Polka Dots, In or Out ??

Archipelago said:
Polka dots are so much fun. I love polka dot clothing. It looks better with small dots though. If it's too big, you'll make people think of clowns.

I agree, to many dots can make one look strange, and it depends on the size of the dots. Big colourful dots = Bozo The Clown.

It really depends on if you like the polka dots (which come in many variations) and the garment.
I favor the quarter sized dots colorful and not too crowded. I also like some small polkadots. White dots on navy or black is ALWAYS classy and tasteful.
Don't worry about what other people think (some of them don't do it very often) and buy something you like.
Kate

I'm not sure how to feel about polka dots, I think that indeed if you do like the shirt, its your favorite color, etc..then grab ittt...I, personally do not own a garment with polka dots on it, i'm not sure if I feel left out, i see some tops around that are adorable, but on the other hand i like to be unique and look mature, I don't want to look like a trend whore, because every shop I go into looks like it threw up polka dots, maybe if it weren't sucha trend, i agree in a few years i'll probably get to enjoy them alot more.

Ooh your skirt is so pretty :heart:

attachment.php
My new Anne Klein polka dot skirt - on it's way to a spring wedding!

I like small polka dots - in black/white or red/white (not so much in other colours for some reason, I guess those two combinations are the most "classic" ones, which is probably why I like them).

I have a few items of clothing with polka dots, actually; a skirt (with a matching headband) and a dress comes to mind right now. I think a polka dot bag could be very cool too!

Polka dots are really hot over here in the UK right now - they're everywhere from clothes to bedding and china.
The retro 50s look is HUGE here in homeware so there's loads of dotty china and cream enamel and the dots craze has carried over into clothes.
I had a polka dot skirt about 10 years ago so it seems strange to be doing it again but I really like smallish polk dots and have just ordered a navy/white flippy skirt from Boden (not sure if Boden is only available in the UK though).
Anyway, this is definitely the year of the dots.