Poor Elvire stuck in HM Customs...

Oh my god, Tagullah, I'm sorry that Sacoche in Bahrain is so late.
sad.gif
I can feel your being nervous, and I fully understand...
yes.gif
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you will (and I am sure you will, because if one is so determined, it is bound to become real
thmbup.gif
) get the Pigalle Bay really really soon, so that I can then join in your celebration this time!
party.gif

Are you actually considering to let more of your current bag collection go?
crybaby.gif

Susie - I really hope your Sacoche bag hasn't been caught by customs. Have you ever been in that situation before ? What are the US customs charges like ? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I think Irene used the TNT courier service to send my bag.-TAG

Tag I have only paid customs from Italy and that was on a 700 dollar item. The tax was 230 dollars for that purchase (ouch). However, I have NO IDEA what Bahrain's CT will be on this 850 dollar bag?

Irene is using Bahrain's postal service for my purse. So will the US postal service be delivering my purse?:confused1:

Hummm that could be the delay? I'm almost positive Nat had Fedex for her bag. Tag? What's TNT?

Oh my god, Tagullah, I'm sorry that Sacoche in Bahrain is so late.
sad.gif
I can feel your being nervous, and I fully understand...
yes.gif
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you will (and I am sure you will, because if one is so determined, it is bound to become real) get the Pigalle Bay really really soon, so that I can then join in your celebration this time!
Are you actually considering to let more of your current bag collection go?

:flowers:Thanks Brigitte.
Yes,I am selling a few of my bags. A couple of them (Mulberry & Ally Capellino) were just gathering dust at the back of my wardrobe, so no tears shed there.:nogood: I'm also trying to sell one of my Bays:s.The bag in question ( won't go into too much detail lest people think I'm touting for business) was the biggest impulse buy of my collection really.It's beautiful (as they all are :yes:) but I already have one in a similar colour and I can see it's not going to get enough use to justify keeping it....especially so if I want to buy the Pigalle version:graucho:. That said, I won't sell it for much less then I paid for it in the first place - that would be just too painful :Push:, so we'll see what happens.

Susie - I really hope your Sacoche bag hasn't been caught by customs. Have you ever been in that situation before ? What are the US customs charges like ? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I think Irene used the TNT courier service to send my bag.-TAG

Tag I have only paid customs from Italy and that was on a 700 dollar item. The tax was 230 dollars for that purchase (ouch). However, I have NO IDEA what Bahrain's CT will be on this 850 dollar bag?

Irene is using Bahrain's postal service for my purse. So will the US postal service be delivering my purse?:confused1:

Hummm that could be the delay? I'm almost positive Nat had Fedex for her bag. Tag? What's TNT?

Gosh Susie, I don't know how that will work .I guess if Irene has just sent the bag by regular airmail, the USPS will probably deliver it. TNT is a courier service like Fedex.

My Elvire that got stuck in customs was sent via USPS and subsequently delivered into the hands of Parcelforce, the UK equivalent of USPS. I think that's why this particular package got caught as oppsed to other packages I've had that have been sent by a private courier service. I assume when that's the deal, the customs procedure might be slightly different, but again I'm not certain about that. It all seems a bit random really.

For days on end the tracking information just dried up and after hours on the phone with the unbelievably unhelpful people from Parcelforce:cursing: and their :cursing:INFURIATING:cursing: automated voice system, I finally tracked the package down.

Oh, I know! Parcel Force are an absolute nightmare to deal with. Completely incompetent. :rolleyes:

A few months ago, the (very nice) US seller I had bought a Chloe bag from had, mistakenly, put the full retail price on the customs forms (rather than the auction price I paid).

After a couple of weeks, when it still didn't appear to have arrived here, I checked the tracking number on their website and sure enough, they had, apparently, tried to deliver it twice; but, for some reason, hadn't put a slip through the door to inform me of this, on either occasion. :nogood:

I called them and when I finally managed to get through to a human being (not an easy task, as you know) and was told the duties charge, I was absolutely horrified, because it was almost half what I had paid for the bag! I told them that customs had charged the wrong amount and that I would try to sort it out and they agreed to keep hold of it.

But then, it transpired that they had, almost immediately, put it on the slow boat back to the US, without informing the seller, or me! :wtf:

Luckily, due to the seller's excellent packaging, which included the original NAP box (which I had requested at extra p&p cost, thank goodness!), it, finally (i.e. a couple of months later!) arrived back in the US and I received a refund.

I honestly don't know what's wong with them (Parcel force, that is). :shrugs: