep saying no. Our girl is enough work as responsible dog owners. Totally worth it but if I had 2 her size I probably couldn’t walk them - together they’d be well over my weight & in a pulling match they would win. Even well trained dogs get startled & pull & I couldn’t physically handle them. I know my limits lol. Big dogs need exercise.

Reactions: loves
I think it has more to do with their personalities & environment. Large dogs who aren’t exercised enough can become destructive. Some dogs are destructive when anxious. Some aren’t trained properly. Lots of factors could cause destructive chewing. My SO wants another dog and I keep saying no. Our girl is enough work as responsible dog owners. Totally worth it but if I had 2 her size I probably couldn’t walk them - together they’d be well over my weight & in a pulling match they would win. Even well trained dogs get startled & pull & I couldn’t physically handle them. I know my limits lol. Big dogs need exercise.

My Mom loves Saint Bernards. She got Big Guy (Puppy was my name for him), when I was an adult. He was 175lbs. I'm 4'11", 120lbs. So he had over 50 lbs on me. We noticed that he walked so much better for me than my Mom who is 5'7" or my 6'2" brother.

My brother had an interesting theory. "Jen, Look at how small you are compared to him. He's a Saint - they are Nanny Dogs. He isn't going to risk pulling over and hurting someone he thinks is a child." Brother was probably right... I miss my Puppy... Note that in the second pic I am NOT holding his leash, but he's staying right with me.

I love big mutts and I cannot lie... (Sorry. Couldn't resist.) :biggrin:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1520452638853.jpg
    FB_IMG_1520452638853.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 52
  • FB_IMG_1520452652624.jpg
    FB_IMG_1520452652624.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 50
My Mom loves Saint Bernards. She got Big Guy (Puppy was my name for him), when I was an adult. He was 175lbs. I'm 4'11", 120lbs. So he had over 50 lbs on me. We noticed that he walked so much better for me than my Mom who is 5'7" or my 6'2" brother.

My brother had an interesting theory. "Jen, Look at how small you are compared to him. He's a Saint - they are Nanny Dogs. He isn't going to risk pulling over and hurting someone he thinks is a child." Brother was probably right... I miss my Puppy... Note that in the second pic I am NOT holding his leash, but he's staying right with me.

I love big mutts and I cannot lie... (Sorry. Couldn't resist.) :biggrin:
Love St Bernards

Reactions: JenJBS