Polène handbags

The croc flap is actually okay! To be honest, it really is a beautiful bag, I do love it. I just wish it didn’t scratch up so quick! [emoji53]

I also have marks on my green Numero Un that aren't coming off; they showed up faster than I would have normally expected. They are small and only noticeable because of contrast between the whiteness of the marks and the deep green of the bag. I don't get too stressed when a bag shows minor signs of wear, especially when I haven't paid a small fortune for it. I plan to get a sharpie type pen in a matching green color at the local art supplies store and simply color in the two small marks.

I was googling for reviews for the numéro un aaaaaaaand.... it seems like the fakes have arrived, so be careful if you purchase second hand (although it does say that it is unbranded, but I warrant someone out there will make an actual fake):

Frankly it’s just really irritating. I get that a lot of designer brands have lofty prices that dont go much towards quality and are thus attracting the counterfeiters, but Polene’s not one of them, so can they leave the brand alone :annoyed:

Is anyone able to describe the leather thoroughly? The feedback seems so mixed. Someone in another thread complained that her leather felt like "foam."

I should just go ahead and make the purchases I want, but I'm a bit worried this might be another contemporary brand that is being promoted...

Is anyone able to describe the leather thoroughly? The feedback seems so mixed. Someone in another thread complained that her leather felt like "foam."

I should just go ahead and make the purchases I want, but I'm a bit worried this might be another contemporary brand that is being promoted...
Honestly I'm not sure how other people are scratching their pebbled leather bags so easily, unless there is significant differences in leather between the different colors (but I don't think this is actually the case from seeing all of them in the store). In fact, I would say that this particular pebbled leather is hardier, with deeper graining, than a lot of other brands. It is not as buttery as it photographs--it feels sturdy and structured to the touch. It only feels like "foam" in that there is slight compression when you squeeze it, but it is definitely not as soft/thick/spongy as the word foam implies. I really do not have any complaint about the pebbled leather at all, as I knew from other reviews it would not be buttery. It will soften up a little over time, as the display models in the store were definitely softer than my new one. My bag also has a suede flap, and the suede, though soft to the touch, is not as refined/precisely shaved as you might expect from higher-end luxury brands. I think the leather quality/hardware/craftsmanship is very good for the price they're charging.

Honestly I'm not sure how other people are scratching their pebbled leather bags so easily, unless there is significant differences in leather between the different colors (but I don't think this is actually the case from seeing all of them in the store). In fact, I would say that this particular pebbled leather is hardier, with deeper graining, than a lot of other brands. It is not as buttery as it photographs--it feels sturdy and structured to the touch. It only feels like "foam" in that there is slight compression when you squeeze it, but it is definitely not as soft/thick/spongy as the word foam implies. I really do not have any complaint about the pebbled leather at all, as I knew from other reviews it would not be buttery. It will soften up a little over time, as the display models in the store were definitely softer than my new one. My bag also has a suede flap, and the suede, though soft to the touch, is not as refined/precisely shaved as you might expect from higher-end luxury brands. I think the leather quality/hardware/craftsmanship is very good for the price they're charging.
I agree with what you are saying totally. My pebbled leather has not shown ANY scratches, and due to the pebbly nature, I would not expect any. This bag is well worth the price!

I agree with what you are saying totally. My pebbled leather has not shown ANY scratches, and due to the pebbly nature, I would not expect any. This bag is well worth the price!
None of my other pebbled leathers have noticeable scratches and a few of them are nearly 10 years old. Nonetheless, I have two white marks (that won't come off) on my Numero Un. As I posted above, it's not a big deal to me and I can cover them with a green sharpie easily enough, but I resent the thinly veiled suggestions that the marks are somehow my fault for being too careless with the bags. I treat my Polene bags the same way I treat my bags costing 10 times as much.

Has anyone bought the Numero Un recently from the site? I bought my blush pink Numero Un the first week of June 2018. I got it very quickly. I’m in the US. I carried it all summer. It was my first new bag in a while, so it was in very heavy rotation. I even saw someone carrying a black Numero Un while I was vacationing in Europe over the summer. I never had a single problem with mine. It is pristine. I think it’s excellent value for money. Has anyone who bought theirs recently had the same good experience with the site and the bag?