POLL: Do you feel that you are treated differently when carrying your LV bag?

POLL: Do you feel you are treated differently when carrying an LV Bag?

• Yes, I notice I am treated with more respect as a customer.

• No, I didn't notice any difference than carrying a bag from Wal*Mart.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do have non LV bags and notice a huge difference in the service and attention I get from people when carrying LV. I tend to dress up on a daily basis and the only thing that changes is the bag so I know it's definitely LV! Keep in mind that I live in a small town and LV is not very common here.

Today I was carrying my mono Speedy 25. While walking the mall I walked by one of those kiosks and the sales guy starts gushing over my bag. I think it was a ploy to try to reel me in to buy whatever he was selling.

Yep, sometimes it's this way, sometimes in various places, stores including Nordstrom, Saks, and in LV. But I also feel really good when I carry my LV bags, so that is a confidence boost, too.

Because I always carry LV, I wouldn't know the difference. However, my husband, the eagle-eye, has commented that salespeople in NM always glance at my handbag. If that's the case, it probably happens everywhere.

I know the SAs look as I've heard them make comments about peoples bags.

I think salespeople are attuned to signs of (perceived) affluence.

NM salespeople always glance at my bag, my watch and whatever jewelry I have on.

I really can't tell if I am treated better when I carry my LV. People in general do notice more when I carry my LV. I am not so sure about getting better service.

Generally, I find it doesn't matter what I'm carrying, if I feel better, and am all dressed up I get better treatment from store clerks, SAs, MAs, the general public.

I find those 'in the know' Holts sales people and the like, treat me better with a pricey bag. But even in more high-street/mid-range shops, SAs - in general - are nicer and more attentive if I'm dressed up, have on some makeup, and have my hair done nicely. It could just be in a neat ponytail, nice fitting jeans and top, and Chucks, but I get way better service than if I just ran out in my grubbies. It doesn't seem to matter what bag I'm wearing, looking presentable is the key deciding factor.

I will say: it almost got to be an annoyance last time in Holts. I was meeting The Boy after his squash game for some dance practise. I was dressed nicely and carrying my Bleu Lavande Bal, and had just planned on running to the Tom Ford cosmetics counter to use a giftcard I'd had for awhile. I walked into the bag section impulsively and had - within 20 minutes - 3 SAs all warm up to me, complimenting my bag, and going on and on. I find the service in Holts is generally decent, but I really was in no mood to shop that day, just to browse/kill time. And though I did eventually put a sale bag on hold to purchase, I still felt like they'd all really gone in for the kill.

I do find LV to be pretty commonplace here, so carrying an Ebene Speedy generally doesn't get/net me great service right off the bat; neither do my MBMJs or RMs (though strangers around me in line or in hipster places always seem to love my RMs). I understand retail sucks, but I hate when an SA will act completely disinterested or like they're suffering, but as soon as you pull out the wallet to pay they're all over you. I give leeway during holidays, but the rest of the year? My Gawd...

Generally, I find it doesn't matter what I'm carrying, if I feel better, and am all dressed up I get better treatment from store clerks, SAs, MAs, the general public.

I find those 'in the know' Holts sales people and the like, treat me better with a pricey bag. But even in more high-street/mid-range shops, SAs - in general - are nicer and more attentive if I'm dressed up, have on some makeup, and have my hair done nicely. It could just be in a neat ponytail, nice fitting jeans and top, and Chucks, but I get way better service than if I just ran out in my grubbies. It doesn't seem to matter what bag I'm wearing, looking presentable is the key deciding factor.

I will say: it almost got to be an annoyance last time in Holts. I was meeting The Boy after his squash game for some dance practise. I was dressed nicely and carrying my Bleu Lavande Bal, and had just planned on running to the Tom Ford cosmetics counter to use a giftcard I'd had for awhile. I walked into the bag section impulsively and had - within 20 minutes - 3 SAs all warm up to me, complimenting my bag, and going on and on. I find the service in Holts is generally decent, but I really was in no mood to shop that day, just to browse/kill time. And though I did eventually put a sale bag on hold to purchase, I still felt like they'd all really gone in for the kill.

I do find LV to be pretty commonplace here, so carrying an Ebene Speedy generally doesn't get/net me great service right off the bat; neither do my MBMJs or RMs (though strangers around me in line or in hipster places always seem to love my RMs). I understand retail sucks, but I hate when an SA will act completely disinterested or like they're suffering, but as soon as you pull out the wallet to pay they're all over you. I give leeway during holidays, but the rest of the year? My Gawd...

I agree with every single word !! :woohoo:The exact thing happens to me at Holt!

i have only caried my mono speedy35 once so i dont know but when i see another lady carrying an lv-cerise especially i look and think oh they have style and how i would love their bag:smile:

it basically depends on what type of LV bag you use gets you better service.... but in general yes you do get a slightly better service than others.... people with birkins get showered with attention by the SAs and people like me who just stare at them... haha

When I carry any of my Louis Vuitton bags I get glances and stares but I don't really notice it too much. I usually get the most attention when I am carry one of my Chanel bags like my 2.55. That gets me the most attention. They treat me as if I'm Kim Kardashian herself. :P
I don't really get a lot of attention from strangers if I'm carrying a Chloe bags or Balenciaga bags unless they're store clerks and strangers that are bagaholics like me.

Pretty much EVERYONE in Japan can recognize anything from LV... Only the other bagaholics like me even recognize any of my HE & ME bags from different makers. Except, SA's can sniff out your collection from miles away here! :lol:

I feel weird going to, say Ferragamo or Coach (where I have beloved SAs) wearing something other than SF and Coach. I feel like I"m being disloyal. They kind of look at my bag and don't say anything, whereas then I'm wearing the brand they sell, they always comment. Weird.

Once, DH and I were at Jos. A. Bank (men's suits, etc.) and the SA gushed all about my SF bag becaus she she had formerly been a Ferragamo manager. (But most of the time, NOBODY recognizes SF, and if they do, they never say.)

LV, on the other hand, everyone recognizes. Well, almost. Friends who have always seen me as Earth Mother get mental whiplash when I wear LV. (It is a big change for me. Frankly I deserve the Earth Mother reputation, although I'm trying to break out of that fashion mould.)

When I am browsing around at higher end stores, LV earns me more attention from sales staff. But, like others said, at the grocery, nobody cares.

I think it just boils down to the fact that if you carry an expensive bag, SAs will think that you are not shy about spending money. (Which is often true. Can we blame them?)

No...Not at all. So many people here have expensive bags. I don't think its a big deal to most SAs where I shop. Besides most of them know me anyway. What does that tell ya? :giggles: