Possible Reference library for the BV forum???

hi jburgh, the code references can be a sticky. styles could be classics or seasonal items. the key classic styles would be veneta, cabat, campana, montaigne, new ball, cocker, sloane, pyramid, knot clutch, etc. (tpfers who have more knowledge, please help me to list more). classic colours are nero, ebano, noce, bianco.

is it possible to have a reference thread on BV accessories also?

i'm so happy BV will finally have its own reference library. let me know if there's anything i can do to help.

OMG! This is so exciting! Can't wait for this refernce to be up and running! Maybe initially we shouldn't complicate it too much ie

1) Have a colours thread showing a close up of the different colours (like we have already

2) Have a different styles thread with pics of the bags (inc price, colour and measurements)

3) Keep the BV in action thread (for modelling pics) and the BV celebrity thread)

4) Post a BV accessories thread seperate for shoes, wallets, jewellery etc
and possibly RTW?

If we keep the threads fairly simple than we can all post our respective pics (inc comparison pics). If the library gets too big we can always subcategorise. ITA with all those that posted here that subcategorising BV colours is too complicated and we may end up with double posts.

Just my 2 cents worth!

A reference library is fabulous and is long time coming. The ideas mooted here seemed workable. We should have the classic/seasonal style and colours in seperate threads. Please let me know if you need help on the info (not that I'd have all the knowledge, I'll try my best). We need boxermom's input too, esp the vintage items.

Yay, I'm so glad to hear a reference library is coming! :yahoo:I like Syma's suggestions of the breakdown of the categories to keep it simple and user friendly.

Edit: I forgot to add that threads regarding how to care for your BV(i.e. sprays like Collonil) would be helpful too.

Well after spending over a half hour composing a masterpiece post,:graucho: it went poof! So here is my second attempt.

Please take a look at this and read carefully: http://www.hankiebears.com/BVreflib.html
It is the latest draft of the BV Style and Color reference subforums. I added some threads and rearranged others. It needs to be useful to people who are unfamiliar with the brand as well as experts. I grouped the colors, and split up the styles. Several of your suggestions were incorporated.

I need the following information before we can ask for the space to be created:
Are there any styles missing? I have no clue about this and need feedback.

We can have separate stickies for leather reference, color/season charts, and care.

Please post your comments here so I can make a final draft. Then we'll have a last look-see and get the library up.

Remember, the library is an ongoing project. There will always be opportunities to add more threads. But the more we can get put together now, the better.

Veneta - PICS ONLY!!!
Please post any photos of your authentic Bottega Veneta Veneta here.
Please indicate the color name, color code, leather type, style, season and year of the bag you are posting. It is also valuable to include measurements in inches HxWxD, strap length or handle drop.

With the Venetas, it's probably good if we list the name of the size (for instance medium, large, maxi, mini). Measurements are nice, but I bet we'll get better compliance on names.

jburgh- looks really great.
the only other categories that you may want to consider are one for messenger style bags and one for totes.
i find the hermes leather section (hermesgroupie) really useful and user friendly.
anyway, will be happy to help. thanks so much for all the work and most of all for coming up with the idea and taking so much on.

Hovercraftier - besides the Veneta, are there other styles that come in small, med, large? I said I was a newbie, lol

annie9999 - I'll add two more threads, one for messenger bags and the other for totes. The prelim page should be updated to include these shortly.

Thanks!

^ I can't think of any others, but I have a very stuffy cold and really should not be posting in this condition at all! Maybe someone with working brain cells can help out. Oh and jburgh you are a rock star for getting this organized!

Camapana - medium and large
Cabat - medium, large, and small/mini(aka asian size)
Sloane, Cocker, Ball, Julie, Roma, Montaigne, and Pyramid - one size, I believe.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.:smile:

Camapana - medium and large
Cabat - medium, large, and small/mini(aka asian size)
Sloane, Cocker, Ball, Julie, Roma, Montaigne, and Pyramid - one size, I believe.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken.:smile:

Is is Campana or Camapana? I am not familiar enough with the names. Did I spell anything else wrong on the preliminary library? Thanks!