POLL: buying a used LV

What should I do?

• Get the new one! Only $250 more, you can have it NEW and NOW!

• Get the used one, and save the money for other things you want!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
BB, don't be worried about customs, they only maybe charge you if it is over Au$1000. Not sure how much the bag is that you are buying. I bought a mint condition black Le Tal (still had the blue plastic on the front plate) for US$1000 and then was extremely worried about customs later as I (doh)had not thought about it. When I received the bag they had written clearly on the front that it was insured for $1000 US dollars and no customs charge at all.Don't think the box had even been opened for a peek.

I guess everyone has a different perception of what is a lot of money, but $300 is significant to me. If the bag is from a reputable seller and in mint condition, I would take that one. The extra $300 could be half of the wallet you want!

hi bb, (I shortened your name ;) )

I would get used. 300.00 is a lot of savings. LV doesn't go on sale. I've gotten a used pristine new cles that was from 2003. Some people just don't use their LV, and they keep them in excellent condition. And some sellers really baby their LV. So if I was thinking of buying something new, even saving 80.00 or 100.00 is always a nice savings when its like new or new.
You will still love the LV baby!! I love my MC White Cles when I use it, I never ever think it was used. Because it really was new. Its up to you though. Buying new is also so nice. for the retail experience.
Just my thought though. Used doesn't always mean beat up, or torn, or stained. for that reason, I would buy something used if it was something I was going to buy anyways. :yes:

ITA, you can actually get a nice vintage bag from ebay for $300 to add to your collection and a little more saved up would get you a pristine pochette or lexington...get used but NEVER abused lol :nuts: ...I think $300 is a pretty big saving

It's difficult, especially when your SA took the effort ordering it for you. But $300 is enough to get you another scarf or a charm to add to your collection.

I'd get the used one, and buy the other things from that SA.

My rule of thumb when considering buying something used is that if the savings are more than 200 it's worth it, so in this case(300 off) I would buy this bag used. For the bags I like unfortunately in the condition I like them(mint) I end up buying new bec. they end so close to retail it's not worth it for me.