Polene Cyme Discussion Thread

Just ordered the Cyme in taupe. Really excited to see it IRL. How did you all who own this bag decide about the color? I liked all cognac, camel and taupe very much.

Oh wow, they were really fast. I ordered the bag the night before yesterday and it came today morning. I think I never got a delivery so fast…

This is the regular Cyme in taupe. I am a bit torn by the color. I guess I thought it would be more greyish less greige. The color is still a gorgeous neutral and I have the feeling it changes depending on the light…? It is also very difficult to catch the color properly on the photos… It is actually not so yellowish/greige as on the first pic, more like on the second detail pic, but a big more dark…
What do you fellow tpflers think of this bag. Anybody have it here?

I think it will be so easy to match with everything as a superneutral color. I am also happy I choose the regular cyme over the mini one. I was afraid it would look to big on my 5“2‘, bit actually not. Looks like a goof tote size and I think the space it has more than the mini is great for an everyday and work bag!

F50CB1C9-362F-4A7E-8CF0-272B920CD781.jpeg
D47C1ADA-7285-4416-8E75-5BD057A48B63.jpegE9A7456A-6CA6-4EA7-9272-4AB90D27671D.jpeg6DEC99D0-F39C-41D8-873E-B6BF846F124E.jpeg

C176C89E-7F7F-41AD-88ED-ECA142884EF2.jpeg

F4E2F09C-B1C0-41D7-A16F-D0A41EA6ECC6.jpeg

Writing about my first impression of the Cyme:
Yesterday I took it out the first time to work. So it really fits a lot of stuff, but they sit a bit wonky inside of the bag because of its shape with the steep folds. That means stuff might toss themselves around a bit and get mixed up. Not a dealbreaker. BUT - I think I hate the shoulder straps…! It is impossible to grab the bag fast because you get to hold any of the four straps when grabbing it fast while not paying much attention meaning that I mostly grabbed one of the long and the short handles causing bag to flip or one of the long handles get tangled and it is just impossible to grab it fast and put it on your shoulder…! Sooo annoying…!!! :sad:
Do any of you also have the same problem. Otherwise the bag looks great. I will of course further use the Cyme, but I hate that can‘t just grab it… Perhaps I will get used to it. I will report back how I like it after some use.

Reactions: Jereni
Writing about my first impression of the Cyme:
Yesterday I took it out the first time to work. So it really fits a lot of stuff, but they sit a bit wonky inside of the bag because of its shape with the steep folds. That means stuff might toss themselves around a bit and get mixed up. Not a dealbreaker. BUT - I think I hate the shoulder straps…! It is impossible to grab the bag fast because you get to hold any of the four straps when grabbing it fast while not paying much attention meaning that I mostly grabbed one of the long and the short handles causing bag to flip or one of the long handles get tangled and it is just impossible to grab it fast and put it on your shoulder…! Sooo annoying…!!! :sad:
Do any of you also have the same problem. Otherwise the bag looks great. I will of course further use the Cyme, but I hate that can‘t just grab it… Perhaps I will get used to it. I will report back how I like it after some use.

I haven’t run into this myself… I have the smaller Cyme and I mostly just grab it by the short handles whenever I need to pick it up and get into it quickly. I only use the long straps when I’m out and about and need both hands for something, otherwise I carry it by the short handles, either in the hand or crook of the elbow.

Reactions: turpinlm
I haven’t run into this myself… I have the smaller Cyme and I mostly just grab it by the short handles whenever I need to pick it up and get into it quickly. I only use the long straps when I’m out and about and need both hands for something, otherwise I carry it by the short handles, either in the hand or crook of the elbow.

When I am at work, going to or coming from work I mostly need both hands for work phone, patient papers, mugs etc. I always need the long handles, except when I am not at work and have time to just grab the short handles.
Such a fuss. I mostly catch the long handle on my side and the short on the other side and the bag then tilts and spill parts of my stuff. Extremely annoying.

Can the straps be detached, or do you always have the short and long straps?

No, the straps are all fixed.

Hi!

Thought I’d bump in as I’m really interested in the mini cyme.
I haven’t been able to find any info on if it fits an iPad though?

Can anyone help? :smile:

Hi!

Thought I’d bump in as I’m really interested in the mini cyme.
I haven’t been able to find any info on if it fits an iPad though?

Can anyone help? :smile:
@Jereni was helpful to let me know it fits! But not the iPad Pro - can fit within but it will protrude out from the top of the bag.

I’m still thinking between lilac mini and the camel / cognac regular. I don’t think I can justify getting both sides but I think they can be used for different purposes hahah.