Possible Red Flag?

JenJBS

Sep 22, 2019
Considering a bag on eBay. Two lines in the listing seems like it might be a red flag, or I might be overanalyzing. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Authentic and please don’t not question it. Anyone who knows these bags knows this is authentic.

If a bag is authentic, why would the seller not want any questions? And the second line sounds like they are playing to a buyer's ego. 'I know these bags, so I don't want to look dumb by questioning the authenticity.'

Considering a bag on eBay. Two lines in the listing seems like it might be a red flag, or I might be overanalyzing. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Authentic and please don’t not question it. Anyone who knows these bags knows this is authentic.

If a bag is authentic, why would the seller not want any questions? And the second line sounds like they are playing to a buyer's ego. 'I know these bags, so I don't want to look dumb by questioning the authenticity.'

Sounds sketchy. They seem very defensive. As a buyer, I'd hate to deal with a seller like that. If you were to return the purse it'd be a huge problem. I'd pass.

The only time I've seen sellers saying they don't want questions or getting angry when buyers have asked for more photos is when the item's authenticity can't be determined from the photos uploaded in the listing and the item seems scetchy.
One seller actually replied "why are you buying if you don't believe it's authentic?!!!" and proceeded to bid for her own item after I tested the waters and made a bid. I know she would not let me buy the bag and that it was her making the bid because the item was on sale at another preloved site at the same time and it stayed there for weeks after the auction ended.

I'd pass. It seems rude to me so I wouldn't want to deal with such sellers.

The bag might be authentic but the buyer has the right to ask as many questions as they want, even if they are stupid. I'm not in the shoes of a seller often but I'm always open for any questions. And if the question is very stupid or abusive in any way (because it sometimes happens), I always politely ask the buyer to pass if they don't like the item and to go and find a better one that will suit them better.

A legitimate question should always have a "legitimate answer" especially with regard to authenticity
no matter how many times it is asked. If a seller doesn't like the question(s) don't list your item as
answering questions is part of selling
The same goes for asking for images as a picture is worth a thousand words
If a seller isn't forthcoming, just pass

Well, this is just patently false, so the seller is being untrustworthy from the jump. You can't automatically know any bag is authentic on the secondary market: it takes scrutiny and proof. She is foreclosing legitimate discussion. Move on, find a good seller.

• Insightful
Reactions: limom and JenJBS
The only time I've seen sellers saying they don't want questions or getting angry when buyers have asked for more photos is when the item's authenticity can't be determined from the photos uploaded in the listing and the item seems scetchy.
One seller actually replied "why are you buying if you don't believe it's authentic?!!!" and proceeded to bid for her own item after I tested the waters and made a bid. I know she would not let me buy the bag and that it was her making the bid because the item was on sale at another preloved site at the same time and it stayed there for weeks after the auction ended.

Wow! That is insane. Great that you caught it, and didn't buy the bag.

I'd pass. It seems rude to me so I wouldn't want to deal with such sellers.

The bag might be authentic but the buyer has the right to ask as many questions as they want, even if they are stupid. I'm not in the shoes of a seller often but I'm always open for any questions. And if the question is very stupid or abusive in any way (because it sometimes happens), I always politely ask the buyer to pass if they don't like the item and to go and find a better one that will suit them better.
Thank you! :flowers:

A legitimate question should always have a "legitimate answer" especially with regard to authenticity
no matter how many times it is asked. If a seller doesn't like the question(s) don't list your item as
answering questions is part of selling
The same goes for asking for images as a picture is worth a thousand words
If a seller isn't forthcoming, just pass

Well, this is just patently false, so the seller is being untrustworthy from the jump. You can't automatically know any bag is authentic on the secondary market: it takes scrutiny and proof. She is foreclosing legitimate discussion. Move on, find a good seller.